Cooper FET - confused with many questions

Cooper FET - confused with many questions

nina
nina

November 18th, 2011, 12:17 am #1

I am preparing for a FET at Cooper and I just turned 45. They sent me a IVF pretesting sheet that has the following items that need to be done:

1. Medical clearance from a family physician
2. EKG with interpretation
3. Pre-conceptual counseling with a high risk OB-GYN

How do I get these done? I have not told my family physician that I am TTC, and I don't want to reveal this information. A few years ago, my family physician made a remark that she figured I was done with my family building. I didn't say anything at the time, because she made it sound like how could I even think of having a baby at my age (I was 42 at the time).

Also, I have not made any appts with a high risk OB-GYN. How do I even go about finding one, and then what do I tell them? That I plan to do a FET and need their clearance? Won't they start asking about DE? What if I don't want to reveal this information? And what happens if I don't end up using them and go to my regular OB-GYN?

Lastly, how do I go about getting an EKG? Who will write the order for me?

I didn't realize it was so complicated at Cooper.

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 18th, 2011, 1:27 am #2

Find a OB-GYN practice that says they handle high risk pregnancys usually large practices have one or two DR. for this. That OB-GYN can give you referral for Cardiac or if your insurance does not require a referral make appt yourself. Also, this same OB can order mammogram and do saline sonogram etc. These OB-gyn will support your deceision if you pass needed tests so do not worry.

mary
mary

November 19th, 2011, 4:55 pm #3

I just did a FET yesterday at Cooper with donated embryos. I am 52. Because of Coopers through testing I found out I have 2 mutations of MTHFR and 2 polops in my uterus last year that had to be repaired by surgery. I would not consider doing any of this without involveing my family Physician. She needs to know these things to keep me healthy enough to chase a toddler in the future. She has been very helpful in getting alot of these tests done and under my regular ins(not under my limited IF coverage)I have done all of my testing and monitoring here in Ohio and only made the trip to NJ for the transfer.Do you have a local RE? my local one did all of my testing and recomended a high risk OB for a consult. Cooper will not do your transfer without all of that checklist done. I recommend you keep a copy of everything for yourself in case something doesn't get faxed or gets lost in the mail. Cooper is a very large clinic and sometimes things get lost in the shuffle.You need to be patient with them and stay on top of everything.Good luck with your upcomeing transfer. If you have any more questions feel free to ask me.