Confused- why would my RE cut my estrogen dose 1 week before transfer?

Confused- why would my RE cut my estrogen dose 1 week before transfer?

Lu
Lu

February 6th, 2011, 8:39 pm #1

Hi ladies,

I went in for a lining check today and it was 7.7-7.8, which I was happy to see. I have had lining issues so my RE alotted extra time for it to grow. Now my donor is going to retrieval this tuesday and my dh took a message today from my clinic to cut my delestrogen injections in half!!!! They are closed now and of course I will talk to them tomorrow to see why, but in the meantime I thought I would see if any of you had this experience. Its not like my lining is so fabulous that we should cut it down, right? Just a bit worried, any experiences or explanations would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Lu

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 6th, 2011, 9:24 pm #2

My dr. did something similiar. My lining was ready way before it was time to transfer, so he cut me back from 4 patches to 2.

February 6th, 2011, 11:09 pm #3

I cut back to 4mg of estrace from 8mg today. Transfer is on Thursday.

mira
mira

February 6th, 2011, 11:10 pm #4

Hi ladies,

I went in for a lining check today and it was 7.7-7.8, which I was happy to see. I have had lining issues so my RE alotted extra time for it to grow. Now my donor is going to retrieval this tuesday and my dh took a message today from my clinic to cut my delestrogen injections in half!!!! They are closed now and of course I will talk to them tomorrow to see why, but in the meantime I thought I would see if any of you had this experience. Its not like my lining is so fabulous that we should cut it down, right? Just a bit worried, any experiences or explanations would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks, Lu
I am happy to hear liinig has been cooperating so far. Unfortunately, I don't know why he is cutting the dose, though. I'm just hoping he knws what he is doing. Let us know what they say tomorrow.
all the best

mira

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 6th, 2011, 11:53 pm #5

Hi ladies,

Thanks, Lu
gosh, I do remember in my research a published study on the relationship of very high E2 levels and implantation rates (sorry I don't remember where the study was done). It concluded that very high blood levels of E2 weren't so good :/ there was a decrease in implantation rate the higher E2 was (It was a regular IVF study not DE). The reason I remember the study was that it applied to me, I always had very high E2 levels (3000 or so) no matter if my lining was 8 or 12, and throwing more estrace at me only raised my blood level, did not thicken lining. My clinic decreases estrace dosage at the same time as starting progesterone. I wanted my blood level to be 1000 or less by the time of transfer. I then had the level tested during the 2ww and it was usually 400 or so.

mira
mira

February 7th, 2011, 12:35 am #6

Hi ladies,

Thanks, Lu
going to transfer with an 8mm linning? Couldn't they wait for a little more?

mira

Lu
Lu

February 7th, 2011, 1:28 am #7

I cut back to 4mg of estrace from 8mg today. Transfer is on Thursday.
Thanks ladies, I am glad to know this isn't totally out of the ordinary. But can you share with me how thick your lining was when they decided to cut back. I'm just worried that my lining isn't that great and we're going down. If it was like 10 or 11 I would understand that we have a little more room to play. Sorry about more questions, I am just feeling really nervous about this change.
Lu

Lu
Lu

February 7th, 2011, 1:33 am #8

gosh, I do remember in my research a published study on the relationship of very high E2 levels and implantation rates (sorry I don't remember where the study was done). It concluded that very high blood levels of E2 weren't so good :/ there was a decrease in implantation rate the higher E2 was (It was a regular IVF study not DE). The reason I remember the study was that it applied to me, I always had very high E2 levels (3000 or so) no matter if my lining was 8 or 12, and throwing more estrace at me only raised my blood level, did not thicken lining. My clinic decreases estrace dosage at the same time as starting progesterone. I wanted my blood level to be 1000 or less by the time of transfer. I then had the level tested during the 2ww and it was usually 400 or so.
But I am sooooo worried. Sorry, I sound like a broken record! I did read somewhere else as well about high e2 levels can be a con with implantation. I wish my lining was just thicker to begin with when decreasing the amount. I hope it doesn't shrink! Ugh!

Lu
Lu

February 7th, 2011, 1:37 am #9

going to transfer with an 8mm linning? Couldn't they wait for a little more?

mira
and that they even accept linings almost anywhere in the 7 range. I wish there was more time to grow, but my donor is going in for her retrieval on tuesday. I guess if my lining doesn't cooperate we may have to freeze:( (they didn't say that though, that's me thinking too negatively). I hope that he has a method to his madness, he must I'm sure. I'll let you know what they say tomorrow.
Lu

Kacee
Kacee

February 7th, 2011, 4:10 am #10

Hi ladies,

Thanks, Lu
If the lining is good, you stay at the same amount, if not...you increase. You do not go down.