Conflicted on how to proceed!

Conflicted on how to proceed!

Cee
Cee

September 4th, 2011, 1:14 am #1

Hi all, I've posted here only a few times before, but here's what I'm struggling with. I am finishing out this year with a few more cycles, just because I have a couple of vials of DS left (DH is azoospermic). After the first of the year I fully intend to move to DE.

I've consulted with my local clinic, their program is too expensive for me (I don't want to finance this). I've looked into the Czech Republic but that just seems like such a hassle! I love to travel but HATE the process. I'm a current patient with Cooper and inquired about their DE and DEmbryo program but haven't pulled the trigger on that yet. And I have a consult scheduled with CNY but really don't like what I've read about their FET rates. I know probably the easiest thing for us would be to do DEmbryo, but I like DE + DS for the idea of, what should I call it - customization? - LOL. Anyway, we have about $13,000 cash we could spend on this. Could we also add on our FSA? If so, we could do another $5k on top of that.

What would you do? Where would you go? Any advice is appreciated...
Quote
Share

Joined: March 25th, 2008, 8:46 pm

September 4th, 2011, 1:30 am #2

I'd keep exploring for now BUT I'd get on some lists around the country for donor embryo because you just might have a moment like I did when I KNEW I wanted a chance to be my kids' mommy. I do understand the appeal of DE+DS though for me donor embryo was a choice I was happier with in the end (I did a couple of egg vitrification trials prior but for the cost or lack thereof, I could hardly have refused) - especially once I saw my donors' profiles...it was like a match made in heaven. It can just take a while to get to the top spot so it's worth at least dipping your foot in the water while you explore other avenues. I'd probably consider RBA's egg bank very seriously if I decided the DE+DS path was the right one for me and I had $18000 to spend. I THINK Zlin is running around 10k now so would keep exploring that path too. I just wouldn't commit to either path yet, personally.

I had my success here:http://www.infertility-ivf.com/ and they have good stats for frozen donor cycles - close to 50%. Total cost including meds, travel, local monitoring etc was right at $8k for donor embryo (not that I am trying - much - to sway you! Just sharing my experience).

Hopefully you'll have a moment like I did one way or the other when you KNOW in your heart it's right.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: September 13th, 2008, 5:13 pm

September 4th, 2011, 3:14 am #3

Hi all, I've posted here only a few times before, but here's what I'm struggling with. I am finishing out this year with a few more cycles, just because I have a couple of vials of DS left (DH is azoospermic). After the first of the year I fully intend to move to DE.

I've consulted with my local clinic, their program is too expensive for me (I don't want to finance this). I've looked into the Czech Republic but that just seems like such a hassle! I love to travel but HATE the process. I'm a current patient with Cooper and inquired about their DE and DEmbryo program but haven't pulled the trigger on that yet. And I have a consult scheduled with CNY but really don't like what I've read about their FET rates. I know probably the easiest thing for us would be to do DEmbryo, but I like DE + DS for the idea of, what should I call it - customization? - LOL. Anyway, we have about $13,000 cash we could spend on this. Could we also add on our FSA? If so, we could do another $5k on top of that.

What would you do? Where would you go? Any advice is appreciated...
If my second Czech cycle had failed, I planned to do a full cycle at CNY. I didn't know about their lackluster FET success rates at the time, but I don't think that would have changed my mind. I am local to SG, but I didn't think I could deal with a split cycle, and theirs are 3-way (another thing I didn't know at the time). Rising airfares, rising clinic prices, and the restrictions on info given patients have made me less enthusiastic about cycling in CZ, not that I'm not extremely grateful for my twins. Take care, Maggie (in VA)
Quote
Like
Share

LadyMagoo
LadyMagoo

September 4th, 2011, 11:44 am #4

Hi all, I've posted here only a few times before, but here's what I'm struggling with. I am finishing out this year with a few more cycles, just because I have a couple of vials of DS left (DH is azoospermic). After the first of the year I fully intend to move to DE.

I've consulted with my local clinic, their program is too expensive for me (I don't want to finance this). I've looked into the Czech Republic but that just seems like such a hassle! I love to travel but HATE the process. I'm a current patient with Cooper and inquired about their DE and DEmbryo program but haven't pulled the trigger on that yet. And I have a consult scheduled with CNY but really don't like what I've read about their FET rates. I know probably the easiest thing for us would be to do DEmbryo, but I like DE + DS for the idea of, what should I call it - customization? - LOL. Anyway, we have about $13,000 cash we could spend on this. Could we also add on our FSA? If so, we could do another $5k on top of that.

What would you do? Where would you go? Any advice is appreciated...
to pay for expenses. I also saved every single receipt. Provided your medical expenses (including DE expenses) exceed 7.5%(I think) of your addjusted gross income, you can take a deduction.
Quote
Share

Cee
Cee

September 4th, 2011, 1:40 pm #5

If my second Czech cycle had failed, I planned to do a full cycle at CNY. I didn't know about their lackluster FET success rates at the time, but I don't think that would have changed my mind. I am local to SG, but I didn't think I could deal with a split cycle, and theirs are 3-way (another thing I didn't know at the time). Rising airfares, rising clinic prices, and the restrictions on info given patients have made me less enthusiastic about cycling in CZ, not that I'm not extremely grateful for my twins. Take care, Maggie (in VA)
I am confused by SG & determining what the actual cost would be. It appears the only way I could go there would be to do a non-guaranteed cycle that was split 3 ways. I'd probably want a guarantee if that's what we did, and don't think that's in our budget.
Quote
Share

Joined: August 17th, 2005, 11:44 pm

September 5th, 2011, 1:33 am #6

Hi all, I've posted here only a few times before, but here's what I'm struggling with. I am finishing out this year with a few more cycles, just because I have a couple of vials of DS left (DH is azoospermic). After the first of the year I fully intend to move to DE.

I've consulted with my local clinic, their program is too expensive for me (I don't want to finance this). I've looked into the Czech Republic but that just seems like such a hassle! I love to travel but HATE the process. I'm a current patient with Cooper and inquired about their DE and DEmbryo program but haven't pulled the trigger on that yet. And I have a consult scheduled with CNY but really don't like what I've read about their FET rates. I know probably the easiest thing for us would be to do DEmbryo, but I like DE + DS for the idea of, what should I call it - customization? - LOL. Anyway, we have about $13,000 cash we could spend on this. Could we also add on our FSA? If so, we could do another $5k on top of that.

What would you do? Where would you go? Any advice is appreciated...
that is a good producer. I have had success x5 there and traveled across the country to cycle.
Quote
Like
Share

Joined: March 25th, 2008, 8:46 pm

September 5th, 2011, 2:10 am #7

I'd keep exploring for now BUT I'd get on some lists around the country for donor embryo because you just might have a moment like I did when I KNEW I wanted a chance to be my kids' mommy. I do understand the appeal of DE+DS though for me donor embryo was a choice I was happier with in the end (I did a couple of egg vitrification trials prior but for the cost or lack thereof, I could hardly have refused) - especially once I saw my donors' profiles...it was like a match made in heaven. It can just take a while to get to the top spot so it's worth at least dipping your foot in the water while you explore other avenues. I'd probably consider RBA's egg bank very seriously if I decided the DE+DS path was the right one for me and I had $18000 to spend. I THINK Zlin is running around 10k now so would keep exploring that path too. I just wouldn't commit to either path yet, personally.

I had my success here:http://www.infertility-ivf.com/ and they have good stats for frozen donor cycles - close to 50%. Total cost including meds, travel, local monitoring etc was right at $8k for donor embryo (not that I am trying - much - to sway you! Just sharing my experience).

Hopefully you'll have a moment like I did one way or the other when you KNOW in your heart it's right.
Don't know if that is still true. But if you straddle years' end for your cycle assuming you still have the full 5k available this year, you can use both years - just make sure you get billed in both years (yes, shame on me, I did this - a "down payment" the prior year but I genuinely was in the early part of my cycle - the OCP part).
Quote
Like
Share

Cee
Cee

September 5th, 2011, 9:27 pm #8

I have pretty much gone through all my FSA for this year (only have about $150 left out of $5000) so nothing left there. My intent would be to start ASAP after the first of the year, so everything should be billed in 2012 (I would think anyway!).
Quote
Share

Joined: March 25th, 2008, 8:46 pm

September 6th, 2011, 12:43 am #9

in late 2011 in preparation and have a leg up on the New Year when you actually cycle?
Quote
Like
Share

Cee
Cee

September 6th, 2011, 1:07 am #10

What 'advantage' is and what OCP is? I will probably say 'duh' when you tell me but I can't think of what that is right now. Thank you so much BlessedThistle, I really appreciate the advice you're providing!
Quote
Share