CNY FET Success Rates- Too Low to take a chance?

CNY FET Success Rates- Too Low to take a chance?

December 30th, 2011, 11:10 pm #1

Hi ladies,

I'm coming out of lurk mode to ask a few questions about CNY as I am now looking into CNY. After several tries with my OE's, it's time to move on and I know that you ladies are a wealth of information as I have enjoyed reading this board for awhile now. Basically, I just saw on CNY's boards that their success rates for for fresh and FET were as follows:

2009 donor fresh 40.1%
2010 donor fresh 48.2%

2009 donor frozen 14.7%
2010 donor frozen 16.4%

I do understand that they just started using vitrification in I think 2009, but their FET success rates seems to be abysmal. CNY seemed to inidcate that eggs not vitrified were not in these stats which I guess would make sense if someone waited from 2008 ...or pre-vitrification to do a FET, but that alone can't possibly account for these low rates. Has anyone had success with a CNY FET? I am also considering RBA. The downside to RBA is that FET's are not included in the single DE cycle rate whereas the FET's at CNY are included. My dilemma is whether this low FET rate is indicative of a problem at the CNY lab and whether to just spend the extra money at RBA which has fantastic stats all the way around. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Last edited by DeeinNYC on December 30th, 2011, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 30th, 2011, 11:23 pm #2

I would consider Cooper in Marlton, NJ. The cost is less and the fresh stats are 10% higher.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

December 31st, 2011, 12:24 am #3

I am talking about RBA in Atlanta and based upon my research, Cooper cost more for a single cycle than RBA. It's only cheaper if you are doing a shared cycle. Also, I am looking into doing RBA's donor frozen egg program which has a success rate over the last reported 3 years of 68% and since it's inception..65%...higher than Cooper's stats and they have a guarantee that they will transfer two high quality embryos or you get a free cycle. Also...RBA's donor FET success rates are about 14% higher than Cooper's. I do know that Cooper's shared cycle costs are pretty good however.

December 31st, 2011, 12:31 am #4

believe Cooper does that. My one concern with a frozen egg cycle, is if you wanted genetic siblings. If that is not a concern, then frozen egg would be a good option for you. Does CNY do frozen egg cycles? I didn't think they did.

I have done shared cycles at Cooper and when I did, both recipients got pg. and had 7-12 frozen embryos. My shared cycle was around $10,000, not including meds and my out of town monitoring. My very first cycle was at one of Dr. Sher's clinics in Sacramento. That cycle was over $30,000 and no baby. I don't know what I was thinking.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

December 31st, 2011, 12:40 am #5

Hmmmn...maybe I need to also look into the shared cycles at Cooper. Thanks for giving me the idea to look into it. That is a good price...comparable to a full cyle at CNY. I am concerned about some of CNY's stats but the price is right. CNY does not do frozen eggs...no. I'm sorry you wasted money at one of Sher's clinics. I am a former SIRM patient..but in New York. BTW..I think they closed down that clinic in California...FWIW If I could afford it though..I would do DE with SIRM here but it's waaay too much money for me.

NOLA
NOLA

December 31st, 2011, 1:53 am #6

Hi ladies,

I'm coming out of lurk mode to ask a few questions about CNY as I am now looking into CNY. After several tries with my OE's, it's time to move on and I know that you ladies are a wealth of information as I have enjoyed reading this board for awhile now. Basically, I just saw on CNY's boards that their success rates for for fresh and FET were as follows:

2009 donor fresh 40.1%
2010 donor fresh 48.2%

2009 donor frozen 14.7%
2010 donor frozen 16.4%

I do understand that they just started using vitrification in I think 2009, but their FET success rates seems to be abysmal. CNY seemed to inidcate that eggs not vitrified were not in these stats which I guess would make sense if someone waited from 2008 ...or pre-vitrification to do a FET, but that alone can't possibly account for these low rates. Has anyone had success with a CNY FET? I am also considering RBA. The downside to RBA is that FET's are not included in the single DE cycle rate whereas the FET's at CNY are included. My dilemma is whether this low FET rate is indicative of a problem at the CNY lab and whether to just spend the extra money at RBA which has fantastic stats all the way around. Any thoughts? Thanks.
Her fresh cycle and first FET were BFN, but her second and final transfer was a BFP. I'm in the process of donating my remaining embies to another CNY patient. Hopefully she gets PG and that will be two people who have become PG with FET that I know of. If you are on a budget (like we were) then CNY is a great option. Sorry that you haven't found success with your OE, but hopefully DE will bring you your child(ren).

December 31st, 2011, 1:56 am #7

Hmmmn...maybe I need to also look into the shared cycles at Cooper. Thanks for giving me the idea to look into it. That is a good price...comparable to a full cyle at CNY. I am concerned about some of CNY's stats but the price is right. CNY does not do frozen eggs...no. I'm sorry you wasted money at one of Sher's clinics. I am a former SIRM patient..but in New York. BTW..I think they closed down that clinic in California...FWIW If I could afford it though..I would do DE with SIRM here but it's waaay too much money for me.
name, shortly after that. There were mistakes made in that cycle. It was a very expensive learning experience.

minniet
minniet

December 31st, 2011, 3:11 am #8

I don't know about other parts of Ca, but I know that my current RE used to practice at SIRM in LA. The reason they no longer are there, from what I can surmise, is that his partner died (in an accident, it was a big thing in the RI community), and then, the gossip is that Sher really started pushing to be more focused on profits than partnership.

Anyway, it's all a little unknown, but I do know the LA SIRM did not close because they had any operational problems.

My current RE has his own practice now in Orange County (Acacio) and is doing great statistically. I also am really impressed with their approach.

But that's totally diff from frozen eggs...

December 31st, 2011, 3:22 am #9

Hi ladies,

2009 donor fresh 40.1%
2010 donor fresh 48.2%

2009 donor frozen 14.7%
2010 donor frozen 16.4%

Our fresh cycle at CNY resulted in a chemical. I didn't have much hope for our FET given their stats, but we transferred 3 blasts and now have a beautidul 2 yr old DD. I believe our cycle might have been before they started vitrification. I did worry about CNYs stats, but decided that we would be able to afford two fresh cycles at CNY (if FETs from the first cycle did not work), as opposed to one 25K fresh cycle at our local clinic. We had a great experience at CNY, beautiful clinic, great staff, Dr. K was wonderful....
Hope this helps.
Emma

December 31st, 2011, 4:04 am #10

I don't know about other parts of Ca, but I know that my current RE used to practice at SIRM in LA. The reason they no longer are there, from what I can surmise, is that his partner died (in an accident, it was a big thing in the RI community), and then, the gossip is that Sher really started pushing to be more focused on profits than partnership.

Anyway, it's all a little unknown, but I do know the LA SIRM did not close because they had any operational problems.

My current RE has his own practice now in Orange County (Acacio) and is doing great statistically. I also am really impressed with their approach.

But that's totally diff from frozen eggs...
I was at the Sacramento clinic. He was doing a study involving acupuncture at the SIRM clinic he was working at. The Sacramento clinic was giving me a hard time about having the acupuncturist coming to the clinic. I told them I would just go to Dr. Acacio and it would not be a problem there, so they agreed to let me do what I wanted.