Chemical PG on first Donor try.....on to FET

Chemical PG on first Donor try.....on to FET

Chris
Chris

May 13th, 2011, 8:24 pm #1

Oh well, my gut was telling me the news was not going to be good. I was on everything to prevent an early mc. My beta was positive, but barely positive. No hope for this cycle.

Their only explanation was that these two embryos were not the ones that were genetically correct. Lucky me. We have three on ice.

At least I can have a bottle of wine tonight. I've already had my cry on the way home. I'm having an all out Pity Party right now! Not only does my body not want my eggs but it doesn't want a donor's either.

I went over everything with the nurse: My E2 and lining were excellent..DH sperm was very, very, good and I was on all the blood thinners...just bad luck.

Good luck to the rest of you!

Chris

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 13th, 2011, 8:48 pm #2

I had a chemical on my first DE cycle, and was pretty traumatized by it. It's just awful when you expect it to work!

Best wishes for a successful FET.

Ariadne
Ariadne

May 13th, 2011, 9:33 pm #3

Oh well, my gut was telling me the news was not going to be good. I was on everything to prevent an early mc. My beta was positive, but barely positive. No hope for this cycle.

Their only explanation was that these two embryos were not the ones that were genetically correct. Lucky me. We have three on ice.

At least I can have a bottle of wine tonight. I've already had my cry on the way home. I'm having an all out Pity Party right now! Not only does my body not want my eggs but it doesn't want a donor's either.

I went over everything with the nurse: My E2 and lining were excellent..DH sperm was very, very, good and I was on all the blood thinners...just bad luck.

Chris
I know what that is like & it's very hard. Best wishes for your FET. FWIW, my 2 successful cycles were both FETs.

K
K

May 13th, 2011, 9:44 pm #4

Chris
That will be you... (((((big hugs))))))

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

May 13th, 2011, 9:55 pm #5

Chris
Chemical pregnancies ----! Take care of yourself and allow yourself as much pity as is necessary to heal. One and a half weeks out from my chemical I still have my moments of tears but the tidal waves of grief are definitely a little more manageable each day. (((hugs)))

May 13th, 2011, 10:41 pm #6

Chris
I am so sorry. I didn't have a chemical but its heart wrenching for the first time not to work. We are built to have so much hope. And sometimes luck just does happen, believe me i have had both with OE and DE. Know you are not alone and the positive news is you have fets.

Chris
Chris

May 14th, 2011, 12:36 am #7

Chris
Since my numbers did go up (although still in the single digits) they are asking me to get a third beta on Monday to make sure I don't have an etopic. Are you kidding, me???? How do you get an etopic with IVF???? If you can, my body will find a way....

Signed

Insult to Injury

Lenebene
Lenebene

May 14th, 2011, 12:45 am #8

Chris
I'm so sorry!!! nt

Hope2009
Hope2009

May 14th, 2011, 1:16 am #9

Chris
and the two 5 day blasts were hatching and about to hatch...also our embryologist told us that they were rated 20/20...as good as they see at our clinic...my lining was great..a 10ts and we had a 90 percent fertilization rate so my DH's sperm with our DE's loved each other.

I couldn't understand either why we ended with a chemical...it just didn't make sense but the more I read I realized that what seemed to be perfect cycles sometimes ended this way.

The really good news is that our subsequent FET where we thawed 3 and transferred three...worked...as did our recent second FET last Fall. I couldn't undeerstand how embies rated even higher than our frozen didn't succeed and our FET's were sooo successful.

i did go on heparin with our 1st FET...and fragmin with our second..also our second FET was without lupron...just followed my natural cycle. I also upped my acupuncture and yoga practise to reduce stress with our FET's...my TCM Dr. kept telling me that this was a new day...meaning just b/c the fresh hadn't worked didn't mean that our subsequent cycle wouldn't...so now i'M A FIRM believer in FET's...I hope my experience gives you some hope.

Blessings from Hope

Dawn_2
Dawn_2

May 14th, 2011, 12:50 pm #10

Chris
I'm so sorry n/t