cell recovery after thaw - FET

cell recovery after thaw - FET

July 16th, 2012, 4:41 am #1

I'm wondering if anyone has any information on the relation of cell recovery rate after thaw to live birth rate in a FET. I can't find any information on this online except a general statement that a higher rate is better. For example, if you thaw 3 embryos (blasts) - all great quality - and there is a 60-70 percent cell recovery for each blast - is this a bad sign that they are not going to take? My first FET with my OE, the lab had an excellent cell recovery rate - 100 percent for two blasts and 85- 90 percent for the other two. That FET didn't work. For my DE cycle, the new clinic I'm using had a lower cell recovery rate (60-70 percent for two blasts) and I'm concerned that may have contributed to the BFN, but I'm not sure. I know you want to look at the embryos to see how they are continuing to grow after thaw before transfer and that tells something about their health. Thanks!

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 16th, 2012, 1:14 pm #2

I do not have any stats, just experience.

We thawed a 9-cell that was frozen two years prior on day 3. It reduced down to 7-cell. I am now 11 weeks pregnant.
RE said this FET had a 40% chance of working. It did.

The embryo came from an original batch of embryos that gave us twins.

I really think you just never know.

Sorry about your bfn. Better luck next round!