Catching up on some thank you's and other notes

Catching up on some thank you's and other notes

May 23rd, 2012, 10:42 pm #1

I hardly ever have time to turn my computer on, much less get on the board, so I must apologize for all that I have missed since the birth of our dd.

I can't explain how deep my love for this little girl is. I love our ds, like crazy (which is the favorite phrase that we share), but I think because we had him with no effort, I had a false sense of security about our ability to get pregnant again. Then after a year of trying on our, we finally got that dreaded diagnosis...secondary IF.

So on top of trying to conceive ourselves for 1 year, then going through the disappointment of that 1st cycle and negative beta, we wondered if our ds would ever have a sibling.

Then I got pregnant on our 2nd cycle and it was hard to relax and i never felt that carefree feeling that I had with our ds. I just did not know if a baby would actually result from the pregnancy.

So here we are 7 weeks into life with our daughter, and I am the most tired that I have been in my life, trying to balance the needs of an infant and her 4 year old ds (yes, he recently celebrated his birthday - proud mama moment , and I have never been happier in my life!!!

A few days ago as I watched my son playing on the playground and laughing, and I was nursing my daughter and listening to her quietly breathe, I was overcome with emotion.

I feel so blessed and honored to be the mother of these 2 beautiful children, and I wondered what my dh and I could possibly have done to deserve such precious gifts. Then I realized we had done nothing. We were gifted these children through grace and mercy, and for that I will be eternally grateful.

I also owe a great debt of thanks to all of you ladies who have been here to share our journey. I hope we are all living out (or soon to be living out) the dream that we had when we started on this road. One million thanks, hugs and kisses, my cyber sisters!

Last edited by Veesha on May 23rd, 2012, 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 24th, 2012, 3:13 am #2

That was a beautiful post and so happy to read how you and your family are doing.
I miss your great advice and I know you will be back as soon as you adjust more to your schedule.
Enjoy every moment!!

May 24th, 2012, 3:41 am #3

I hardly ever have time to turn my computer on, much less get on the board, so I must apologize for all that I have missed since the birth of our dd.

I can't explain how deep my love for this little girl is. I love our ds, like crazy (which is the favorite phrase that we share), but I think because we had him with no effort, I had a false sense of security about our ability to get pregnant again. Then after a year of trying on our, we finally got that dreaded diagnosis...secondary IF.

So on top of trying to conceive ourselves for 1 year, then going through the disappointment of that 1st cycle and negative beta, we wondered if our ds would ever have a sibling.

Then I got pregnant on our 2nd cycle and it was hard to relax and i never felt that carefree feeling that I had with our ds. I just did not know if a baby would actually result from the pregnancy.

So here we are 7 weeks into life with our daughter, and I am the most tired that I have been in my life, trying to balance the needs of an infant and her 4 year old ds (yes, he recently celebrated his birthday - proud mama moment , and I have never been happier in my life!!!

A few days ago as I watched my son playing on the playground and laughing, and I was nursing my daughter and listening to her quietly breathe, I was overcome with emotion.

I feel so blessed and honored to be the mother of these 2 beautiful children, and I wondered what my dh and I could possibly have done to deserve such precious gifts. Then I realized we had done nothing. We were gifted these children through grace and mercy, and for that I will be eternally grateful.

I also owe a great debt of thanks to all of you ladies who have been here to share our journey. I hope we are all living out (or soon to be living out) the dream that we had when we started on this road. One million thanks, hugs and kisses, my cyber sisters!

Thanks for the update, Veesha! Glad everything is going so well.

May 24th, 2012, 3:52 am #4

Aren't we lucky to live in these times so we got to have these children?

May 24th, 2012, 3:24 pm #5

It is hard to believe our little ones are almost two months old now! The past two months have just flown by. I totally understand just staring at them in amazement they are finally here.

It sounds like you have such a wonderful family and I can just picture you all at the playground Enjoy your time with them and I hope you can squeeze in some more time to post and keep us updated.

May 24th, 2012, 9:36 pm #6

It seems like yesterday you were posting on the yellow board starting your journey. I am so happy for you and your family. I call the early days survival mode. I was exhausted with one, I cannot imagine adding a 4 year old in the mix too. We are so thankful to have these options to have our family. Hope that you continue to be part of the pink board and please give updates.

Many hugs and kisses to your lil ones from a cyber sister.

May 24th, 2012, 11:25 pm #7

That was a beautiful post and so happy to read how you and your family are doing.
I miss your great advice and I know you will be back as soon as you adjust more to your schedule.
Enjoy every moment!!
Thanks for your hello!

My wee one is sleeping in my arm so it was a choice of washing my hair or getting on the page for a moment (no contest).

I hope you are well and that you and your dd are riding in style and especially in comfort in her carseat (I probably missed it if you posted once she graduated from your lap to the carseat)!

May 24th, 2012, 11:27 pm #8

Thanks for the update, Veesha! Glad everything is going so well.

Thanks for popping in to say hello! I know you can relate having had a bundle not too long ago. Isn't motherhood such a joy?!

May 24th, 2012, 11:32 pm #9

Aren't we lucky to live in these times so we got to have these children?
I just wish I were gutsy enough to encourage to speak openly to other distressed and hopeful parents about how this option can reap such joy! Being no tell until our daughter is of age I have let some friends know, without disclosing our decision, that there is assistance out there and that their OB can lead them to it.

May 24th, 2012, 11:40 pm #10

It is hard to believe our little ones are almost two months old now! The past two months have just flown by. I totally understand just staring at them in amazement they are finally here.

It sounds like you have such a wonderful family and I can just picture you all at the playground Enjoy your time with them and I hope you can squeeze in some more time to post and keep us updated.

(you already have).

Since our due dates were just days apart, I think about you and you little boy often and wonder how you're faring and what exciting times the 2 of you (and your dd and dh) are having. So how is it going?

Right after your ds was born I remember reading your beautiful posts and thinking jut how much in love you sounded.

All of our kids in this community growing up together...I love it!

Since I am not on here often, I don't know if bbhoover ever posted. Did you ever see an announcement from her?