Cancelled by Cornell today :(

Cancelled by Cornell today :(

SMRC
SMRC

September 6th, 2011, 12:17 am #1

I am new to this board (having moved over from the over 40 board while pursuing DE at Cornell) and have posted just a few times, about some other issues my DH were facing other than high FSH, such as high frag and an adhesion.

After working through those issues, we were set for the donor's retrieval today on a shared cycle, and en route for my DH to do his "business", we got a call that we were cancelled because there were not enough eggs to share (we were in second position).

Our donor was unproven, but we liked her traits very much, so took our chances, just didn't think we would get cancelled at the 11th and 1/2th hour. After crying on the street corner outside the Cornell building for 30 minutes (!), I got my act together (sort of).

Just wondering how common cancellations really are and what follow-up questions I should be asking of Cornell. Just also needed to share my crummy news somewhere. It was a bad day to say the least.

Thanks.

SMRC

September 6th, 2011, 12:28 am #2

Hope you can get the answers you need to proceed. Give yourself time to recover from this set back. LMD

September 6th, 2011, 12:32 am #3

I am new to this board (having moved over from the over 40 board while pursuing DE at Cornell) and have posted just a few times, about some other issues my DH were facing other than high FSH, such as high frag and an adhesion.

After working through those issues, we were set for the donor's retrieval today on a shared cycle, and en route for my DH to do his "business", we got a call that we were cancelled because there were not enough eggs to share (we were in second position).

Our donor was unproven, but we liked her traits very much, so took our chances, just didn't think we would get cancelled at the 11th and 1/2th hour. After crying on the street corner outside the Cornell building for 30 minutes (!), I got my act together (sort of).

Just wondering how common cancellations really are and what follow-up questions I should be asking of Cornell. Just also needed to share my crummy news somewhere. It was a bad day to say the least.

Thanks.

SMRC
what if she'd had exactly enough for a split? I don't know how few that is but I have seen some really nail-biting cycles here from women who only got five eggs in a split (some good outcomes, some less than good). I am so so sorry though. I have not been in your position but I have been in the "I'm sorry honey, none of them made it to transfer" position and it's not a fun one either. Remember the broken road though and have faith your child (children?) is waiting for you. I am so sorry.

Last edited by Blessed_Thistle on September 6th, 2011, 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

September 6th, 2011, 12:42 am #4

Thanks.

SMRC
...to be so close and then be cancelled. It is beyond frustrating. I recently had an FET cancelled on CD 15 when I was scheduled to start PIO for transfer on CD 19 b/c labwork indicated I ovulated. How does Cornell assign primary and secondary recipients? Will this cancellation put you in a spot to be primary on the next try? Take care of yourself. ((hugs))

Cee
Cee

September 6th, 2011, 1:08 am #5

Thanks.

SMRC
I can't offer you any advice but you're in my thoughts...

September 6th, 2011, 1:13 am #6

Thanks.

SMRC
SMRC, i hope you read my post. if not and you have any questions, please do a shout out to me and i will email you.

sending you my best and i'm so sorry you have to deal with this.
Last edited by BabyCotton on September 6th, 2011, 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PAH
PAH

September 6th, 2011, 1:48 am #7

Thanks.

SMRC
My cycle got cancelled due to insufficient eggs. I went down to our pond, collapsed on the grass and cried until I couldn't cry anymore. I was down at that same pond today nursing twins while we fished. Keep the faith, but hugs for a tough day.

PAH
PAH

September 6th, 2011, 1:48 am #8

Thanks.

SMRC
My cycle got cancelled due to insufficient eggs. I went down to our pond, collapsed on the grass and cried until I couldn't cry anymore. I was down at that same pond today nursing twins while we fished. Keep the faith, but hugs for a tough day.

September 6th, 2011, 4:28 am #9

Thanks.

SMRC
I am angry for you and I don't know why???? oh honey. what happens now?

September 6th, 2011, 1:57 pm #10

Thanks.

SMRC
No advice to offer (new here from the over 40 board myself) but wanted to send you a cyber hug. As if it wasn't enough to have IF issues, to have this on top is just not fair....

Thinking of you

Al