can I ask you ladies an odd question about FETs & genetic testing? (OE baby/embies ment.)

can I ask you ladies an odd question about FETs & genetic testing? (OE baby/embies ment.)

Jamie
Jamie

February 8th, 2012, 5:13 am #1

Hi all,
I thought I'd drop in here from the over 40 board because you have such amazing collective knowledge. I hope it is okay to do so because I really need advice.

Here's my deal--had OE daughter at age 39 through IVF (after going through a lot of crap because of high FSH the previous three years with REs). Was fortunate enough to have two vitrified blasts from her cycle; these blasts made it to blast at day 6.

First question--is it possible to thaw and refreeze blasts? Also, have any of you had comprehensive chromosome screening (CCS or similar) done with blasts? Wondering if it is feasible to thaw these embryos, perform it on them, and then refreeze.

I know there's a lot of knowledge here about FET and hoping for some about chromosome screening as well.

Thanks SO very much!

E&H
E&H

February 8th, 2012, 10:14 am #2

And transfer on day 6. I haven't heard of screening done day 6 and transfer day 7 but suppose you could refreeze and hope they survive. Alternatively yyou could do FET transfer and do cvs at 10 weeks.

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 8th, 2012, 11:46 am #3

Hi all,
I thought I'd drop in here from the over 40 board because you have such amazing collective knowledge. I hope it is okay to do so because I really need advice.

Here's my deal--had OE daughter at age 39 through IVF (after going through a lot of crap because of high FSH the previous three years with REs). Was fortunate enough to have two vitrified blasts from her cycle; these blasts made it to blast at day 6.

First question--is it possible to thaw and refreeze blasts? Also, have any of you had comprehensive chromosome screening (CCS or similar) done with blasts? Wondering if it is feasible to thaw these embryos, perform it on them, and then refreeze.

I know there's a lot of knowledge here about FET and hoping for some about chromosome screening as well.

Thanks SO very much!
Thaw, gather cells, refreeze waiting for results 2 weeks later. A poster here "Wilson" had this done for a FET there with success.

Jamie
Jamie

February 8th, 2012, 12:52 pm #4

Hi all,

Thanks SO very much!
This is the info I needed. Didn't know if thaw, test, freeze was possible or if the test had to be done with fresh embies. We're not comfortable with CVS so want to screen in advance of transfer. Thanks again!