can I appeal for advice and support one more time?

can I appeal for advice and support one more time?

December 9th, 2010, 6:04 pm #1

I'm sorry I feel like I keep writing here. It's just I don't know who else to ask.

I completely don't know what to do at this point. I am in a time sensitive situation. I just found out that if my cycle doesn't start in the right time frame, I might have to skip a cycle because of a work situation.

If I don't cycle soon, the doctor's won't let me cycle because the eggs are in a time sensitive situation. But if I cycle late, what if I lose my job?

The question is: Should I take birth control pill pack to regulate my cycle and end it a couple days early?

The nurse did not answer my email asking her. It's hard to call because they hate for you to call them. They really dislike it and also they don't call you back. I think they are super busy.

I like the people there so I figure there must be some reason they don't call back or like phone calls. The nurse I work with takes many weeks off so maybe she is taking another week off? But the other nurses do not like to call me back when she is not there.

I have to decide NOW. I am not getting an email in response.

I feel like a terrible person making this decision without consulting the doctor. The nurses really misunderstand me as someone who is acting like 'I have this busy life--can't you schedule around me?' but it isn't quite like that. I have to clear out two whole weeks and I really try to make sure it will be a low stress thing so I don't blame myself. My husband just started a new job, plane tickets vary so much in price--I did have to figure out the timeline. Anyway, I asked them a lot about the time frame parameters so I could understand it, not because I am some kind of jet setter high powered career woman who can't take a moment from my busy schedule.

Will it hurt me to take the birth control pill? Will it hurt my cycle? I am crying as I write this.
I feel stuck between so many rocks and hard places. What do I do? Do I lose my job? Do I go bankrupt? I had to turn down a job that I desperately needed in the month of January JUST IN CASE my cycle starts but I can't do that for the entire Spring. I can barely afford any of this to begin with and now I am losing an entire month of income. But I am afraid to piss off the doctor's office so they won't work with me anymore.

I wish it were just about my body not working right. There's that and everything else on top of it.

Will taking birth control pill pack for 21 days and then stopping damage me and damage my cycle? Will the doctor get pissed off?

December 9th, 2010, 6:09 pm #2

But I really feel that it would be a good idea if you could postpone cycling for a very short time while you regrouped and checked out some of the tests I mentioned below (especially Thyroid issues).

I understand your desire to move quickly, but if there are issues that need to be dealt with that possibly affect your ability to get pg. then it would be so sad to go ahead and possibly fail or m/c if you didn't need to.

I know this is so difficult, but please think about this?

Best,
Daisy
xx

ks
ks

December 9th, 2010, 6:15 pm #3

I'm sorry I feel like I keep writing here. It's just I don't know who else to ask.

I completely don't know what to do at this point. I am in a time sensitive situation. I just found out that if my cycle doesn't start in the right time frame, I might have to skip a cycle because of a work situation.

If I don't cycle soon, the doctor's won't let me cycle because the eggs are in a time sensitive situation. But if I cycle late, what if I lose my job?

The question is: Should I take birth control pill pack to regulate my cycle and end it a couple days early?

The nurse did not answer my email asking her. It's hard to call because they hate for you to call them. They really dislike it and also they don't call you back. I think they are super busy.

I like the people there so I figure there must be some reason they don't call back or like phone calls. The nurse I work with takes many weeks off so maybe she is taking another week off? But the other nurses do not like to call me back when she is not there.

I feel like a terrible person making this decision without consulting the doctor. The nurses really misunderstand me as someone who is acting like 'I have this busy life--can't you schedule around me?' but it isn't quite like that. I have to clear out two whole weeks and I really try to make sure it will be a low stress thing so I don't blame myself. My husband just started a new job, plane tickets vary so much in price--I did have to figure out the timeline. Anyway, I asked them a lot about the time frame parameters so I could understand it, not because I am some kind of jet setter high powered career woman who can't take a moment from my busy schedule.

Will it hurt me to take the birth control pill? Will it hurt my cycle? I am crying as I write this.
I feel stuck between so many rocks and hard places. What do I do? Do I lose my job? Do I go bankrupt? I had to turn down a job that I desperately needed in the month of January JUST IN CASE my cycle starts but I can't do that for the entire Spring. I can barely afford any of this to begin with and now I am losing an entire month of income. But I am afraid to piss off the doctor's office so they won't work with me anymore.

I wish it were just about my body not working right. There's that and everything else on top of it.

Will taking birth control pill pack for 21 days and then stopping damage me and damage my cycle? Will the doctor get pissed off?
I agree with Daisy. The testing is really important to avoid further heart ache. Howver if you are determined to move forward I would do the bcp's prior to synch yourself up in the timeframe you wanted. Good luck I know this is a really hard decision for you.

ks

WorldTraveler
WorldTraveler

December 9th, 2010, 6:30 pm #4

If the nurses are so unresponsive, is there any way you could ask the doctor directly? Does he have an email you could send the question to? My doctors regularly prescribe bcp to get my cycle where we want it to fall but I would be wary about doing it without the doctor's approval.

December 9th, 2010, 6:44 pm #5

But I really feel that it would be a good idea if you could postpone cycling for a very short time while you regrouped and checked out some of the tests I mentioned below (especially Thyroid issues).

I understand your desire to move quickly, but if there are issues that need to be dealt with that possibly affect your ability to get pg. then it would be so sad to go ahead and possibly fail or m/c if you didn't need to.

I know this is so difficult, but please think about this?

Best,
Daisy
xx
I've had all the thyroid tests.

I was prescribed levoxythorine.

All my thyroid levels are normal. They've always been normal. I just make the antibodies.

And actually, when I did have the mcs it was when I had just started on the levoxythyrine.

Taking the levoxythyrine is supposed to really reduce any miscarriage risk for people who have the antibodies. All my doctors have known about it and they said this was the only treatment for that particular issue.

However, I did take a steroid this last cycle to suppress immunity.

I've just always wondered about the other things...But really the best explanation for me is the aging of my ovaries and also that the period where I might have gotten pregnant after the miscarriages was just a bad period in my life and I didn't do enough to try to get pregnant.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I really do feel confident that it would not make sense for me to get a huge number of really expensive tests just on the worry that my infertility was caused by immune issues--simply because there is so much of a better explanation with my age.

I guess I have brought immune issues up with 3 REs and they all said they did not think it was a problem.

I've always worried about it though just because it has happened to so many people on these boards.

But since I am taking baby aspirin for clotting and a steroid and levoxythyrine and at least as far as I knew there weren't any really good proven methods for other things I thought I might be OK anyway?

Is there a regular standard doctor who will test for you? I always am concerned because it only seems like there are these two clinics in all of the US who do the tests. Or at least that's the way it seemed. If I could just go to a doctor and get the tests as part of a medical procedure and have insurance pay that's one thing. But I am worried about putting out lots of money on something that is based on pure supposition. Like, I really have NO evidence.
Last edited by arive on December 9th, 2010, 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

December 9th, 2010, 6:53 pm #6

If the nurses are so unresponsive, is there any way you could ask the doctor directly? Does he have an email you could send the question to? My doctors regularly prescribe bcp to get my cycle where we want it to fall but I would be wary about doing it without the doctor's approval.
At this clinic, you don't communicate with the doctor directly. He has an email but the nurses read it. This is one thing they got mad at me for. A nurse emailed me something and I asked a question and mailed it to the doctor's email by accident--but anyway, they have emails so I think we are supposed to go through them.

When you wanted to get your cycle to fall on a certain place did you just stop the pills on that day? Were you able to do a transfer that cycle?

Anyway, I guess I will chicken out.

I think this is honestly it anyway. I think I have to give up on getting these eggs. I'm really sad. Some of it is the hormonal shift but it's a big loss not even to get a shot.

I don't think I'm going to get these cycles.

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 9th, 2010, 6:55 pm #7

It is unacceptable to not get a response in a reasonable time frame, but first you have to make sure they really got the message. My clinic never gets e-mails, calls and faxes are more effective. They have designated callback times. Stop worrying that they don't like you, that doesn't matter.

After your period shows up from this last cycle, they will probably let you start BCPs since you want to go right into a cycle. They may want monitoring bloodwork on CD2. As far as timing a bleed, yes it is normal to cut the active pills short a few days to make a withdrawal bleed show up sooner (or continue active pills to delay a bleed).

Rachel Schofer
Rachel Schofer

December 9th, 2010, 6:57 pm #8

At this clinic, you don't communicate with the doctor directly. He has an email but the nurses read it. This is one thing they got mad at me for. A nurse emailed me something and I asked a question and mailed it to the doctor's email by accident--but anyway, they have emails so I think we are supposed to go through them.

When you wanted to get your cycle to fall on a certain place did you just stop the pills on that day? Were you able to do a transfer that cycle?

Anyway, I guess I will chicken out.

I think this is honestly it anyway. I think I have to give up on getting these eggs. I'm really sad. Some of it is the hormonal shift but it's a big loss not even to get a shot.

I don't think I'm going to get these cycles.
I don't remember exactly how we did it. That's one of the reasons I would only do it under the doctor's instructions.

December 9th, 2010, 6:59 pm #9

I agree with Daisy. The testing is really important to avoid further heart ache. Howver if you are determined to move forward I would do the bcp's prior to synch yourself up in the timeframe you wanted. Good luck I know this is a really hard decision for you.

ks
Can you give me some advice.

Should I really get every one of those tests?

This is what I wonder. I have had two miscarriages with my own eggs.

Then the embryos failed to implant. But my cycle was strange because I had ovulated and this may have affected the timing of the implantation. So it is hard to know what that means.

I have anti-thyroid antibodies and I take levoxythyrine for that. But my thyroid levels are all very stable and quite good, actually. I think it has always been at 1.

Somehow the levox is really good for preventing miscarriages from ATAs.

I stopped eating all wheat or anything containing gluten just in case that makes the issue worse. I avoid all soy.

There are so many tests there of things that would be rare and unlikely for me to have. And I don't have very much money. And I've asked 3 different REs and they said they don't think I would have these issues.

Is it really bad for me not to do the tests.

December 9th, 2010, 7:05 pm #10

I've had all the thyroid tests.

I was prescribed levoxythorine.

All my thyroid levels are normal. They've always been normal. I just make the antibodies.

And actually, when I did have the mcs it was when I had just started on the levoxythyrine.

Taking the levoxythyrine is supposed to really reduce any miscarriage risk for people who have the antibodies. All my doctors have known about it and they said this was the only treatment for that particular issue.

However, I did take a steroid this last cycle to suppress immunity.

I've just always wondered about the other things...But really the best explanation for me is the aging of my ovaries and also that the period where I might have gotten pregnant after the miscarriages was just a bad period in my life and I didn't do enough to try to get pregnant.

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I really do feel confident that it would not make sense for me to get a huge number of really expensive tests just on the worry that my infertility was caused by immune issues--simply because there is so much of a better explanation with my age.

I guess I have brought immune issues up with 3 REs and they all said they did not think it was a problem.

I've always worried about it though just because it has happened to so many people on these boards.

But since I am taking baby aspirin for clotting and a steroid and levoxythyrine and at least as far as I knew there weren't any really good proven methods for other things I thought I might be OK anyway?

Is there a regular standard doctor who will test for you? I always am concerned because it only seems like there are these two clinics in all of the US who do the tests. Or at least that's the way it seemed. If I could just go to a doctor and get the tests as part of a medical procedure and have insurance pay that's one thing. But I am worried about putting out lots of money on something that is based on pure supposition. Like, I really have NO evidence.
karyotypes and infection tests for you. You wouldn't have to see a specialist in immunes unless you wanted to go to the next level of testing.

Many, many doctors and REs can run basic clotting, uterine, autoimmune, infection panels for you. They are common tests.

I would definitely investigate continuing with the steroids for antithyroid abs - start taking at start of cycle. Same with lovenox if it is thought necessary.

I would also perhaps add something like Metanx/folgard 2.2. starting now if you can, just for something else that can be done.

Daisy
x
Last edited by loochieuk on December 9th, 2010, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.