bloodwork results= Negative fo NK cells and negative for DQ Alpha

bloodwork results= Negative fo NK cells and negative for DQ Alpha

July 12th, 2012, 5:58 pm #1

Our DQ Alpha for me 101, 105 and for DH is 105,105. So I don't understand no match but I am grateful. My RE who did not order the NK cells and DQ alpha test (I used another RE since mine does not do thi testing) agreed to put me on lovenox just in case due to my significant history of losses. So what do ya'll think? I start my cycle next wk for my FET. TIA, FB

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

July 12th, 2012, 6:32 pm #2

GOOD LUCK!!!!

Rooting for you that the Lovenox is the missing link and you have a little one in arms in 40 weeks!

(sorry - no knowledge on DQ Alpha)

smrc
smrc

July 12th, 2012, 8:51 pm #3

Our DQ Alpha for me 101, 105 and for DH is 105,105. So I don't understand no match but I am grateful. My RE who did not order the NK cells and DQ alpha test (I used another RE since mine does not do thi testing) agreed to put me on lovenox just in case due to my significant history of losses. So what do ya'll think? I start my cycle next wk for my FET. TIA, FB
The lovenox can't hurt and must make you feel better to be proactive. Keep us posted. SMRC

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

July 13th, 2012, 12:39 am #4

That is great news!! I would just double check if in fact you and your DH are a partial match because that is what it looks like to me. Maybe you can ask on the Yahoo Reproductive Immunology group. However, I am no expert on these matches. I do know that some Dr.'s will say that even of there is a partial match, if you do not have elevated NK cells, then treatment is not necessary.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

July 13th, 2012, 2:56 am #5

If I am reading Dr. Sher's blog correctly, and it's possible that I may not be, you have a 100% match. I just would hate for you to get the wrong infirmation given that you've had the testing done. This is what I found on Sher's blog:

"It is important to understand that DQa matching refers to a (genotypic) match between the male and female partnersrather than a match between sperm and egg. An immature sperm contains 23 pairs of chromosomesfor a total of 46. With maturation division (following meiosis), the immature sperm divides into two mature sperm each of which comprises 23 chromosomes [including only one (1) DQa gene]. Upon fertilization of the egg by such a sperm this single DQa gene is incorporated into the embryos genotype. .If that DQa gene matches either of the mothers two (2) DQas, then the potential for NK call activation will arise. It follows that if only one (1) of the husbands two (2) DQa genes matches either one (1) of the mothers DQa genes, the potential for the resulting embryo to propagate an embryo that containing a DQa gene that matches the recipient will be 50%. On the other hand, if both the husbands DQa genes are the same as any one of the mothers two DQas, (or if the mother and father both identical DQas genotypes), then 100% of the embryos will match and the propensity to activate uterine NK cells will be markedly increased."

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

July 13th, 2012, 3:13 am #6

I got the results via email and I did not ask for an explanation other than that I do not have a DQ Match. I wondered b/c of the 105 match. I can call for a phone consult to have him explain as he is very attentive to returning my calls and emails. However, I just do not think I am smart enough to understand. I know this is crazy to say but it is so complicated for me and I am in the medical profession w/ a high level degree. Ugh.

Thanks Dee.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

July 13th, 2012, 3:32 am #7

Well, he should know but something is not right here. At the very least this seems like a clear partial match and after reading what Sher said, it sure sounds like a 100% match. I have heard that Saleh is very good at responding to questions via e-mail. I might try that if I were you instead of a consult first. This stuff is very complicated. I still don't fully understand Beer's book after reading it several times!!! The only thing that I can think of is that there is some discussion in the immune world as to the importance at all of DQ-Alpha testing. Some want to see the HLA matches too. Perhaps he spared you the long story of it all and just told you what he did because of this or because your NK levels were normal. Maybe I have it wrong. I just think this is very odd. This is why I said to ask the ladies in the Yahoo group. They WILL know what the deal is. In any case, just know that NK cells can be activated very fiercely in pregnancy so if you do have a match, you may need to deal with this with more than Lovenox. Ask for intralipids at the very least. Good luck on your cycle!!!

Hbelle
Hbelle

July 13th, 2012, 8:07 am #8

interfere with pregnancy? I think I remember this from way back when I looked into immune testing. It's kind of like a vaccination if I remember right and is negative before first preg and pos after à successful preg. Ask on the pink board or another immune board to find out for sure but you definately have a partial match with your hubby.
Good luck to you!
Heather

July 13th, 2012, 4:29 pm #9

Well, he should know but something is not right here. At the very least this seems like a clear partial match and after reading what Sher said, it sure sounds like a 100% match. I have heard that Saleh is very good at responding to questions via e-mail. I might try that if I were you instead of a consult first. This stuff is very complicated. I still don't fully understand Beer's book after reading it several times!!! The only thing that I can think of is that there is some discussion in the immune world as to the importance at all of DQ-Alpha testing. Some want to see the HLA matches too. Perhaps he spared you the long story of it all and just told you what he did because of this or because your NK levels were normal. Maybe I have it wrong. I just think this is very odd. This is why I said to ask the ladies in the Yahoo group. They WILL know what the deal is. In any case, just know that NK cells can be activated very fiercely in pregnancy so if you do have a match, you may need to deal with this with more than Lovenox. Ask for intralipids at the very least. Good luck on your cycle!!!
what is the yahoo group website? (n/t)

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

July 13th, 2012, 4:57 pm #10