Beta went down from 18 to 16

Beta went down from 18 to 16

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 9th, 2011, 9:55 pm #1

I had my first beta on Saturday, which was 13 days later of day 3 embies. It came back 18. I was told to be on the meds and to come back into two days. so, today I went back. The result came back 16. It went down. I don't feel nothing. The nurse left me a message saying it doesn't sound good however to conitinue ...What do you think? I failed 3 DE cycles. This one I transfered alot. My two previous one I transfered 4 embies. WHAT DO I DO?
I want to reflect on the past cycles and what to do for my next one. Please help.

Chris
Chris

May 9th, 2011, 10:33 pm #2

I wish I could hug you. Was this your only positive cycle?

Having a positive no matter how short it is is ALWAYS a good sign? What does your RE say about multiple failed DE cycles? Have you ruled out all other issues such as sperm and uterine lining, etc? I am on Lovonox for mild clotting issues and my RE put me on it just to "take that issue off the table". I go in for beta this week. Would your RE feel like surrogacy might give you a better chance? Were these all from the same donor?

I feel so bad. It is so unfair.

Hugs

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 9th, 2011, 10:53 pm #3

this is the first +beta I have seen it. All donors were different. Two from the same clinic and one from my previous clinic. I think I have reasons for the first two. Like the first one was split cycle and both the receipient we didn't get pg. The second one was crappy eggs and even the doctor said not to keep my hope up. I don't know what to do? I really want to be pg and if that doesn't happen I don't know about my future.

K
K

May 10th, 2011, 12:50 am #4

I wish I could hug you. Was this your only positive cycle?

Having a positive no matter how short it is is ALWAYS a good sign? What does your RE say about multiple failed DE cycles? Have you ruled out all other issues such as sperm and uterine lining, etc? I am on Lovonox for mild clotting issues and my RE put me on it just to "take that issue off the table". I go in for beta this week. Would your RE feel like surrogacy might give you a better chance? Were these all from the same donor?

I feel so bad. It is so unfair.

Hugs
I'm so sorry!!! I agree with Chris. Have they looked into everything? (( hugs)) nt

Brenda
Brenda

May 10th, 2011, 1:01 am #5

I had my first beta on Saturday, which was 13 days later of day 3 embies. It came back 18. I was told to be on the meds and to come back into two days. so, today I went back. The result came back 16. It went down. I don't feel nothing. The nurse left me a message saying it doesn't sound good however to conitinue ...What do you think? I failed 3 DE cycles. This one I transfered alot. My two previous one I transfered 4 embies. WHAT DO I DO?
I want to reflect on the past cycles and what to do for my next one. Please help.
Have you had all the tests done? I feel so bad for you. Cyber hug ok?

May 10th, 2011, 2:40 am #6

you will have a better idea.

May 10th, 2011, 7:55 am #7

I KNOW how hard this is. I've been through it. Almost to the letter.

You wrote 'We transferred a lot.' Does that mean the embryos were poor quality? I'm assuming, since they transferred 4 the other times, that that's always been the case. I don't believe it's just bad luck this many times.

We were in the same situation 2 1/2 years ago.

What we did: We decided to change anything we could. That meant immune testing, upping the amount of prednisone to 15 mg every morning, taking over-the-counter colostrum (on the recommendation of my RI), adding a shot of Granocyte 2 hours before transfer and 24 hours after, fish oil, 5 mg folic acid per day plus otc B6 and B12 to help absorbtion, testing progesterone every 2-3 days (it turned out to be VERY low, so I had to take 3 kinds to get my levels up --- something that infuriated me because they'd never tested it before until beta) so we could adjust meds if necessary, and donor sperm on half of the eggs, just in case. (The donor sperm was AGAINST our RE's recommendation. He felt it wasn't necessary. We felt we HAD TO change as much as we could. We still don't know today for sure which sperm resulted in our DD.)

There is such a thing as sperm DNA fragmentation testing, BUT... Sperm isn't proven until it's proven. The sperm can 'pass' the test and still not work.

I think this is the time to be very proactive. Google, ask around, consult another RE, everything you can do.

I would not consider surrogacy yet.

Wishing you comfort.

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 10th, 2011, 11:23 am #8

Have you had all the tests done? I feel so bad for you. Cyber hug ok?
I do so many blood test and I was told I am fine. However, this cycle I was on Dexamethasone and Lovenox, baby aspirin as usual.
What do I do?

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 10th, 2011, 11:24 am #9

you will have a better idea.
but it is so hard.
Thanks

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 10th, 2011, 11:32 am #10

I KNOW how hard this is. I've been through it. Almost to the letter.

You wrote 'We transferred a lot.' Does that mean the embryos were poor quality? I'm assuming, since they transferred 4 the other times, that that's always been the case. I don't believe it's just bad luck this many times.

We were in the same situation 2 1/2 years ago.

What we did: We decided to change anything we could. That meant immune testing, upping the amount of prednisone to 15 mg every morning, taking over-the-counter colostrum (on the recommendation of my RI), adding a shot of Granocyte 2 hours before transfer and 24 hours after, fish oil, 5 mg folic acid per day plus otc B6 and B12 to help absorbtion, testing progesterone every 2-3 days (it turned out to be VERY low, so I had to take 3 kinds to get my levels up --- something that infuriated me because they'd never tested it before until beta) so we could adjust meds if necessary, and donor sperm on half of the eggs, just in case. (The donor sperm was AGAINST our RE's recommendation. He felt it wasn't necessary. We felt we HAD TO change as much as we could. We still don't know today for sure which sperm resulted in our DD.)

There is such a thing as sperm DNA fragmentation testing, BUT... Sperm isn't proven until it's proven. The sperm can 'pass' the test and still not work.

I think this is the time to be very proactive. Google, ask around, consult another RE, everything you can do.

I would not consider surrogacy yet.

Wishing you comfort.
I don't want to hear the S work. It scares me. I am stil young and if I couldn't use my own eggs I hope the de will work for me so that at least I can nuture them inside me. So important for me. My Dh had boardline D fragmentation long time ago. I was told he is ok but I need icsi. Since then he was on vitamins that I learned over 40 board. I think he is still on it. DH is far away from me, his sperm I was told was great.
The other thing, the RE didn't take it a second when he put back those embroyos and he said i don't need to be full bladder. Did he put it wrong place?

I don't know what to make of out it?What to do? I am just laying on bed?
I will update you.
Thanks