Beta today (x-post)

Beta today (x-post)

August 12th, 2011, 5:12 pm #1

So who else goes in for a beta soon?

I am cautiously optimistic...got a VERY faint but still visible positive line on an HPT today. (This test says it is sensitive to 25 mg.)Plus I have had vicious morning sickness for 4 days. Took zofran this am and have kept all my food down. I have lost 7 pounds in 12 days and my Dr. said ZOFRAN!right now. I could really afford to lose 60 pounds but the morning sickness diet is not the way to go, believe me.

So now I wait for the first beta results this afternoon and then Monday wait to see if they rise again and then I will wait for a heartbeat on the ultrasound and then wait to miscarry...it seems we are never out of the woods in terms of worry and fear. Sometimes I wish I was a 24 year old who got spontaneously pregnant, ignorant of these milestones and statistics, and could just be happy in being (maybe) pregnant instead of the old overeducated superstitious freak that I am. I am 9dp5dt today and hopeful.

So please let us all keep a good though for everybody in the 2ww and that our betas rise.

Zaytune
Zaytune

August 12th, 2011, 6:12 pm #2

Hoping for a strong beta for you .My second beta is today ,first was 366 , keeping fingers crossed for good doubling.

August 12th, 2011, 7:29 pm #3

I am cautiously optimistic...got a VERY faint but still visible positive line on an HPT today. (This test says it is sensitive to 25 mg.)Plus I have had vicious morning sickness for 4 days. Took zofran this am and have kept all my food down. I have lost 7 pounds in 12 days and my Dr. said ZOFRAN!right now. I could really afford to lose 60 pounds but the morning sickness diet is not the way to go, believe me.

So now I wait for the first beta results this afternoon and then Monday wait to see if they rise again and then I will wait for a heartbeat on the ultrasound and then wait to miscarry...it seems we are never out of the woods in terms of worry and fear. Sometimes I wish I was a 24 year old who got spontaneously pregnant, ignorant of these milestones and statistics, and could just be happy in being (maybe) pregnant instead of the old overeducated superstitious freak that I am. I am 9dp5dt today and hopeful.

So please let us all keep a good though for everybody in the 2ww and that our betas rise.
lots of prayers your way....I agree with you about the constant worry through each milestone.

August 12th, 2011, 9:17 pm #4

and seems congratulations are in order already, a line is a line. And that morning sickness must be a great sign too.
Very best of luck with the beta's.
Aoife

August 12th, 2011, 9:33 pm #5

Beta is 236. I cannot stop smiling and I cannot stop these tears either. Oh my!!! Next beta on Monday...

August 12th, 2011, 9:50 pm #6

Great news! I love seeing the success stories here. Hope to be welcoming you over to the pink board soon!

BBG
BBG

August 12th, 2011, 9:54 pm #7

Beta is 236. I cannot stop smiling and I cannot stop these tears either. Oh my!!! Next beta on Monday...
Congrats, Aufrecht! Hope the next 9 months are easy and uneventful for you.

August 12th, 2011, 11:36 pm #8

i'm so happy for you

Anon7
Anon7

August 13th, 2011, 12:33 am #9

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!! n/t

ks
ks

August 13th, 2011, 1:04 am #10

Congratulations! Super doubling thoughts for you over the weekend!!! . So happy for you!

All my best!

ks