Beta rose and other stressors.. Ugh

February 5th, 2014, 6:26 pm #1

I'm so over all this. I started bleeding on Saturday and it's down to just spotting. I was told to get another beta after bleeding. I went yesterday. It took an act of Congress to get the results from Quest so they just came in today. 372... Umm, what? It was 116 on 1/28 and I stopped drugs that day. Waiting for instructions...I don't want a D&C or methotrexate. I just want it to go away!!! To make matters worse, I found a breast lump last week and have to get that checked out on Friday because I'm high risk (brca1. +). I assume its just hormonal but I've never felt one before. I'm not sure how much more I can take.

thesameboat
thesameboat

February 5th, 2014, 6:29 pm #2

I am so very sorry it has gone so hard for you. I sincerely hope your next news will be better and this will be over for you soon.

Best of luck on Friday.

February 5th, 2014, 6:41 pm #3

I'm so over all this. I started bleeding on Saturday and it's down to just spotting. I was told to get another beta after bleeding. I went yesterday. It took an act of Congress to get the results from Quest so they just came in today. 372... Umm, what? It was 116 on 1/28 and I stopped drugs that day. Waiting for instructions...I don't want a D&C or methotrexate. I just want it to go away!!! To make matters worse, I found a breast lump last week and have to get that checked out on Friday because I'm high risk (brca1. +). I assume its just hormonal but I've never felt one before. I'm not sure how much more I can take.
Sorry - my beta rose after bleeding as well and I ended up with D&C. How about misoprostal?
Sorry about the breast lump too - when it rains, it pours

February 5th, 2014, 7:14 pm #4

RE wants an u/s to rule out ectopic. It seems silly to me with such a low beta. I thought you couldn't see anything under 1000? I can get one tomorrow morning... The fun never stops..
Last edited by Mrs.McIrish on February 5th, 2014, 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

February 5th, 2014, 7:41 pm #5

This rollercoaster ride is so unfair. I hope you will have answers and some closure soon. Sorry about the lump too, bad timing. Thinking of you. Take care.

February 5th, 2014, 9:32 pm #6

RE wants an u/s to rule out ectopic. It seems silly to me with such a low beta. I thought you couldn't see anything under 1000? I can get one tomorrow morning... The fun never stops..
I am so very sorry you are dealing with this. Really awful.

I think your RE may be looking for a bump in the tubes. Mine was visible before 5 weeks with a beta similar to yours as a bulge in my right tube, but it requires an ultrasound at a radiology center. My beta dipped and then began to rise. The size of the mass in my tube exceeded the max size for methotrexate, so I had to have surgery.

So yes, it could be ectopic and if it is, it could be visible in a tube, even this early. I really hope that's not it. You shouldn't have to deal with this too.

Regarding the lump-- I used to get these lumps that would appear in my LP (high e2 / p4) and then disappear when I got my period. I have a strong family history of BC (neg for brca), so my OBGYN made me get one biopsied. Fibroadenoma (benign). It is very likely hormonal, but certainly worth checking out.

Many hugs to you,

Sophie

Last edited by sophie6 on February 5th, 2014, 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Violet
Violet

February 5th, 2014, 10:24 pm #7

Geez!
I am deeply sorry the beta is not going down. You must be so frustrated. I would be. Just a reminder and more appts, etc.

Also, about the lump. I think it could be hormone related as well however good to get it checked. Please let us know.

I think you know that my DH has a Stage IV cancer so I completely get when it rains it pours thing. I am sorry for you having to have a lot on your plate as I would not wish that on anyone knowing the feeling. Please do something nice for yourself as much as you are able...even a walk, some chocolate or a glass of wine have really helped me.

Just hang on, Mrs. M. You will be to the other side of this one day.
Thinking of you
Violet

February 5th, 2014, 11:22 pm #8

Mrs M I'm so sorry this is happening for you. I have no wise words, just hugs.
HG

February 6th, 2014, 3:05 am #9

I totally feel you on the climbing beta when it should be all over. It's miserable to have it dragged out. I hope for you that it comes down on its own and there is nothing else happening. I'm just so sorry. As if it's not already a nightmare to lose it...

I'll be keeping you in my t&ps with all this- especially the lump. I honestly cannot believe this is happening to you now. Try not to go to the dark side and stick with it being hormones. It's just too much stress right now. Take care. ((hugs))

February 6th, 2014, 10:10 pm #10

I had an u/s this morning and of course nothing could be seen anywhere. But the beta rose again to 515. I just spoke to the RE and we're going to wait and see--repeat beta on Monday. If any serious pain over the weekend, go to the ER...