Beta question...

Beta question...

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 18th, 2011, 6:13 pm #1

I've been a lurker on here for about 2 years, and have gone through 3 cycles in the past 6 months (whew!) I got my first BFP on Monday with a beta of 1200 on 14dp5dt. Betabase is down, so I'm hoping one of you ladies could give me some insight. Today, my beta was 3900 16dp5dt. I know these numbers are great, but we transferred 2 excellent blasts so I'm a little concerned about twins at this point My nurse won't give me any clues and said to wait until the ultrasound in a few weeks, but can anyone give me any guidance on these numbers? Thanks!!

Brenda
Brenda

May 18th, 2011, 6:45 pm #2

would be that you have twins, I'd put my money on it!! My beta was 298, then second beta was over 1000...we will see how many on Fri. Good luck. why you dont want twins?

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 18th, 2011, 6:50 pm #3

In theory, twins sound awesome! I think it's the reality that's scaring me-- the increased risk to all of our healths, the cost, the logistics. I'll be over-joyed if there's two in there, I just wish I didn't have to wait another 2 weeks to find out!

Kacee
Kacee

May 18th, 2011, 7:22 pm #4

I've been a lurker on here for about 2 years, and have gone through 3 cycles in the past 6 months (whew!) I got my first BFP on Monday with a beta of 1200 on 14dp5dt. Betabase is down, so I'm hoping one of you ladies could give me some insight. Today, my beta was 3900 16dp5dt. I know these numbers are great, but we transferred 2 excellent blasts so I'm a little concerned about twins at this point My nurse won't give me any clues and said to wait until the ultrasound in a few weeks, but can anyone give me any guidance on these numbers? Thanks!!
blasts, twins are a huge possibility. One woman recently put back two blasts and got two sets of identical twins.

May 18th, 2011, 8:06 pm #5

It's an old betabase snapshot:

http://replay.web.archive.org/200902092 ... base.info/
Last edited by Blessed_Thistle on May 18th, 2011, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Leigh888
Leigh888

May 18th, 2011, 8:56 pm #6

Yes, beta base has been down for days. If you google it and then hit "cache", you can still see the charts. You are definitely in line with multiples.

May 18th, 2011, 10:27 pm #7

I have never had a beta done on 19 dpo, but my number with twins was over 1500 on 18 dpo. I had a singleton before that one and the number was 487 on 16 dpo, so it would have been around 1200+ on 19 dpo. Hopefully it turns out whichever way you want it. If it is twins, wrapping your head around the idea isn't too difficult.

May 18th, 2011, 10:57 pm #8

I transferred 2 perfect blasts. At 14dp5dt my beta was 2137. So, I was freaking a little thinking it could be twins. However, I was pregnant with one bean. Which for us was what we wanted.

Congrats.

Dee.S
Dee.S

May 18th, 2011, 11:16 pm #9

No ifs ands and butts to it. I say twins are on board easily! My twin beta was like 800 14dp3dt. Don't be concerned twins are a wonderful gift just wonderful and this is from a mom who already had a 2yr old at home when I got the news. 2 good blasts can often mean twins, I am so excited for you congradulatios on the good news mom!

May 19th, 2011, 2:32 am #10

My beta at 15 dp5dt was 6694 mIU/ml for my twin pregnancy. I know how sobering that realization that you're having twins is (if your U/S confirms). What you want is a happy, healthy pregnancy like those pictures in the magazines at your OB/GYN's office, and now you're wondering if it's going to be bed rest, pre-eclampsia, NICU, maybe early labor and no babies at the end. But, you know, I carried my guys to 37.5 weeks, I was never on bed rest, the babies went straight to the well baby nursery, and I was 48 at the time. You read more about the problem twin pregnancies on these boards and in the media, b/c as the cops say, there's nothing to see here when pregnancy is healthy, LOL.

And while twins are hard, there are advantages. If 2 kids are your goal, you can say good-bye to your fertility clinic, and I must say, that is one of the nicest feelings in the world. Going for a sibling can be a huge deal financially and emotionally once you have one child. I really hope you have a singleton, b/c I think you'll enjoy your pregnancy and baby experience more with one, but you'll probably be OK if it is twins. GL! Maggie (in VA)