Beta (Negative mentioned)

Beta (Negative mentioned)

Violet
Violet

May 19th, 2012, 5:05 pm #1

Hi,
Well, after three days of nausea where I was convinced I was pregnant, I have a chemical beta at 6. I have to stay on the meds until they test again on Tuesday. The nurse said they need to get to a 0.

I have had some immune testing after OE miscarriages. DH and I have to go through our file to look at everything tomorrow when we regroup.

I am not sure what happened. It has been stressful with my DH having a major surgery this week and we're feeling pretty maxed out. I did my best to rest at night.

As you can see, I am trying not to blame myself but it's hard.

I'm also concerned about Dh's DNA Frag however it did come back at 19% before the retrieval and we used PICSI so that should have helped things along. Our RE felt the 19% was in the range of good although the chart shows it as good/fair.

Is there a thread that recommends all testing that would be helpful? We are reading on Dr. Beer's site to see what's important however I don't want to miss anything when we have our appt. with RE this week.

We are sick of this.
Thanks for everything.
Violet

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

May 19th, 2012, 8:28 pm #2

I have not done any of the testing beyond the basic beyond testing but I'm sure some of the knowledgeable ladies on the board will chime in. Please do not blame yourself, so much of this process is out of our control. Take care of yourself. It sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Do you have frozen embryos left?

May 20th, 2012, 12:15 am #3

Hi,
Well, after three days of nausea where I was convinced I was pregnant, I have a chemical beta at 6. I have to stay on the meds until they test again on Tuesday. The nurse said they need to get to a 0.

I have had some immune testing after OE miscarriages. DH and I have to go through our file to look at everything tomorrow when we regroup.

I am not sure what happened. It has been stressful with my DH having a major surgery this week and we're feeling pretty maxed out. I did my best to rest at night.

I'm also concerned about Dh's DNA Frag however it did come back at 19% before the retrieval and we used PICSI so that should have helped things along. Our RE felt the 19% was in the range of good although the chart shows it as good/fair.

Is there a thread that recommends all testing that would be helpful? We are reading on Dr. Beer's site to see what's important however I don't want to miss anything when we have our appt. with RE this week.

We are sick of this.
Thanks for everything.
Violet
I was hoping to see good news (((()))))

Bharani
Bharani

May 20th, 2012, 1:03 am #4

Hi,

We are sick of this.
Thanks for everything.
Violet
Did you do the AEB treatment? I don't know if the reading of the dna fragmentation is different, but above 30% is where it is bad. My dh is 27% and the comment is written is "fair fertility potential". I don't know just wanted to share the reading I have and it's comment. I am sorry, I know how horrible feeling this IF treatment can bring.

May 20th, 2012, 1:12 am #5

Hi,

We are sick of this.
Thanks for everything.
Violet
Please don't be hard on yourself. I'm certain that this was out of your control. Best of luck with the regroup with your RE tomorrow.

Antonialisa
Antonialisa

May 20th, 2012, 1:30 am #6

Hi,

We are sick of this.
Thanks for everything.
Violet
Just to say I can't imagine how disappointing it must be. So sorry you are going through this.

May 20th, 2012, 11:39 am #7

Hi,

We are sick of this.
Thanks for everything.
Violet
It appears we had a similar outcome in our cycles. Which su ks for us both.

I too have been on the Beers site but right now I really just need a break from the stress of it all.

I hope you feel better soon.

Violet
Violet

May 20th, 2012, 1:45 pm #8

I feel so defeated by everything right now. I am sorry you are in the same boat however I think you did not have your beta yet so there could be hope for you yet.

We have had quite a 2012 with our home being burglarized, my niece being diagnosed with cancer, DH's melanoma and dealing with DE.

Part of me feels like giving up and crawling in a hole. I hope I can make it through all of this without losing it.
Violet

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

May 20th, 2012, 5:59 pm #9

Hi,

We are sick of this.
Thanks for everything.
Violet
I am sorry that this cycle did not work out. For sure check out Beers site. There is a listing of tests that should be done. I would also start reading the "Reproductive Immunology" group on Yahoo if you have not already done so. Be kind to yourself in the coming days.

Ariadne
Ariadne

May 20th, 2012, 6:34 pm #10

Hi,

We are sick of this.
Thanks for everything.
Violet
I'm so very sorry. I've been there & it's devastating.

I'm also sorry you are on the RI road. It's very difficult & demoralizing. FWIW, I'm as sure as I can be that I wouldn't have had success without the Beer Center. I finally went there after 3 DE cycles failures. It's a hard, frustrating, overwhelming journey, but it can be well worth it. I wish you success in the future & I hope things get easier. What a difficult hand you've been dealt. Sometimes we have to take it one day at a time. Looking ahead any further can be too much. One step at a time & try to hang in there. Hugs to you.