bedrest after transfer - yes or no?

bedrest after transfer - yes or no?

Dee
Dee

November 3rd, 2011, 1:32 am #1

I always lay down for one hour following an embryo transfer, but should I go home and lay in bed the rest of the day? I've not had success doing this.

Also, take baby aspirin, and what else?

My transfer is next week.

November 3rd, 2011, 2:57 am #2

On our 1st cycle, I had 2 days of bed rest (accidentally picked up almost 3 year old child on day 2). Returned to routine on day 3 (I'm a SAHM so our 3 year old and I spend a lot of time on the go...library, museum, playground, child classes).

I ate pineapple core for several days prior to transfer, then ran out the day before, and had none until several days after the transfer. sThat cycle ended up with a BFN. Now I must mention that our embryos were not very good looking and as such we went with a 3 day transfer, because the clinic did not feel we'd have anything to transfer on day 5. We put in 2 embryos that time around.

During 2nd cycle, I had 2 days of bed rest (although on the 2nd day I travelled in the van about 1-hour-and-a-half. I was concerned about that, but it was unavoidable. I ate pineapple core started several days prior to transfer, through transfer and until the beta (again, I know it's supposed to help with implantation, but I was afraid to stop eating it :0)

One thing that I did not do for the 1 cycle that I did for our 2nd was that my dh and I had intercourse the night before. I had read about the benefit of semen to implantation. I took this question to the pink board, because I did not want to do anything that would jeopardize the transfer. All but 1 of those who responded thought that intercourse the night before was a fine idea. Many of the ladies even said that they had done the same and had positive results (now again, this was just in the group that responded to the question. Also there were some people who were unable to have intercourse the night prior, for various reasons and some of them had positive results anyway). I was just trying anything that was pretty low level and basic to see if it would make a difference.

Again, all or none of this might have worked for us. The other point I should make is that we ended up with 2 great blasts, so that was a whole different story from what we had to transfer the 1st time around. We transferred a virtually perfect blast and the other was put on ice. I really don't know the rhyme or reason when it comes to implantation.

I hope some other ladies will weigh in with their suggestions.

I wish you the best with our transfer and your beta! Keep us posted!

E&H
E&H

November 3rd, 2011, 3:12 am #3

I always lay down for one hour following an embryo transfer, but should I go home and lay in bed the rest of the day? I've not had success doing this.

I didn't do bed rest but most of the patients here do 4 days of staying pottering around the house. Eat lots of pineapple, take progesterone and estrogen on time every day (without fail).

November 3rd, 2011, 5:07 am #4

My clinic made me rest for two hours after transfer and then for days afterwards. It was the only positive I ever got. I used to be made rest here in Australia but as the cycles continued we were told to get right up afterwards if we wished. Well don't do this. You rest. No hard in resting.
Good luck!!! best, THK

Daisy
Daisy

November 3rd, 2011, 9:51 am #5

monitoring of a doctor as it is a powerful drug. It is normally used if you have autoimmuine isses like APS for example and some clotting disorders.

Many people take it on the basis that it can't harm. However, you need to have advice on when to start it as there is some controversy about this with many doctors advising you only start on bfp if you have not already been diagnosed with a clotting or autoimmune disorder.

Best,
Daisy

Daisy
Daisy

November 3rd, 2011, 9:55 am #6

don't take aspirin - I wanted to edit the post to say this but can't. All I was trying to say was to perhaps double check when to start it etc. with doc.

Sorry if I have confused or worried.

Best,
Daisy
xx

November 3rd, 2011, 3:48 pm #7

and took it easy after that, but no more bedrest.

Fish oil, prenatal vitamins are a must. Consult your doctor about aspirin.

Dee
Dee

November 4th, 2011, 3:32 am #8

monitoring of a doctor as it is a powerful drug. It is normally used if you have autoimmuine isses like APS for example and some clotting disorders.

Many people take it on the basis that it can't harm. However, you need to have advice on when to start it as there is some controversy about this with many doctors advising you only start on bfp if you have not already been diagnosed with a clotting or autoimmune disorder.

Best,
Daisy
I have a blood clotting issue that is very mild / borderline.

November 4th, 2011, 1:01 pm #9

then aspirin is relevant in addition to Lovenox. You need question whether you need Lovenox and/or aspirin for this cycle as aspirin may not be enough to treat even a borderline clotting disorder.

Daisy
x

Dee
Dee

November 10th, 2011, 10:04 am #10

I was tested for anti phospholipid antibodies so that must be it. They said its borderline. This RE told me to take baby aspirin.