Bad news :(

Bad news :(

Maggie
Maggie

November 27th, 2011, 10:35 pm #1

Well, 10 weeks in and I have had a miscarriage. The RE was pretty surprised due to the fact that my betas were all very strong, the heartbeat was good. Everything was looking great and despite all that it still ended. Sometimes it just seems no matter what we do we just can't win. For some reason it almost feels worse with DE. All my testing ( other than fsh ) has come back normal so now the doc suspects something with DH...it's just never-ending...how do you get thru this???

November 27th, 2011, 10:42 pm #2

this is truly heartbreaking and i know what you mean that it feels even worse because its DE. my heart is aching for you as i know once you see the heartbeat you feel like its really real. be good to yourself and take time to grieve. you are in my prayers LMD

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 27th, 2011, 11:16 pm #3

Well, 10 weeks in and I have had a miscarriage. The RE was pretty surprised due to the fact that my betas were all very strong, the heartbeat was good. Everything was looking great and despite all that it still ended. Sometimes it just seems no matter what we do we just can't win. For some reason it almost feels worse with DE. All my testing ( other than fsh ) has come back normal so now the doc suspects something with DH...it's just never-ending...how do you get thru this???
What a terrible loss so far in the first trimester. As hard as it is right now, I hope they are able to do chromosome testing on the baby. It takes a few weeks to get results but at least you will know if the problem was chromosomal or something else.

November 27th, 2011, 11:49 pm #4

I don't remember your history so don't know how to advise. But yes, I would leave no stone unturned at this point in terms of testing before cycling again. And sometimes, as we all all know, even young eggs and "perfect" embryos don't make it for reasons we don't understand. I'm very sorry. Most of us here have experienced m/c and it's very sad and painful.

November 27th, 2011, 11:51 pm #5

been tested for Sperm DNA Fragmentation, that might be a start. The fragmentation doesn't stop implantation, but can prevent a pg. from making it past 20 weeks. Have you been tested for immune issues and blood clotting disorders? Hugs to you, K
Last edited by Kacee56 on November 28th, 2011, 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

CrazyLady
CrazyLady

November 27th, 2011, 11:59 pm #6

Great advice above.

I've been there too many times myself, and I am so sorry for what you're going through right now.

It always helped me to name my babies... and do a little something ceremonial for closure.

Be kind to yourself and let us know how you're doing.

(((Big HUGS)))

Anonymous
Anonymous

November 28th, 2011, 12:36 am #7

I'm so sorry honey! This is such a hard thing to have to go through, especially with DE. It's supposed to just work with DE. Many of us on here though have experienced these loss' and carried on to have healthy, normal pregnancies. Be good to yourself and your DH right now. I'll be thinking of you.
((hugs))

ks

November 28th, 2011, 12:49 am #8

Sorry forgot to login! NT

November 28th, 2011, 1:04 am #9

A loss with DE is far worse to accept and cope with than a loss with own eggs. I am so sorry for your loss. DE is supposed to work, especially when we actually get pregnant. Its just not fair. Big hugs.

For what its worth, just wanted to tell you that there are many losses at around 8 to 10 weeks, it is normally due to a chromosome abnormality and just because you used a young donor doesn't mean that the eggs are all normal. When we do CGH on young donor eggs around 40 per cent of those healthy looking embryos have a chromosome abnormality. If they were transferred without CGH many people would get pregnant but the heart beat will stop around 8 to 10 weeks - natures way. It may not be your DH at all, just bloody bad luck that the embryo implanted and was not normal. I hope you have some embryos for an FET, one good thing is that you know that the receptors in your uterus are good and that you can definitely get pregnant.

Big hugs to you and dh,, both of you must be devastated. ((()))

November 28th, 2011, 1:31 am #10

There are so many wise voices here, b/c so many women here have gone through so much. They can counsel you much better than I. But I do want to send a {{hug}} and wish you better luck, whatever your next steps may be. Take care, Maggie (in VA)