Back on this board - update

Back on this board - update

SMRC
SMRC

December 13th, 2011, 11:48 pm #1

First of all, I wanted to thank you all for the answers I got to my prior posts on this board about the uterine adhesions I had, my DH's poor frag and our cancelled DE cycle at Cornell this past Sept (geez, collectively that all sounds quite depressing )

I since put my DH on Kacee's "magic cocktail" (posted athttp://www.network54.com/Forum/57451/me ... success%29) and also on Clomid per Dr. Check's advice

I had my adhesion operated on in Sept at Cornell and all is now "clear"

And we were re-matched in late October with ER today and fertilization report tomorrow. We did a non-shared cycle to avoid any potential of cancellation and because of my DH's frag issues.

So on pins and needles until that fert report tomorrow - Cornell gives very little information about numbers etc, which I hate (and don't think I could go through again), except to say all is going fine and there were at least 7 large follicles in the running - will give another update tomorrow.

SMRC

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

December 14th, 2011, 12:31 am #2

Keep us posted.

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

December 14th, 2011, 4:43 am #3

First of all, I wanted to thank you all for the answers I got to my prior posts on this board about the uterine adhesions I had, my DH's poor frag and our cancelled DE cycle at Cornell this past Sept (geez, collectively that all sounds quite depressing )

I since put my DH on Kacee's "magic cocktail" (posted athttp://www.network54.com/Forum/57451/me ... success%29) and also on Clomid per Dr. Check's advice

And we were re-matched in late October with ER today and fertilization report tomorrow. We did a non-shared cycle to avoid any potential of cancellation and because of my DH's frag issues.

So on pins and needles until that fert report tomorrow - Cornell gives very little information about numbers etc, which I hate (and don't think I could go through again), except to say all is going fine and there were at least 7 large follicles in the running - will give another update tomorrow.

SMRC
I just posted earlier today to futurebeauty "OMG OMG OMG" and I have to say the same here to you!

How exciting! Nervewracking I'm sure but exciting nevertheless!!!

Wishing you all the best!!

December 14th, 2011, 3:05 pm #4

SMRC
i know, cornell doesn't give a lot of info. but their lab is the best so hang in there! i'm looking forward to your update!

SMRC
SMRC

December 14th, 2011, 4:39 pm #5

SMRC
I have NEVER had a positive call on fert report day with my OE. Usually no fert.

Today - 19 eggs retrieved, 15 mature, 13 fertilized!!!! I nearly fell of my chair. I felt like I was going to throw up all morning from worry.

What a relief.

Thanks for your encouragement above.

Will try to provide further updates.

With my DH's extremely poor frag, wonder if Kacee's magic cocktail is THAT good?! Or is ICSI just always the answer?

SMRC

SMRC
SMRC

December 14th, 2011, 4:45 pm #6

get full information from Cornell today re #of eggs retrieved, etc.- just looks like they make you wait for it

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

December 14th, 2011, 6:37 pm #7

I have NEVER had a positive call on fert report day with my OE. Usually no fert.

Today - 19 eggs retrieved, 15 mature, 13 fertilized!!!! I nearly fell of my chair. I felt like I was going to throw up all morning from worry.

What a relief.

With my DH's extremely poor frag, wonder if Kacee's magic cocktail is THAT good?! Or is ICSI just always the answer?

SMRC
OMG! Your last post said 7 large follies in the running but this update is CRAZY!! You must have been wanting to swing that phone around like a lasso!!! That is so fantastic!

Whatever worked (cocktail or ICSI) it sounds like it was worth finding out about DH's frag issues even if it meant receiving that tank!! LOL!!

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

December 15th, 2011, 1:20 am #8

What a relief.

SMRC
to transfer 1 or 2 and then freeze the rest just in case. Your numbers look great. Who knew lucky #13!!!

Please keep us posted w/ your progress.

futurebeauty

SMRC
SMRC

December 16th, 2011, 12:33 pm #9

OMG! Your last post said 7 large follies in the running but this update is CRAZY!! You must have been wanting to swing that phone around like a lasso!!! That is so fantastic!

Whatever worked (cocktail or ICSI) it sounds like it was worth finding out about DH's frag issues even if it meant receiving that tank!! LOL!!
I LOL'd myself remembering the SCSA tank arriving at my office. ( I just gave our office mail room person a small thank you present for receiving all my IF-related personal deliveries (and keeping it all to himself!)). I'm still so surprised at how far we have gotten this cycle, but I have also been told all along that bad sperm frag does not necessarily affect fertilization, but rather embryo development. In other words, it's really a DNA issue. So we find out today when we will transfer and how things are progressing - and I have reason to be equally nervous today!! SMRC

SMRC
SMRC

December 16th, 2011, 12:35 pm #10

to transfer 1 or 2 and then freeze the rest just in case. Your numbers look great. Who knew lucky #13!!!

Please keep us posted w/ your progress.

futurebeauty
we get a further report today on whether it will be a 3 day (today) or 5 day (Sun) transfer and equally nervous as bad fragmentation (which my DH has) is really supposed to negatively affect embryo development (versus initial fertilization). Will post a further update and thanks for your encouragement!