Back from transfer

Back from transfer

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

December 13th, 2011, 12:01 am #1

We transferred 2 8 cell blasts and we have 4 left over that were not quite blasts yet. I will find out tomorrow how many will make it to be a frostie. I am really hoping that this cycle works well for us. I need to buy some pineapple.

I totally forgot to ask what grade the blasts were today. So I will ask the nurse tomorrow when I call to check on my other embryos.

My clinic wants me to be on bedrest until Thurs afternoon. I am taking tomorrow off and then on Wed, I thought I would go out w/ my assistant and perform some client re evals without lifting or touching the children but just doing the computer work w/ of course my pillow under my computer. What do yall think??? The studies do not show that it is necessary for bedrest but I want to comply w/ their rules to the best of my abilities.

I can always tell my assistant that Wed will be a no go and then resume light duty on Thurs.

Thanks to everyone for all of their support and hopeful posts that this cycle will work for my family.

Resting on sofa and being pampered by DH who is getting us take out!!!

futurebeauty

December 13th, 2011, 4:13 am #2

eat your pineapple and let your dh pamper you. hopefully you will get good news about frosties also!! good luck in the tww. LMD

December 13th, 2011, 5:42 am #3

We transferred 2 8 cell blasts and we have 4 left over that were not quite blasts yet. I will find out tomorrow how many will make it to be a frostie. I am really hoping that this cycle works well for us. I need to buy some pineapple.

I totally forgot to ask what grade the blasts were today. So I will ask the nurse tomorrow when I call to check on my other embryos.

My clinic wants me to be on bedrest until Thurs afternoon. I am taking tomorrow off and then on Wed, I thought I would go out w/ my assistant and perform some client re evals without lifting or touching the children but just doing the computer work w/ of course my pillow under my computer. What do yall think??? The studies do not show that it is necessary for bedrest but I want to comply w/ their rules to the best of my abilities.

I can always tell my assistant that Wed will be a no go and then resume light duty on Thurs.

Thanks to everyone for all of their support and hopeful posts that this cycle will work for my family.

futurebeauty
I did not rest at all after transfer and it worked for me. My clinic does not recommend bed rest. I think light work without lifting anything on Wednesday would be just fine and would have been perfectly fine according to my RE. But you should do what you feel comfortable with and that which will leave you without any regrets. So if it makes you feel better to work and keep busy then do it. But if you have doubts about it then stay home and rest.

Wishing you lots of luck!

Twinmom
Twinmom

December 13th, 2011, 9:29 am #4

futurebeauty
I hope the embies stick and you will have wonderful holidays.

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

December 13th, 2011, 12:35 pm #5

futurebeauty
When is your beta? My old clinic allowed me to go back to work the day after transfer with no lifting. SG requires 24 hours of bedrest.

E&H
E&H

December 13th, 2011, 1:56 pm #6

futurebeauty
Did you transfer on day 3 or day 5? You say 8 cell blasts but 8 cell are 3 day embryos. Anyway, good luck. Can't wait to hear how high your betas are

Melissa
Melissa

December 13th, 2011, 4:04 pm #7

futurebeauty
It is so exciting to be following your progress. I am happy to hear that it went well yesterday, and I wish you a peaceful 2ww! Congratulations on getting this far!

Melissa

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

December 13th, 2011, 4:08 pm #8

Did you transfer on day 3 or day 5? You say 8 cell blasts but 8 cell are 3 day embryos. Anyway, good luck. Can't wait to hear how high your betas are
I asked the doc if they were 8 cell blasts and he said yes. Maybe he only heard blasts. Man feeling ignorant. I was just so excited to have my picture of them alone and then in the uterus.

It is a far different story then when we transferred only one 5 cell on day 3 w/ my OE last yr which of course was a BFN.

Thanks,

futurebeauty

Mrs. A
Mrs. A

December 13th, 2011, 9:03 pm #9

futurebeauty
Congrats on a wonderful cycle and transfer!!! Can't wait to see the update!

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

December 13th, 2011, 10:26 pm #10

futurebeauty
Is this normal??? I would like to think that I am an informed consumer of IF but it seems that I still have much to learn.

So we have 2 frosties to use if this cycle fails which of course I am hoping it does not but happy w/ a possible second chance.

Thanks again everyone!!!!

futurebeauty