@Anon7

@Anon7

K
K

June 18th, 2011, 1:49 pm #1

At HFI Piney Point Center. Just gave Receptionist all my progesterone I couldn't use. She's giving it to Marylou with the name ALM on it. I said if you don't contact them for it in next couple days to donate to someone else. Good Luck! I'm in for transfer now!

Anon7
Anon7

June 18th, 2011, 3:39 pm #2

Marylou hates me (or maybe just is annoyed with all of the emotional women going through this), so she'll be thrilled I've got a present waiting for me. Hee hee. THANK YOU! Why can't you use the progesterone? I have to start those shots tomorrow night and to be honest, I'm not sure if I can go through with it. I'll do it tomorrow, but if it's unbearable, or becomes unbearable, I'm going to have to ask them to switch me to crinone or some other form.

I shiver just thinking about shoving that big needle in my backside. OUCH! I find that after a few days of the sub-q stomach injections it starts to sting more. I'm not sure if I get sloppy with the shots or what, but I'm thrilled that tonight is my LAST lupron shot (Hopefully FOREVER!). I dread doing it even though the needle is small. I've been sticking myself in the stomach for weeks now and I'm sick of it!

What are you using instead of PIO? Aren't you in the 2WW? THANKS!!!!

K
K

June 18th, 2011, 4:32 pm #3

She is not warm and fuzzy for sure! Lol. It is the progesterone in ethyl oliate. I'm using progesterone in olive oil.
You're going to need this because this cycle will work for you! advice for these shots....I freeze the area first so when I touch the skin I it's numb. I don't feel the shots At All!! After I put a warm moist washcloth on the area and massage it. I've done this many times and nurses said it's fine. Also, very important.... Heat the oil in a hot cup of water first for quite a few minutes. Even 10... It makes the oil much easier to inject. Nurses approved that too! Remember it's under ALM so call Marylou Monday. Xo tons of luck to you!

H40+
H40+

June 19th, 2011, 2:26 pm #4

At HFI Piney Point Center. Just gave Receptionist all my progesterone I couldn't use. She's giving it to Marylou with the name ALM on it. I said if you don't contact them for it in next couple days to donate to someone else. Good Luck! I'm in for transfer now!
If you end up needed more (when you get your + pregnancy test), I can leave mine over there with MaryLu for you too. I have tons of Estradiol too.

Anon7
Anon7

June 19th, 2011, 3:36 pm #5

with twins? If there is some other alternative, please let me know. I DO NOT want to do this. UGH. Thank you so much for your generous offer, however. We'll see how this goes....ugh. I will let you know.

Anonymous
Anonymous

June 19th, 2011, 4:04 pm #6

My clinic sent me a list asking for my preferences, one of the questions was whether I wanted to use PIO or vaginal suppositories (this is a top clinic). You don't HAVE to do PIO, no one will force you, there are other delivery systems for progesterone. I have done both. BTW I picked PIO because believe it or not it is preferable to me because I am assured the progesterone gets in the bloodstream, levels register high consistently, and is much less messy than suppositories, and only once a day. Dribbling suppositories all over for weeks on end is very unpleasant, sometimes it looks like the entire greasy dose is spilling out making the user paranoid that is isn't getting a chance to absorb (with no way to check blood levels every day). At least with PIO, there is not the doubt or the visual of seeing the meds coming out. I am not single but did all the shots myself, it truly is not something you need two people for IMHO.

H40+
H40+

June 19th, 2011, 4:45 pm #7

with twins? If there is some other alternative, please let me know. I DO NOT want to do this. UGH. Thank you so much for your generous offer, however. We'll see how this goes....ugh. I will let you know.
You only take the shots for the first 10 or 12 weeks, then the placenta takes over, so I'm way past that point now. When I refilled the prescription, the pharmacy fill three vials at a time, and out of my last refill, I only used one vial before I was at 10 weeks. So....now I have two left over.
That clinic loves PIO above all the other alternatives, and they're just going to tell you to use it no matter what your preference. They say there's more breakthrough bleeding with crinone. Also they monitor your progesterone levels by drawing blood every week, and you can get an accurate measure through your bloodstream with PIO, but not with crinone. That's their reasoning.