@ Seymo

@ Seymo

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

March 2nd, 2012, 5:49 pm #1

Thinking og you today

March 3rd, 2012, 3:10 pm #2

US confirmed the bad news.

I am actually reconsidering going forward. If the doctor does not take my concerns seriously, I am out. I want my life back. Seven years is too long for me.

I sincerely hope your mom is doing better so you have a bit less on your plate as your transfer approaches.

Sam

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

March 3rd, 2012, 4:44 pm #3

So sorry, it is so discouraging. Have you considered switching MD's if MD not receptive to fully exploring issues? On the other board I have seen great things about DR. Espisito from the SG Fredricksburg office. just a thought.... Take care.

My mom continues to have a very difficult postop course, still in ICU. It is so difficult to see her like this. I'm hoping she turns the corner soon. I'm not sure how much more she can take emotionally, she is feeling so defeated.

March 3rd, 2012, 4:59 pm #4

Thinking og you today
I'm so sorry about what's happenng. That's terrible if your doctor is not taking your concerns seriously. I agree with Mrs. M. Maybe change your doctor, although I'm sure that feels like an insurmountable hassle and challenge right now, understandably. Give yourself a little time and maybe a little later you'll feel like you know what you want to do.

Sending you good thoughts. Take good care of yourself.

March 3rd, 2012, 5:01 pm #5

So sorry, it is so discouraging. Have you considered switching MD's if MD not receptive to fully exploring issues? On the other board I have seen great things about DR. Espisito from the SG Fredricksburg office. just a thought.... Take care.

My mom continues to have a very difficult postop course, still in ICU. It is so difficult to see her like this. I'm hoping she turns the corner soon. I'm not sure how much more she can take emotionally, she is feeling so defeated.
Sorry to hear she's not doing well. I hope she gets some relief and starts seeing some progress soon. Hang in there.

March 3rd, 2012, 6:03 pm #6

talking to some one?

When my dad was hospitalized after an adverse event to a test he had had, he got a lot out of speaking with a chaplain who stopped in his room. My dad was a card carrying atheist! But the chaplain was helpful in getting him to be more positive or at least not so defeated. My dad had stage 4 lung cancer so he knew from the get-go that it was going to be difficult but once he started talking with the minister he found some inner peace and a "good" outlook.

My dad also really liked talking to the social worker. But he was a flirt so I think he just liked chatting up with her.

I am so sorry both she and you are going through this. I am wishing you both strength going forward.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 3rd, 2012, 9:50 pm #7

I am actually reconsidering going forward. If the doctor does not take my concerns seriously, I am out. I want my life back. Seven years is too long for me.

I sincerely hope your mom is doing better so you have a bit less on your plate as your transfer approaches.

Sam
I noticed your post on the other board about your DH age, and how you want to do the sperm frag test, then decide what to do with the info... Please know you do NOT need your RE's permission to get this test done through SCSA labs, which is the same lab many REs use anyway. The SCSA lab mails you the collection kit to your house and you send it in yourself, no RE needed. (Back when we did this test a doctor order was required but now it is not).

Keep in mind many of the top top clinics in the country including CCRM require this sperm frag test, it is important info (and not necessarily a sperm death sentence), don't be discouraged by your RE.

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

March 3rd, 2012, 10:33 pm #8

Sam
You have been through too much over the last 7 yrs to deal w/ an unsupportive doc. I work in the medical field and over the yrs I have learned that medical professionals are hired help. If they are not helping, find someone else until you get the answers/results that you need.

I hope that your hearts heals a bit and you can find a plan to move forward.

(((Hugs)))

FB

March 3rd, 2012, 11:05 pm #9

I noticed your post on the other board about your DH age, and how you want to do the sperm frag test, then decide what to do with the info... Please know you do NOT need your RE's permission to get this test done through SCSA labs, which is the same lab many REs use anyway. The SCSA lab mails you the collection kit to your house and you send it in yourself, no RE needed. (Back when we did this test a doctor order was required but now it is not).

Keep in mind many of the top top clinics in the country including CCRM require this sperm frag test, it is important info (and not necessarily a sperm death sentence), don't be discouraged by your RE.
When I mentioned the DNA frag to my RE, he said he felt it had no value. He had a more detailed explanation than that, and I can see his point of view as I work in medical research including clinical trials. But, many other REs and fertility urologists DO find it provides some insight. And so I don't think my thoughts on this should be dismissed out of hand.

We are definitely going to have the test done. I found the website for the lab. And I believe it will help us decide how to proceed - even if it is just waiting 3 months to start again while DH wears boxers and loads up on antioxidants.

I am also looking around for Re's for a second opinion once I have the results of the DNA frag and the karyotyping.

As always, this board is so helpful and supportive. Thank you all so much.

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

March 4th, 2012, 2:21 am #10

Sorry to hear she's not doing well. I hope she gets some relief and starts seeing some progress soon. Hang in there.
Hope you are doing well. where are you in the cycling process?