asking for dear friend: who is best for frozen egg donor program

asking for dear friend: who is best for frozen egg donor program

March 11th, 2013, 12:31 am #1

x post
can I get some feedback on the best programs for someone who is interested in the donor program; but with eggs frozen. I remember that Atlanta was the best; is it still? Is Shady Grove pretty good?

what is the break down on costs if any one has tried this/ and of course success stories welcome!!!

Late Starter 394
Late Starter 394

March 11th, 2013, 6:53 am #2

DH and I looked into frozen eggs in detail when we first started our search in donor-land, and were told by many that Spain's success rates are BY FAR ahead of any other country in regards to vitrified eggs.

Apparently their success rate is equal to their fresh cycles. However in the USA it seems to be around 50-60% at the most.

Spain will also be much cheaper I think.

Just a thought..

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

March 11th, 2013, 10:20 am #3

x post
can I get some feedback on the best programs for someone who is interested in the donor program; but with eggs frozen. I remember that Atlanta was the best; is it still? Is Shady Grove pretty good?

what is the break down on costs if any one has tried this/ and of course success stories welcome!!!
Hi,

Having done a frozen egg cycle anda lot of research I would say that yes, RBA is still the best. When I cycled last year stats were 60% success rate if one embryo put back and 70% if two put back. I've heard the stats are even a bit higher now. In addition, at a cost of $16,500 for a single cycle with a guarantee of two high quality embryos or a free cycle should you not get pregnant, I think it's a great program. This is not to say other programs are not having success, I just don't think they are at anywhere near the rate RBA is.

Anon
Anon

March 11th, 2013, 7:20 pm #4

DH and I looked into frozen eggs in detail when we first started our search in donor-land, and were told by many that Spain's success rates are BY FAR ahead of any other country in regards to vitrified eggs.

Apparently their success rate is equal to their fresh cycles. However in the USA it seems to be around 50-60% at the most.

Spain will also be much cheaper I think.

Just a thought..
There are a lot of clinics and clinics differ enormously.

Anonymous
Anonymous

March 11th, 2013, 8:53 pm #5

I think it's a clinic in Madrid ill check though

Anon
Anon

March 12th, 2013, 12:00 am #6

Hi,

Having done a frozen egg cycle anda lot of research I would say that yes, RBA is still the best. When I cycled last year stats were 60% success rate if one embryo put back and 70% if two put back. I've heard the stats are even a bit higher now. In addition, at a cost of $16,500 for a single cycle with a guarantee of two high quality embryos or a free cycle should you not get pregnant, I think it's a great program. This is not to say other programs are not having success, I just don't think they are at anywhere near the rate RBA is.
According to sart, in 2011, rba had 47.5% success rate. Where are you seeing these higher stats?

I am on the fence, but seriously considering RBA. Can you tell me whrther you id their guarantee program and how many cycles you did?

How did you find their donor pool? I searched it and found no matches with my specifics ... And i was only looking for blood type and hair color.

Finally, were you local or out of town? If OOT, how was the travel and monitoring?

Thanks?

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

March 12th, 2013, 12:16 am #7

Hi,

SART does not keep track of frozen donor egg stats. They are considered experimental and as such they don't track them. That might change soon as I know that at a recent meeting of ASRM meeting they were deemed to no longer be experimental. You should take a look at their website and go to their donor egg section. They have stats there and in particular look at the doctor blogs there. They have lots of stats and explanations there as to the differences in the frozen donor egg don't stats and they regular donor egg stats. What convinced me however more than anything, were several RBA threads at the website fertile thoughts. The success rates of those ladies over the course of about two years seemed to be around 80%.

I did the single cycle guarantee program for 16,500. My first cycle didn't work but I did a frozen transfer of a single embryo and that did work. AntoniaLisa on this board also did a cycle and succeed on her first try. I I found the donor pool to be amazing, but I was looking for African-American donors and did not really focus on other donors. I think they have a good selection of all types of donors,, but you really should read some of the prior threads on this. I know that Antonialisa was not entirely happy with the donor pool for what she was looking for specifically initially.

Yes I wasn't out of town patient. Was very easy. I did my monitoring at home. They Basically just had me do one lining check that required an ultrasound. There was other bloodwork that can be done at a lab. I then went to Atlanta for a week.

demomone
demomone

March 12th, 2013, 12:33 am #8

x post

they have not done many cycles with frozen eggs. I believe that last I had spoken with them, which was a year ago..they had done 12 cycles with only one not getting pregnant. That was a while ago. You can call to ask them.
I know that they were all trained in Italy for their frozen egg program by the team that actually started egg freezing.
I think 60% would be a bit high..I would want to know what on going and live birth rates are with using frozen eggs.

DeeinNYU
DeeinNYU

March 12th, 2013, 2:27 am #9

NYU has long been known for freezing eggs. I'm sure they are very good at it. I I had also inquired at New Hope about their frozen egg program but found Dr. Zhang to Not be very forthcoming about their stats. I don't think they did many cycles. I do remember that the price wasn't too bad and that there was a guarantee of at least one blast. As for 60% being high.. The stats I spoke about for RBA are live birth rates. They really are the pioneers in this here in the states.. At least as far as frozen donor eggs. There embryologist is pretty amazing.

Anon
Anon

March 12th, 2013, 2:52 am #10

Hi,

SART does not keep track of frozen donor egg stats. They are considered experimental and as such they don't track them. That might change soon as I know that at a recent meeting of ASRM meeting they were deemed to no longer be experimental. You should take a look at their website and go to their donor egg section. They have stats there and in particular look at the doctor blogs there. They have lots of stats and explanations there as to the differences in the frozen donor egg don't stats and they regular donor egg stats. What convinced me however more than anything, were several RBA threads at the website fertile thoughts. The success rates of those ladies over the course of about two years seemed to be around 80%.

I did the single cycle guarantee program for 16,500. My first cycle didn't work but I did a frozen transfer of a single embryo and that did work. AntoniaLisa on this board also did a cycle and succeed on her first try. I I found the donor pool to be amazing, but I was looking for African-American donors and did not really focus on other donors. I think they have a good selection of all types of donors,, but you really should read some of the prior threads on this. I know that Antonialisa was not entirely happy with the donor pool for what she was looking for specifically initially.

Yes I wasn't out of town patient. Was very easy. I did my monitoring at home. They Basically just had me do one lining check that required an ultrasound. There was other bloodwork that can be done at a lab. I then went to Atlanta for a week.
Hi there- this is really helpful. Thanks for all of this info. So did the $16500 cover both reansfers but with one "batch" of eggs?

Also, can you clarify whether you were an out of town patient ... And , if so, how much advance notice you had before you headed to Atlanta. I am trying to figure out if this literally involves buying plane tickets the day or two before.

Did you only visit Atlanta for the transfer or did you have to go there for pre- work, too? Did the $16,500 cover all fees, including pre-testing?

Sorry for all the questions... I am a newbie here.

Thanks,