Ariadne, Cotton and Minniet

Ariadne, Cotton and Minniet

Bharani
Bharani

January 22nd, 2012, 5:30 pm #1

Cotton, thanks for telling me that Scher does comprehensive test for male.

I WANT A DOCTOR WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY DOING, AND WILLING TO TAKE CARE OF ME. I am tired being just number, my case need to be looked differently. I am sorry for saying this, but honestly I believe if I get a doctor who gives my a time I will get my dream.
Cotton, did you say he gave you a protocol and that plan worked for you?

Ladies I found another doctor in the East Coast, Dr. Braveman, anything you know about him?

I want to go either Chicago, or NYC. It is convienient for me. However, I have to decide who is better or best in my case. Which one do you think. I don't know anything, just reading from the internet and still reading about them:
1.Chicago (kwam). Is she a doctor? I think she works with your RE? Am I right?
2. Scher in NYC ( I got the dr. you are saying. There are two, I have to be careful on that)
3. Braveman in NYC

Which one do you think can help me?
I have been crying all night. I just bought some vitamine c, b. Please help me in guiding me to the one you think can help. I know it is very hard to say for some one else. Who would you choose for yourself in NYC.

minniet
minniet

January 22nd, 2012, 7:00 pm #2

I know, I have felt just like you do now. I wish Dr. Acacio were closer to you. He is the first doctor and clinic I feel like I can stop worrying and just let them take care of me. They are kind, and so thorough.

I would really like to see you with a Dr. who cares. You will find your way.

Add some Vit D3, it will help you with mood and health in the winter.

Hugs --

January 22nd, 2012, 10:11 pm #3

I WANT A DOCTOR WHO KNOWS WHAT THEY DOING, AND WILLING TO TAKE CARE OF ME. I am tired being just number, my case need to be looked differently. I am sorry for saying this, but honestly I believe if I get a doctor who gives my a time I will get my dream.

Ladies I found another doctor in the East Coast, Dr. Braveman, anything you know about him?

I want to go either Chicago, or NYC. It is convienient for me. However, I have to decide who is better or best in my case. Which one do you think. I don't know anything, just reading from the internet and still reading about them:
2. Scher in NYC ( I got the dr. you are saying. There are two, I have to be careful on that)
3. Braveman in NYC

I have been crying all night. I just bought some vitamine c, b. Please help me in guiding me to the one you think can help. I know it is very hard to say for some one else. Who would you choose for yourself in NYC.
i can only recommend johnathan scher in NYC, as he is the one i saw. i'm not familiar with any of the other doctors.

yes, he gave me a protocol. i did not stay with scher as my doctor. i ONLY used him for the tests and his recommended protocol. i brought the results to my RE, whom i trust above all other doctors, and we incorporated it into my next cycle. this was back when i was still working with my own eggs. i think we did two more OE cycles before moving on to DE (the OE cycles did not work.)

when i moved on to DE, i saw a new RI and she prescribed only the basic immune cocktail: lovenox, baby aspirin, folgard. i've done 7 DE cycles, all with that cocktail. twice it worked (DS + current pregnancy.) so clearly it wasn't my "magic bullet" but i'm glad i had it all checked out. even though it wasn't an immediate "fix," i do believe that it did lead to my success, along with the other things that my RE did to tweak my cycles each time. also, much of this is a crap shoot which i'm sure you know. each time you use a new donor you've changed an element of the cycle. it makes it complicated but also can bring new hope.

the whole immune angle works for some and for some it does not turn out to be the answer. you shouldn't focus on whether or not it's THE ANSWER but, rather, knowing that you are covering all bases and finding someone who will look at things differently. we can give you our experience. but only you can make the final choice in doctors, based on everything you learn here and in your research.

you are very much on the right path. hang in there. it's enough to make your head explode. maybe when a couple of days have passed and you aren't feeling as emotional, you can go back and read all the posts we've answered. i think that somewhere in there you might find what your gut tells you is the best.

Bharani
Bharani

January 23rd, 2012, 1:13 am #4

I know, I have felt just like you do now. I wish Dr. Acacio were closer to you. He is the first doctor and clinic I feel like I can stop worrying and just let them take care of me. They are kind, and so thorough.

I would really like to see you with a Dr. who cares. You will find your way.

Add some Vit D3, it will help you with mood and health in the winter.

Hugs --
that too Minnet. Honestly, I was crying early in the morning. It is just the frustration of not knowing what to do where to go.
What type of vitamines are you on? I stop all vitamines since I started DE.
Let me know if you are on any vitamines.
Thanks again

Bharani
Bharani

January 23rd, 2012, 1:17 am #5

i can only recommend johnathan scher in NYC, as he is the one i saw. i'm not familiar with any of the other doctors.

yes, he gave me a protocol. i did not stay with scher as my doctor. i ONLY used him for the tests and his recommended protocol. i brought the results to my RE, whom i trust above all other doctors, and we incorporated it into my next cycle. this was back when i was still working with my own eggs. i think we did two more OE cycles before moving on to DE (the OE cycles did not work.)

when i moved on to DE, i saw a new RI and she prescribed only the basic immune cocktail: lovenox, baby aspirin, folgard. i've done 7 DE cycles, all with that cocktail. twice it worked (DS + current pregnancy.) so clearly it wasn't my "magic bullet" but i'm glad i had it all checked out. even though it wasn't an immediate "fix," i do believe that it did lead to my success, along with the other things that my RE did to tweak my cycles each time. also, much of this is a crap shoot which i'm sure you know. each time you use a new donor you've changed an element of the cycle. it makes it complicated but also can bring new hope.

the whole immune angle works for some and for some it does not turn out to be the answer. you shouldn't focus on whether or not it's THE ANSWER but, rather, knowing that you are covering all bases and finding someone who will look at things differently. we can give you our experience. but only you can make the final choice in doctors, based on everything you learn here and in your research.

you are very much on the right path. hang in there. it's enough to make your head explode. maybe when a couple of days have passed and you aren't feeling as emotional, you can go back and read all the posts we've answered. i think that somewhere in there you might find what your gut tells you is the best.
I will read again. May I ask you why you change from Scher to another RI? If you don't mind me asking you.
Thanks

January 23rd, 2012, 1:42 am #6

dr scher was very expensive and i felt it didn't make sense to be with such an expensive doctor who didn't even do IVF or DE or any of the things that i needed. one of the main things scher specializes in is recurring miscarriage, and that was not my issue. i did eventually have a m/c with one of my DE cycles, but i hadn't had one yet when i first saw scher. if you google him (which i'm sure you have) you'll see a lot of success stories in that regard. in my mind, it made more sense to just get what i needed from him: which was "one-stop shopping" for all the tests in one place and hopefully some answers. from there i took the results to my RE. i still needed to be monitored on the protocol since my clinic and RE would only monitor the IVF or DE drugs. my RE suggested an RI who runs a women's health center and who is very well-respected. i liked her immediately and have been with her ever since. she's super no-nonsense. i don't want to spin your head with yet another name because she can't give you what you need: all the testing in one place, etc. she definitely believes in all the immune issues affecting pregnancy, but i don't think to the extent that the scher's and beer's of the world do. so she just looked at the protocol and felt that the basic immune cocktail (folgard, baby aspirin & lovenox) would be enough. in the end, it was.

Bharani
Bharani

January 23rd, 2012, 2:27 am #7

oh I thought he does IVF stuff. So he is the same as the lady in Chicago.
Thanks

January 23rd, 2012, 3:11 am #8

It's rare to find an RE who is also a full-on RI.
I'm not sure why there are so few RI's. I find that the RE's generally don't believe in the treatment, nor do the OBs once you get pregnant. My hope is that you have an RE like mine who thinks "it can't hurt." Which is why you have to take matters into your own hands and decide what makes sense to you. And you're doing that

Ariadne
Ariadne

January 23rd, 2012, 3:33 pm #9

3. Braveman in NYC

I've heard of him from posts on this board & the immune group, but I don't know any details about him. Do a board search here & the immune board & you will find posts.

Yes, Kwak-Kim is like the Beer Center. She doesn't do ART. She handles your immune issues.

Are you staying with your current ivf clinic? I recall you saying you were. If so, Kwak-Kim & Scher are good choices, I think, since you want to go to Chicago or NY. I doubt any REs doing immune treatment will work with you while you do ivf elsewhere, but I can't say for sure. I personally would look at Kwak-Kim but that's only b/c she will likely do the most testing. But again, I can't say for sure. It's been years since I was on top of this. At the time, I knew which things each of the handful of doctors tested for, but things change.

If you are open to switching clinics & want one doctor to do everything, maybe look into Braverman then or Acacio. They may not do every test Kwak-Kim or the Beer Center will, though. There may be Braverman patients on this board who can tell you what he is like. (I did a quick search to confirm he has been mentioned here & several posters said he was kind. There is an Andrea Braverman who also pulls up on the search. You want Dr. Braverman, not Andrea Braverman. Most posts are about Dr. Braverman, though.)

I know this is hard, but it just is. It's a lot of info. & it's overwhelming. I wish I could say it's easy, but I did not find it to be easy. Still, all the tears were worth it. And believe me, I shed my share, too.

Do you have a printer at home? If so, I would suggest printing these threads from the last few weeks. They are easier to refer back to that way.

Sending you a hug. Maybe give yourself a break from making any decisions for a little bit? I know you want to get going, but maybe taking the pressure off yourself for even a few days would help.

DeeinNYC
DeeinNYC

January 23rd, 2012, 6:06 pm #10

3. Braveman in NYC

Hi,

I have read and heard lots of great things about both Dr. Kim Kwak in Chicago and Dr. Braverman in NYC. You might also want to look into Dr. Carolyn Colloum in Chicago and Dr. Tortoriello at SIRM-NYC. Good luck. In New York..I would choose either Braverman or Tortoriello.