Anyone have low progesterone?

Anyone have low progesterone?

Jennifer
Jennifer

May 10th, 2011, 12:35 am #1

Hi ladies,
This is my third pregnancy from DE---first two ended in miscarriage. My progesterone has always been so low.....and it doesn't seem to want to budge. My betas are doubling really well--they're really strong--but that darned progesterone even dropped two points this week. I know this is a sign of miscarriage, but since the last embryo was checked and was fine, I am wondering if my body is having trouble synthesizing the progesterone? Is that even possible?

Also, I'm curious as to where you guys are ranging on your progesterone numbers. Mine is 8.5 and they want it above 9.

thanks-
jennifer

K
K

May 10th, 2011, 12:41 am #2

I'd increase your progesterone. I'm curious what others will say... Good luck!

Brenda
Brenda

May 10th, 2011, 1:05 am #3

Hi ladies,
This is my third pregnancy from DE---first two ended in miscarriage. My progesterone has always been so low.....and it doesn't seem to want to budge. My betas are doubling really well--they're really strong--but that darned progesterone even dropped two points this week. I know this is a sign of miscarriage, but since the last embryo was checked and was fine, I am wondering if my body is having trouble synthesizing the progesterone? Is that even possible?

Also, I'm curious as to where you guys are ranging on your progesterone numbers. Mine is 8.5 and they want it above 9.

thanks-
jennifer
what does your doc say? Have you tried different forms of prog? Crinone, pio, and promethium pills vag three times per day.?? or maybe try all 3 ways? I am just doing one ml of pio and one crinone per day. It's enough. Sorry I cant help you more. I hope you dont lose the pregnancy over this.

May 10th, 2011, 2:46 am #4

Hi ladies,

thanks-
jennifer
of progesterone. I am on 2.5cc of PIO daily and have been also doing 100mg of Endometrin vaginally 2x/day. My insurance will not cover Endometrin, so I will now replace the Endometrin with 200mg of Prometrium 2x/day. Once I am taken off of this regime, at about 15 to 17 weeks, I will start 17 Alphahydroxyprogesteronecaproate, which is now be marketed as Mackenna, for the duration of the pg.

Your doctor should immediately increase your progesterone and find the method that is most effective for you, which many times is a combination. This can be an emergency situation. If they haven't done this, call right now and get it done. Good luck to you.
Last edited by Kacee56 on May 10th, 2011, 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jennifer
Jennifer

May 10th, 2011, 3:56 am #5

Hi ladies,

thanks-
jennifer
Endometrin 3x a day and 1cc of PIO every other day. As of today they increased it to 1x a day. I might increase it myself to 1.25 or even 1.5 in order to get it up. Would there be any reason not to do this?
Thanks again for responding!
jennifer

Anonymous
Anonymous

May 10th, 2011, 4:30 am #6

First I am so happy to see you staying pregnant!

Even with no progesterone problems whatsoever my old clinic still had me on 2cc PIO every day, with a 200mg vaginal progesterone suppository morning and night. My poor butt. It was insane but the standard protocol and I was assured it would cause no harm (except the side effects - blah). Numbers were always through the roof 50-100 range but they would not let up! I cut it back myself to 1.5cc PIO eventually. If my numbers were low I would not hesitate to pile on the progesterone.

May 10th, 2011, 7:18 am #7

Endometrin 3x a day and 1cc of PIO every other day. As of today they increased it to 1x a day. I might increase it myself to 1.25 or even 1.5 in order to get it up. Would there be any reason not to do this?
jennifer
day plus the other supplementation. It can only help.

After increasing prog. get a blood test 2 days later to make sure levels are ok.

I also did not absorb progesterone adequately and needed very high doses to maintain my successful DE pregnancy.

Best of luck,
Daisy
Last edited by loochieuk on May 10th, 2011, 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

May 10th, 2011, 7:59 am #8

Hi ladies,

thanks-
jennifer
I can't remember exactly. I think 6. The RE was very concerned on the day of transfer and gave me a shot right there. Then he put me on vaginal Crinone, oral Utrogest (2 pills 3 X day) and PIO shots twice a week (the kind they have here in Europe is always done that way, not every day).

The oral stuff knocked me OUT but my levels got up to 18 and maintained the pregnancy.

Note: If one of the kind you're on is vaginal, that won't necessarily show up in your blood tests but it will be working on the uterus.

Good luck.

May 10th, 2011, 4:15 pm #9

day plus the other supplementation. It can only help.

After increasing prog. get a blood test 2 days later to make sure levels are ok.

I also did not absorb progesterone adequately and needed very high doses to maintain my successful DE pregnancy.

Best of luck,
Daisy
I did not get my progesterone checked during my last cycle at transfer or when my beta was drawn. When and how were you able to get your levels checked so that your doctor was able to address the low progesterone issue? Was that a concern that came up during your monitoring or during previous unsuccessful cycles? Or did you have a test during your beta? I'm preparing for a cycle, and want to have the best information as we get going.

Kacee
Kacee

May 10th, 2011, 5:09 pm #10

jennifer
the 1cc per day, until they have confirmation from BW that you levels are adequate to sustain a pg.