Anyone @ San Diego Fertility Center?

bella
bella

January 21st, 2014, 1:37 am #1

I'm considering SDFC and I wonder if anyone would like to share her experience??? Also, I went through their in-house donor list and found very few asian donorsI'm asian and my hubby is caucasian. I'm ok with caucasian with dark hair, hispanic or asian donors, but my hubby insists I should get the one with my ethnicity. Does anyone know good agencies with decent number of asian donors in San Diego???

Al
Al

January 22nd, 2014, 1:57 am #2

Hi Bella

I cycled with them in July 2013 and am currently 30 weeks pg.

I was really happy with the whole process. I live and work in Asia (am Australian) so a lot of pre-organization was needed. The initial consult with Dr Hum.mel was easy (by phone) and the co-ordination was good (although I had to chase my particular nurse a lot....she was really the only person I wasn't thrilled by). The whole thing seemed easy and they have a great success rate. I purchased an eSET guarantee program, which was reassurance for me in case the first transfer didn't go well (although so far, so good).

I also didn't get excited by their donor pool, so I used an agency (Peas in a Pod). I don't know what their Asian donor pool is like but FWIW I used a donor concierge too (someone who searches for a donor based on criteria you give them....you get a short list to choose from...see above thread) so if you're finding it hard to get the donor you like, you could either search for other agencies in CA (SD.fC sent me a list of agencies they've worked well with in the past) or if you want to search nationally, you could get help/do it solo through agencies. Peas was one agency that had been recommended on here before I cycled but there are a few others. SD.Fc were fine with me using an agency donor (although of course it adds $$).

I was really happy and - so far - it's all worked out well. Let me know if you have any questions specifically ? We could email privately too if you like

Good luck !

Al

January 22nd, 2014, 5:01 pm #3

I'm considering SDFC and I wonder if anyone would like to share her experience??? Also, I went through their in-house donor list and found very few asian donorsI'm asian and my hubby is caucasian. I'm ok with caucasian with dark hair, hispanic or asian donors, but my hubby insists I should get the one with my ethnicity. Does anyone know good agencies with decent number of asian donors in San Diego???
And we love them.

My DH has sperm DNA fragmentation issues. The clinic that checked his sperm told us that we will never have bio child from DH.

My bunny is almost 7 y old now.

We used SDFC donor. She doesn't look like me but we are same coloring, she has healthy history and education I was looking for.

We could only do it once, therefore we choose clinic with great results and three times proven donor.

Good Luck!

Forgot to add...We had 5 frozen and the couple we donated to also had success with FET.
Last edited by honeybunnymom on January 22nd, 2014, 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 23rd, 2014, 10:56 pm #4

Hi There,
I went there for a consult and was really impressed by how on top of things they were. Very efficient and organized. However, the nurse had not been informed that she was supposed to do an SHG for me. She was flexible though and it was no problem to have it done right then and there. In the past I wanted the touchy-feely approach, but I'm over that and now I want a clinic like this- with experience, success rates and super organized. Their pricing & guarantee program is easy to understand as well.

bella
bella

January 24th, 2014, 5:38 pm #5

It's good and very encouraging to know all of you had great experience there!!! Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with me! I'll have my pregnancy test as a result of my last IVF with my own egg and I'd definitely go to SDFC if I wasn't pregnant.