any october optimists out there? (long!)

any october optimists out there? (long!)

September 7th, 2010, 3:10 am #1

I am due to cycle in October and was wondering if anyone else is set for October. I had my baseline u/s and the results were good and bad. no fibroids, myomas or polyps and ob said uterus looked lovely but lining was only 3mm! for my last OEIVF (IVF #4 nov 09 my lining was 14mm on day of transfer! I was so shocked by the lining. also the ob was a fill in for my ob who will do my monitoring (not my RE from the 4 OEIVF's) and she was unfamiliar with the equipment - could this have affected her measuring?

Also I left the appointment furious as she asked me so many questions. again she was a fill in as my ob was on vacation. she asked why i needed the u/s? why i was going overseas? did i do enough research? why my four ivf's hadn't worked? i was flabbergasted at her nosiness and she didn't even realize i was getting so upset! UGH nightmare!

Anyway sorry for the long post. Hopefully there will be other october optimists out there. LMD

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 7th, 2010, 3:52 am #2

Was this done on day 2 or day 3 of your cycle? 3mm or 4mm sounds right for a baseline.

lovemydoggies
lovemydoggies

September 7th, 2010, 6:09 am #3

this was my first (and only u/s) before transfer and it was done on day 14 of my current cycle!! that is why I am so concerned because day 14 next month will be just before my transfer and 3mm is no good in anyones book??!! my coordinator said altho it seemed very thin they would just increase my estrogen. any advice for me?

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 7th, 2010, 7:27 am #4

I am due to cycle in October and was wondering if anyone else is set for October. I had my baseline u/s and the results were good and bad. no fibroids, myomas or polyps and ob said uterus looked lovely but lining was only 3mm! for my last OEIVF (IVF #4 nov 09 my lining was 14mm on day of transfer! I was so shocked by the lining. also the ob was a fill in for my ob who will do my monitoring (not my RE from the 4 OEIVF's) and she was unfamiliar with the equipment - could this have affected her measuring?

Also I left the appointment furious as she asked me so many questions. again she was a fill in as my ob was on vacation. she asked why i needed the u/s? why i was going overseas? did i do enough research? why my four ivf's hadn't worked? i was flabbergasted at her nosiness and she didn't even realize i was getting so upset! UGH nightmare!

Anyway sorry for the long post. Hopefully there will be other october optimists out there. LMD
are you on meds already for this cycle? Is this a day 14 measurement after using estrogen, and did you get any bloodwork numbers?

If an inexperienced tech or doc is measuring a 3mm lining after you have taken estrogen for 14 days to build a lining and your blood levels are good, I would get a 2nd u/s from someone else. Do you have an RE office that can do it?

There are some ladies on here with lots of experience with thin linings, hoping they will see your post too and respond. It sounds like you don't have a history of lining problems if you have gone to transfer before without it being an issue.

lovemydoggies
lovemydoggies

September 7th, 2010, 8:50 am #5

I am probably not being clear and i guess i am unsure myself about the whole process! i am not on any meds yet but will do the lupron depot shot on day 2 of my next af (due around sept 14th) then i will take estrogen tabs around end sept to set me up for my transfer oct 16th or 18th (donors retrieval is set for oct 13th). It was too late for me to start bcp's as this cycle came up more quickly than we had imagined.

so my u/s was to check my lining in the middle of my normal no med cycle and since i've never had issues before with my lining i was very concerned that my lining is crap for implantation. am i making any sense??? its so late i think i should go to bed!!

Thx for responding tho and helping me be clearer. LMD

September 7th, 2010, 9:35 am #6

The thing about thin linings makes me nervous. What makes linings thin? How do you prevent this?

I don't know all that can go wrong with this process. It just seems that thin linings are the thing that seems to come up.

I'm SO sorry about your OB. There's so much these people don't understand! I think OBs need to be EDUCATED about infertility!!! Why are they not?

September 7th, 2010, 11:10 am #7

I am probably not being clear and i guess i am unsure myself about the whole process! i am not on any meds yet but will do the lupron depot shot on day 2 of my next af (due around sept 14th) then i will take estrogen tabs around end sept to set me up for my transfer oct 16th or 18th (donors retrieval is set for oct 13th). It was too late for me to start bcp's as this cycle came up more quickly than we had imagined.

so my u/s was to check my lining in the middle of my normal no med cycle and since i've never had issues before with my lining i was very concerned that my lining is crap for implantation. am i making any sense??? its so late i think i should go to bed!!

Thx for responding tho and helping me be clearer. LMD
About the measurement on this u/s. It really only matters what you get up to on your medicated month. I barely make a lining on my own. Usually I'm at around 3.7 normally. But then I can get up to 11 sometimes when I'm on the right dose of estrace.

That stinks about the ob. I get that at my u/s too. The techs ask way to many questions. It takes all my energy to play nice and not answer their questions with a snarl. Mind you I'm fairly jaded at this point.

Good Luck this cycle! Please keep us posted!

ks

Me - 32 yrs
DH - 33 yrs (perfect)
TTC #1 - 5 yrs
DX: Hashimoto Thyroiditis / high fsh / blocked tubes
Highest FSH 72
Lowest 3.5
Highest E2 - 1400
DE #1 (vitrified eggs due to complications) - Nov 2009 BFN
FET #1 - Jan 2010 BFN
Tubeless May 2010
July 2010 - Donor Selected! Woot! Woot!
DE #2 - Oct 2010

September 7th, 2010, 3:04 pm #8

this was my first (and only u/s) before transfer and it was done on day 14 of my current cycle!! that is why I am so concerned because day 14 next month will be just before my transfer and 3mm is no good in anyones book??!! my coordinator said altho it seemed very thin they would just increase my estrogen. any advice for me?
and i would be a little suspicious of the OB and her ability to use equipment.

FWIW
fish

movingforwardhappily!
movingforwardhappily!

September 7th, 2010, 8:57 pm #9

Hi there,
I am all set to do my first de cycle in the first 10 days of Oct. and am simply terrified. No idea how any of it is going to go..
Sorry you had such an annoying exp...I am so hoping this is it as I can't stand the doc. appointments with no end goal in sight..
Hang in there.
Movingforwardhappily!

September 7th, 2010, 11:15 pm #10

I am using frozen eggs so they will thaw, fertilize, and hopefully let them go 5 days before transfer. I have gotten everything done except the pap smear which is causing me one headache after another.

First my re's office which is out of town tells me I am ok on it- I specifically asked - when I go to see them to do my sounding, etc. If I needed it I was planning on letting them do it while I was there. Well, the next week they let me know it has been too long since my last pap smear so I need to hurry up and get it done or I wont be transferring anything.
So I go have it done locally and there is a problem with the sample and I am going to have to have it repeated. I had to call my local dr to find out the results because nobody had bothered to call me to let me know. I feel like I am having to stay behind everybody just to get this done. I am starting to feel a little stressed and of course these meds are not helping matters

Steph
DD born 11/09 using frozen eggs