Any babies born over the weekend....Veesha, Raindrops?

Any babies born over the weekend....Veesha, Raindrops?

March 20th, 2012, 8:39 pm #1

Juuuust wondering??

March 20th, 2012, 9:12 pm #2

In fact baby girl seems quite content in staying in there. She is still so high, although it is interesting that at the same time she can be sitting on my bladder - LOL. I'm due in 4 days so I'm trying to come up with ways to open my pelvis. Just really want to meet her!

I hope Raindrops and her baby boy are making progress.

Thanks for checking!

March 20th, 2012, 10:25 pm #3

Juuuust wondering??
Went to the hospital Monday morning at 7:30. Doctor applied my prostaglandin gel at 8:30 and hooked me up to a monitor. I had mild contractions every 3 to 4 minutes and baby boy was quite happy. The gel didn't hurt at all. We walked and walked trying to get things started and then applied more gel at 12:30. Then more walking and more continuous mild contractions but still no active labor by 6:30 pm and we were tired and hungry so decided to check out of the hospital and go home dilated to a big whopping 2 cm and 60% efaced. My doctor was hopeful it would do more than that and I didn't want to try any other further induction.

So today DH and I both stayed home from work and have been out walking today to see if we can get things going. I have found that walking does equal contractions. So something is happening. . I'm heading out walking again in a while to see if we can get things going.

The hospital staff is very nice, no pressure one way or the other at this point. Now my doctor is no longer on duty so if I go into labor I will get one of her partners. So it is just watchful waiting at this point.

March 20th, 2012, 11:14 pm #4

I meant to comment on a lower post where you commented that prostagladin wouldn't likely be used since I had a c-sect before. That's a bummer, because it certainly sounds like it's working in your case, which is WONDERFUL!

I just picked up a birthing ball, and trying to see if that will do anything. I just really want her to drop on her own, because on Monday the dr. said if that didn't happen by 41 weeks, his recommendation would be another c-sect, and I'm trying to go with a vbac. I just really want the baby to have a shot at coming when she's ready, not just because we picked a date for her to arrive (not that there's anything wrong with doing it that way, at all...I just want her to have a chance to come when she wants to, with a little coaxing from us of course).

It sounds like you're close! YAY!!!!

March 21st, 2012, 4:51 am #5

Juuuust wondering??
I have been so behind in work and have no business being on the boards. Yet, I can't help but take a quick peak to see if either of you have posted a birh story. I am getting so excited for you. That would be cool if they both came on the same day. It would be a double celebration on the pink board that day!!!!

RD-Good luck with the walking and contractions. I hope it works, and soon.

Veesha-I hope that your LO decides to come on his own, and soon!

March 21st, 2012, 5:56 am #6

Juuuust wondering??
I am sure you are getting calls galore with lots of old wives suggestions.
RD that is great that the walking is working. It is unseasonably warm where I am and it would be a nice welcome to walk ; ) Best to you.
Veesha the ball is a great idea- I used one in the hosp and it was helpful. GL
Can't wait to hear back and funny if they did come the same day!

March 22nd, 2012, 4:04 am #7

I have been so behind in work and have no business being on the boards. Yet, I can't help but take a quick peak to see if either of you have posted a birh story. I am getting so excited for you. That would be cool if they both came on the same day. It would be a double celebration on the pink board that day!!!!

RD-Good luck with the walking and contractions. I hope it works, and soon.

Veesha-I hope that your LO decides to come on his own, and soon!

I figure I can do so much, then nature has to take its course...but is it bad to say, I"M READY

March 22nd, 2012, 4:06 am #8

I am sure you are getting calls galore with lots of old wives suggestions.
RD that is great that the walking is working. It is unseasonably warm where I am and it would be a nice welcome to walk ; ) Best to you.
Veesha the ball is a great idea- I used one in the hosp and it was helpful. GL
Can't wait to hear back and funny if they did come the same day!