Antibiotic Question Shady Grove help

Antibiotic Question Shady Grove help

September 3rd, 2012, 11:11 pm #1

Tomorrow begins my 2 day appt at Shady Grove. I received my instructions. I am having an HSG early Wed morn. I had one back in 2007 at Penn, which was no big deal. Any idea why I need to take 2x500mg of antibiotics the night before? I am kinda worried about this. 200mg usually makes my stomach a bit upset even with food. And now 1000mg? I've voiced concerns to the staff but as long as I wasn't allergic they wanted me to go ahead. Seems more reasonable if I could take one tomorrow morning and one tomorrow night? Any thoughts?

September 4th, 2012, 3:49 am #2

But I don't remember the dosages. I wanted to wish u good luck tomorrow and hopeful that everything goes well. I right behind you. Good Luck. FB

September 4th, 2012, 4:21 am #3

Tomorrow begins my 2 day appt at Shady Grove. I received my instructions. I am having an HSG early Wed morn. I had one back in 2007 at Penn, which was no big deal. Any idea why I need to take 2x500mg of antibiotics the night before? I am kinda worried about this. 200mg usually makes my stomach a bit upset even with food. And now 1000mg? I've voiced concerns to the staff but as long as I wasn't allergic they wanted me to go ahead. Seems more reasonable if I could take one tomorrow morning and one tomorrow night? Any thoughts?
Honestly, I wouldn't take advice from an online forum concerning medications over the advice of my RE, especially since you've already brought up your concerns and they would like you to proceed as directed. I'd just stick with the plan and keep your fingers crossed that the 1000mg doesn't upset your stomach any more than a lower dose... Good luck with your HSG!

September 4th, 2012, 12:00 pm #4

Thanks ladies! DH pointed out I will be meeting with the Dr. prior to taking the antibiotics this evening so I figured we can figure out the rationale and reason and move from there.

I already hit the panic button I guess and I was doing so good with going with the flow!

September 4th, 2012, 1:45 pm #5

Anytime they go up into the uterus via the vagina. I took doxycycline with each of my saline hysterosonograms and with my operative hysteroscopy. The Czech clinic where I cycled didn't give doxy with tx's, which some U.S. clinics do, and that made me nervous. But I've never heard of a patient there getting a uterine infection, so they must know their business. Take care, Maggie (in VA)

September 4th, 2012, 7:16 pm #6

Thanks ladies! DH pointed out I will be meeting with the Dr. prior to taking the antibiotics this evening so I figured we can figure out the rationale and reason and move from there.

I already hit the panic button I guess and I was doing so good with going with the flow!
I took that for my HSG's because it is the only antibiotic that doesn't wreck my stomach. RE said it was fine. Good luck at the HSG!

xoxo, Tracy