allergies?

allergies?

March 8th, 2013, 10:59 pm #1

If the donor states that she has severe allergy to dust and pollen...how bad is that for the recipient? I mean allergies are inherited? so the child will also have severe allergy?

thanks
gisg

Dee
Dee

March 8th, 2013, 11:04 pm #2

Most people do have allergies to something. Dust and pollen allergies are extremely common. Also, people may be more prone to allergies depending on where they live. If you live in an area with lots of pollen in the air, it will be more of a problem for you if you are allergic.

CocoBoston
CocoBoston

March 8th, 2013, 11:40 pm #3

Allergies seem to come and go. Had them as a kid but none now. Other people grow into them.

FWIW - I own a small preschool and can tell you that over the past decade I've seen allergies bloom...increased numbers of kids with allergies to nuts, gluten, soy, dairy, pollen and multitude others. Often the parents say they have no or few allergies...

cocoboston
cocoboston

March 9th, 2013, 3:49 pm #4

meaning the parents have no known allergies!

March 9th, 2013, 6:08 pm #5

If the donor states that she has severe allergy to dust and pollen...how bad is that for the recipient? I mean allergies are inherited? so the child will also have severe allergy?

thanks
gisg
Egg donor mentioned no allergies. My daughter is allergic to peanuts, stone fruits, bananas, avocados and pineapple. Of the environmental allergies for which she was tested, she had no allergies. Not epigenetics at play - I have none of these allergies. Not an answer but wanted to share our experience. Son's been spared thank goodness.

March 10th, 2013, 7:28 am #6