advice about donors needed (E&H input appreciated)

advice about donors needed (E&H input appreciated)

July 25th, 2011, 8:21 pm #1

I had picked a donor I really liked and have been waiting to cycle. She has her own child, is 21yo. I went in for baseline and she had a thickining and a cyst. The figured they would keep us both on lupron and give her some time. Now 2 weeks later she has 2 cysts, no period and a thick lining. They asked me what I wanted to do. The only other donor I like is 28yo with 3 kids..youngest is 18 mons. They are willing to do the bloodwork on #2 while continuing to wait on #1. What would you do? Wait for the younger, more attractive donor...even if it takes awhile, go for #2, or wait for another? I really wanted someone younger than 28 so I could have frozens. Neither have ever cycled. What can happen if donor #1 has a recent or present cyst and cycles? The RE says the cyst are too small to aspirate and we both did a month of bcps.

Anonymous
Anonymous

July 25th, 2011, 9:36 pm #2

you are ready to cycle over and over:(

minniet
minniet

July 25th, 2011, 10:03 pm #3

As someone who went through my first donation with a friend, who had a child...I discovered this in no way means she is proven. It just means she is fertile. But a lot of people just do not do well on stims. I had many chemical pregnancies and a miscarriage with my own eggs, but nothing doing from my fresh and frozen de cycle.

We had to start all over. I dreaded it, because I knew that the agency route would be tough -- tough to find a donor, tough to find a good agency who was ethical...

I even changed drs, and one of the reasons is the RE I was working with first demanded we use a proven donor and then got all casual about it. I felt like, well, what does it matter to him if an unproven donor does not work out? It's just another $18,000 cycle! I changed to a doc who personally screens every donor and he ended up rejecting several we put forward. He would not accept unproven, or a gal with children as proven for us. He also does immune stuff, and we wanted someone who would pull out all the stops, so that was another reason we changed.

Trust me, you want to give yourself the very best chance.

July 25th, 2011, 11:40 pm #4

I had picked a donor I really liked and have been waiting to cycle. She has her own child, is 21yo. I went in for baseline and she had a thickining and a cyst. The figured they would keep us both on lupron and give her some time. Now 2 weeks later she has 2 cysts, no period and a thick lining. They asked me what I wanted to do. The only other donor I like is 28yo with 3 kids..youngest is 18 mons. They are willing to do the bloodwork on #2 while continuing to wait on #1. What would you do? Wait for the younger, more attractive donor...even if it takes awhile, go for #2, or wait for another? I really wanted someone younger than 28 so I could have frozens. Neither have ever cycled. What can happen if donor #1 has a recent or present cyst and cycles? The RE says the cyst are too small to aspirate and we both did a month of bcps.
whatever way you get your baby get your baby

July 25th, 2011, 11:58 pm #5

give her provera to bring on her period??? The 2 small cysts are most likely follicles and will go with prolonged use of lupron but would go much quicker with provera. It does happen sometimes and I know its hard but to be honest if that is the girl you are really happy with I would stick it out. FWIW my friend donated for another friend of mine and she was 34 at the time and got 34 eggs, age is not always relative especially when ladies are in their 20's as to the number of eggs they will produce and having their own child is as a previous poster said nothing like being a proven donor. Personally, I would wait if you are totally happy with the donor you chose in the first place and if I did change her I would go to a proven donor rather than another unproven because you will definitely beat yourself up if you change donors and fail. Good luck.

July 26th, 2011, 2:15 am #6

July 26th, 2011, 9:13 am #7

give her provera to bring on her period??? The 2 small cysts are most likely follicles and will go with prolonged use of lupron but would go much quicker with provera. It does happen sometimes and I know its hard but to be honest if that is the girl you are really happy with I would stick it out. FWIW my friend donated for another friend of mine and she was 34 at the time and got 34 eggs, age is not always relative especially when ladies are in their 20's as to the number of eggs they will produce and having their own child is as a previous poster said nothing like being a proven donor. Personally, I would wait if you are totally happy with the donor you chose in the first place and if I did change her I would go to a proven donor rather than another unproven because you will definitely beat yourself up if you change donors and fail. Good luck.
They are willing to give her provera if I were to suggest it ( I am an NP) but said that a lot of times giving them the provera screws the cycle up even further. At this point if you think it would work, I can ask them to try it. I guess we are all hoping with lupron things will calm down and her period will come.