Additional testing after failed DE (MC ment)

Additional testing after failed DE (MC ment)

February 27th, 2012, 7:17 pm #1

So it looks like I have an empty sac on US at 6 weeks. I had a FET on Feb 3 with a positive increasing betas and I had a failed fresh transfer in December. Donor was 26 and proven. I am now waiting for the WTF call from the doctor.

Before I go any further I want more testing. It only makes sense since I got the same results with DE as I did with OE. Fertilization was the same (5 of 8 eggs fertilized) four made it to days three but only 2 were 8 cells on day 3 the other two were 5 and 6 cell. Again, only a slight improvement over my OE results. I had one chemical with OE IVF but I had a natural pregnancy last summer with heart beat at 6 weeks and MC at 8 weeks.

Tests I have had after my earlier MCs:
prolactin
TSH (this has been test a couple of times)
Protein S Antigen
Protein C antigen
Factor V mutation
prothombin G202IDA mutation
Lupus Anticoagulant
Antiphospholipid Ab-anticardio Isotype IgG and Isotype IgM
Homocystein

All tests came back negative or within normal limits.

My HSG, saline sonograms, and chlamydia culture all came back fine. I have no history of endo or short or long cycles. All around I am pretty healthy. (Except for the 40 pounds I have gained over the last three years due to stress).

I am looking for suggestions for additional steps I should take before I do this all over again - if I do this all over again.

Thanks in advanced for any help you all can offer. I really appreciate your support.

anon for now
anon for now

February 27th, 2012, 7:35 pm #2

I am so, so sorry. I have been hoping that you would have good news as our stories have been somewhat similar. I also had a BFN with 2 "perfect embryos" on the fresh cycle and will do our FET next week as well as a early MC last year with OE. I know that it could just be bad luck but I still felt the need to at least change something for the frozen. We also did all the testing which essentially came back negative except for a mildly elevated ANA which is very nonspecific. For my FET, we are going to add prednisone and doxycycline to see if this helps with implantation and on my own I am adding Pepcid/Claritin which is a protocol from CCRM. After the failed fresh transfer, we did a phone consult with CCRM as we were quite frustrated with Boston IVF and that was a suggestion. Basically I just told my doctor in Boston what I wanted to do and he actually listened.
For now, take some time for yourself....it is okay to be sad and cry because it feels really unfair.

February 27th, 2012, 7:38 pm #3

So it looks like I have an empty sac on US at 6 weeks. I had a FET on Feb 3 with a positive increasing betas and I had a failed fresh transfer in December. Donor was 26 and proven. I am now waiting for the WTF call from the doctor.

Before I go any further I want more testing. It only makes sense since I got the same results with DE as I did with OE. Fertilization was the same (5 of 8 eggs fertilized) four made it to days three but only 2 were 8 cells on day 3 the other two were 5 and 6 cell. Again, only a slight improvement over my OE results. I had one chemical with OE IVF but I had a natural pregnancy last summer with heart beat at 6 weeks and MC at 8 weeks.

prolactin
Protein S Antigen
Protein C antigen
Factor V mutation
Lupus Anticoagulant
Homocystein

My HSG, saline sonograms, and chlamydia culture all came back fine. I have no history of endo or short or long cycles. All around I am pretty healthy. (Except for the 40 pounds I have gained over the last three years due to stress).

I am looking for suggestions for additional steps I should take before I do this all over again - if I do this all over again.

Thanks in advanced for any help you all can offer. I really appreciate your support.
I'm sorry this cycle didn't end well. I can't advise on testing, but am sending you a {Hug}. Maggie (in VA)

February 27th, 2012, 7:42 pm #4

prolactin
Protein S Antigen
Protein C antigen
Factor V mutation
Lupus Anticoagulant
Homocystein

I wish I had some ideas. If you haven't posted on the pink board, do that as well, because there you will hear how people found success. Hang in there. I can only imagine how hard and confusing this is.

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

February 27th, 2012, 8:30 pm #5

prolactin
Protein S Antigen
Protein C antigen
Factor V mutation
Lupus Anticoagulant
Homocystein

I'm so sorry Seymo. I'm sorry I cannot offer any advice about m/c testing. Have you considered crossposting on the pink and/or green boards? There are definitely people on those boards with repeated miscarriages/failures. I'm sure they would offer some guidance. some of them also pop over to this board too. I hope your RE will have some ideas.

Take care of yourself. I hope time will ease the pain. I know from experience that nothing I say will help with that, time and moving on to plan the next cycle seem to be the only things that help me.

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 27th, 2012, 8:35 pm #6

prolactin
Protein S Antigen
Protein C antigen
Factor V mutation
Lupus Anticoagulant
Homocystein

Since you got the same results using DE and OE, I wonder if there might be something wrong on DH side?

Anonymous
Anonymous

February 27th, 2012, 9:41 pm #7

prolactin
Protein S Antigen
Protein C antigen
Factor V mutation
Lupus Anticoagulant
Homocystein

I would see if they can test the sac for chromosome abnormalities? I believe BBG had this done when she had an empty sac/ blighted ovum. Not sure if you need a D&C for this or if you can m/c naturally and save the sac for testing (sorry to even have to bring it up).

Honestly it sounds like an embryo issue from the way things develop. Ya I would get your DH tested for sperm fragmentation, you can send off for the test directly from the SCSA lab since SG probably won't help with this. It also could have just been a bad cycle. If I remember correctly your cycle was rushed, donor may have been triggered early, and transfer done early so the clinic could close for Christmas break. Also see if they will tell you what happened with the other recipient(s).

February 28th, 2012, 1:17 am #8

prolactin
Protein S Antigen
Protein C antigen
Factor V mutation
Lupus Anticoagulant
Homocystein

(((seymo))) I'm so sorry to hear your news. (n/t)

February 28th, 2012, 2:20 am #9

prolactin
Protein S Antigen
Protein C antigen
Factor V mutation
Lupus Anticoagulant
Homocystein

OH heck I am so sorry Seymo. (Said in a very caring tone). See what everyone says. I see you have had a lot of testing already done. Sorry to be so ignorant but was your donor proven and is your man's swimmers good?
See where I am going...? I don't think its you Seymo. I'd now look elsewhere but again see what other write to you.
I am very sorry to read your post, thinking of you, THK

futurebeauty
futurebeauty

February 28th, 2012, 2:58 am #10

prolactin
Protein S Antigen
Protein C antigen
Factor V mutation
Lupus Anticoagulant
Homocystein

It seems as though we are on the same path. We both need to discover other reasons as to why we keep miscarrying our babies besides bad eggs. I am going to get the book by Dr Beers and really read through it and discuss it w/ my RE to help uncover my mystery.

I briefly read over your list and it looks pretty good to me. In the next few wks, I will research more and let you know what I learn but today I can just take some baby steps.

I am so sorry that you are going through all of this pain and disappointment. I hope it gets better for the both of us.

(((Hugs)))
FB