a little nervous about my new protocol

a little nervous about my new protocol

January 5th, 2011, 4:56 pm #1

I think they might let me cycle when I can cycle later.

But the thing is, it's hard to be optimistic because something ALWAYS GOES WRONG.

I told them I had side-effects on the lupron but I was willing to take it because--well, I'll do anything for a baby (although that's not what I said!)

So they said to stop taking lupron and go back on aygestin and tell them when I can cycle and they'll tell me what to do.

They said the aygestin would suppress me instead of the lupron.

The thing is--I think I ovulated on aygesting (which is a progesterin only bcp)--all I know is I had an LH surge and mittleschmerz.

Something must have happened because I was on lupron and had progesterone in my system...I say this tentatively because frankly, I don't think I know the medical stuff behind this process--only the basics.

I'm not sure if I should remind the doctor of this. I really don't want to be on the lupron. I hate lupron. I'm worried what it would do to me to be on it for 7 weeks more.

I mean, obviously I'll do it.

Anyway, please keep your fingers crossed I don't ovulate this time. I feel my ovaries tingling. I know that sounds absurd. But I stopped lupron last night and started aygestin.

I'm nervous. I just don't think I could take it if I get the time off AGAIN and it all goes wrong like it did this time.

Last edited by arive on January 5th, 2011, 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

January 5th, 2011, 5:10 pm #2

For example, would donor embryos give me a better chance of success?

I'm on this track and I don't want to get off because I just feel like so many things could go wrong with my finances and insurance.

But it's so crazy because we're talking frozen eggs here. What are my chances? Probably less than 20%.

Who knows what can go wrong.

Still, I'm just going for it...just because it's a bird in the hand.

I hope I'm not being an idiot. At some point, age-wise my insurance might cut me off and that makes me nervous.

thesameboat
thesameboat

January 5th, 2011, 8:57 pm #3

I think they might let me cycle when I can cycle later.

But the thing is, it's hard to be optimistic because something ALWAYS GOES WRONG.

I told them I had side-effects on the lupron but I was willing to take it because--well, I'll do anything for a baby (although that's not what I said!)

So they said to stop taking lupron and go back on aygestin and tell them when I can cycle and they'll tell me what to do.

They said the aygestin would suppress me instead of the lupron.

The thing is--I think I ovulated on aygesting (which is a progesterin only bcp)--all I know is I had an LH surge and mittleschmerz.

Something must have happened because I was on lupron and had progesterone in my system...I say this tentatively because frankly, I don't think I know the medical stuff behind this process--only the basics.

I'm not sure if I should remind the doctor of this. I really don't want to be on the lupron. I hate lupron. I'm worried what it would do to me to be on it for 7 weeks more.

I mean, obviously I'll do it.

Anyway, please keep your fingers crossed I don't ovulate this time. I feel my ovaries tingling. I know that sounds absurd. But I stopped lupron last night and started aygestin.

I'm nervous. I just don't think I could take it if I get the time off AGAIN and it all goes wrong like it did this time.
no advice but want to tell you that I'm hoping for you! nt

January 5th, 2011, 10:30 pm #4

since it involves a lot of medical choices and things I don't really have that much experience with...I guess I can't help but ask about it.

I don't know how people know as much as they do about medications and cycles. I never went through IVF so this might be why I don't know that much. I did some IUIs.