A little bummed

A little bummed

December 19th, 2011, 4:28 pm #1

We only got 5 mature eggs (21 follicles, 14 retrieved, 7 eggs for our split, 5 mature). I would bet a million dollars that they were forced into triggering early because of all of the scheduling issues. This result is similar to the egg counts I got with all of my OE IVFs (I would get between 10-6) so its hard to get excited/hopeful when the likely-hood of having some frozens are so slim. I only ever got a fert rate of 60% so going by that history I should expect 3 to fertilize.

To add insult to injury, my airfare was $1600. Yup. That's what you get for trying to get home the day before Christmas eve.

Also I now have a rash from my first dose of PIO. What a PITA!

Anonymous
Anonymous

December 19th, 2011, 4:52 pm #2

That's not bad for a split, maybe transfer three if you want twins. Good luck!

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

December 19th, 2011, 5:12 pm #3

We only got 5 mature eggs (21 follicles, 14 retrieved, 7 eggs for our split, 5 mature). I would bet a million dollars that they were forced into triggering early because of all of the scheduling issues. This result is similar to the egg counts I got with all of my OE IVFs (I would get between 10-6) so its hard to get excited/hopeful when the likely-hood of having some frozens are so slim. I only ever got a fert rate of 60% so going by that history I should expect 3 to fertilize.

To add insult to injury, my airfare was $1600. Yup. That's what you get for trying to get home the day before Christmas eve.

((hugs)) I really hope one or two of those eggs become your miracles. Will they ICSI them? With the three to one program you have to do ICSI. It is possible to get 80% + fertilization with the ICSI. I hope tomorrow fertilization report will bring good news. have you made a decision about how many to transfer. That is awful about the price to change the airline tickets...so unfair that they do that. Is that just one ticket or two. Sorry about the rash. have you used PIO before? Is this the first time you have had an issue with it?

Dee.S
Dee.S

December 19th, 2011, 6:19 pm #4

By the time it got down to transfer only 2 out of the 3 left could be transplanted. I said to myself that day "If 2 is all I got, then 2 is all I need" Those 2 turned into boy/girl twins. I know its hard to be optimistic but there are many stories of success on this board in similiar situations. So I am excited and can't wait for your transfer!

December 19th, 2011, 8:13 pm #5

you are still in the game. I really don't think it parallels to your OE tries. I still think your chances are better now.

Hoping for you.

December 19th, 2011, 8:22 pm #6

((hugs)) I really hope one or two of those eggs become your miracles. Will they ICSI them? With the three to one program you have to do ICSI. It is possible to get 80% + fertilization with the ICSI. I hope tomorrow fertilization report will bring good news. have you made a decision about how many to transfer. That is awful about the price to change the airline tickets...so unfair that they do that. Is that just one ticket or two. Sorry about the rash. have you used PIO before? Is this the first time you have had an issue with it?
I just have a bad feeling. They are doing ICSI (which I have had done with previous OE IVF).

The plane tickets are one-way for me and DH. I had to cancel one leg of the trip because of the new schedule and this is the only way to get home before xmas eve. I told him he doesn't have to come but he is insisting. I think he is scared I will pull an octo-mom on him if I go by myself (put all the embryos back in). Ha. He knows me too well.

It is funny about the PIO. I have always done it with no more than the usual problems - pain, bruising etc. But after the last cycle I developed a rash at the end (after two weeks and the BFN). This time within 12 hours of the first shot I have a red hot itchy cheek. I hope I am not allergic but I guess I will find out tonight after my next shot.

SMRC
SMRC

December 19th, 2011, 8:52 pm #7

Focus on quality and if it helps at all, we generally have no or low fertilization due to my DH's high frag and with ICSI + our donor, we got a very high %, so you may find you get very different results here too. Fingers crossed for you. SMRC

December 19th, 2011, 9:12 pm #8

And I'm sorry about the airfare screwage! I loved Dee's story. Take care, Maggie (in VA)

December 19th, 2011, 10:28 pm #9

I just have a bad feeling. They are doing ICSI (which I have had done with previous OE IVF).

The plane tickets are one-way for me and DH. I had to cancel one leg of the trip because of the new schedule and this is the only way to get home before xmas eve. I told him he doesn't have to come but he is insisting. I think he is scared I will pull an octo-mom on him if I go by myself (put all the embryos back in). Ha. He knows me too well.

It is funny about the PIO. I have always done it with no more than the usual problems - pain, bruising etc. But after the last cycle I developed a rash at the end (after two weeks and the BFN). This time within 12 hours of the first shot I have a red hot itchy cheek. I hope I am not allergic but I guess I will find out tonight after my next shot.
I had terrible itching and welts after a few days on PIO. I think it was in cottonseed oil. I called the clinic and they changed me to an olive oil base. That eventually made me itch too, but by that time I was nearly done with the shots. Anyway, there are different bases, so just ask. It may be that yours is in a different base this time, or you may have developed an allergy. Good luck!

December 19th, 2011, 11:20 pm #10

I only got 5 and dang it 5 fertilized and were still growing on day 5! So you just never know! But I know what you mean you always hope for better... Wishing you well!

ks

Last edited by ks1415 on December 19th, 2011, 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.