a bit confused of timing and cycle

a bit confused of timing and cycle

jmassage
jmassage

September 1st, 2012, 5:56 pm #1

So we met with donor coordinator yesterday. We have picked our donor and she is available. We have to go through the matching process. So I got my period today. I will call Monday and have to go in for bloodwork, hsg,etc. She informed me that they like to sync my cycle up with the donors so they put us on birth control then lupron. I know lupron is so I don't ovulate, but why do I have to go on bc pills?? My second question is, when all said and done, how far from today (first day of period) will the transfer be?? Are we talking the end of this month or a few months?? I'm confused by the timing. She explained this all to me yesterday but I still wasn't getting it and I had soo many questions. Thanks.

jmassage
jmassage

September 1st, 2012, 6:05 pm #2

I meant to mention that I have to go on estrace to make sure my lining thickens first. A mock cycle. So will the actual transfer take place with next months cycle or this one. Hope this makes sense

Anonymous
Anonymous

September 1st, 2012, 9:27 pm #3

Birth control pills are to synce up, about three months to transfer..

September 1st, 2012, 10:39 pm #4

I meant to mention that I have to go on estrace to make sure my lining thickens first. A mock cycle. So will the actual transfer take place with next months cycle or this one. Hope this makes sense
When I started it was in May. We chose the donor in July and my actual cycle with hopeful tranfer is finally happening the end of this month. I would say 3 months is about right depending on how fast all the pretesting can by done. I wanted it to be so much quicker but one thing I learned is that this is not a sprint but a marathon. Keep us posted on your progress & good luck!

September 2nd, 2012, 12:35 am #5

So we met with donor coordinator yesterday. We have picked our donor and she is available. We have to go through the matching process. So I got my period today. I will call Monday and have to go in for bloodwork, hsg,etc. She informed me that they like to sync my cycle up with the donors so they put us on birth control then lupron. I know lupron is so I don't ovulate, but why do I have to go on bc pills?? My second question is, when all said and done, how far from today (first day of period) will the transfer be?? Are we talking the end of this month or a few months?? I'm confused by the timing. She explained this all to me yesterday but I still wasn't getting it and I had soo many questions. Thanks.
..although it could be a little shorter. Looking back at my records, I started my mock on December 28th and had my transfer exactly 3 months later on March 28th. We had a few delays in between and I didn't sync up with my donor (the sole reason for BCPs) until after my mock, so I bet if you're lucky and everything looks good, you could potentially finish up in 2 months.

Best of luck!

September 3rd, 2012, 6:11 am #6

I thought it would go a bit quicker too. It takes time to get the donor ready and the clinic schedule all in order and sync you with your donor. In the meantime they put you on BCP to keep your hormones stable, no ovulating. Wishingyou luck.