A belated thank you to thesameboat,Ariadne,keifel,Renata,Jen,Leeba,Lauranz,and MrsMcIrish

A belated thank you to thesameboat,Ariadne,keifel,Renata,Jen,Leeba,Lauranz,and MrsMcIrish

November 15th, 2014, 10:51 pm #1

I just wanted to make sure I thanked you all for you kind words back in Sept. I've been in a bit of a haze and didn't realize that I hadn't posted back on that thread
http://www.network54.com/Forum/247611/t ... 2C+KarenGH

I ended up having an ectopic pregnancy and I've posted about it elsewhere, so you may or may not have seen my follow-up. I've finally just gotten back to a "negative" beta on Thursday after getting methotrexate shots and enduring weeks and weeks of b/w. This was one of the hardest things I've ever had to deal with and I am still having a very hard time with the grief and anger about it. It took me many years to move on and use donated embryos. Ever since my first positive pregnancy test, I had been so in love already. My DH was so excited. We just didn't see this coming.

Although we will never know for certain, based on the events and b/w, it appears possible that both of my transferred embryos implanted, one in the uterus and one in the tube. We will never know for certain.

I've had a hard time with the side effects of the MTX shot, but hopefully I will recover enough to be able to cycle in a few months if I am fortunate enough to match with another batch of embryos at Co oper.

Again, thank you, and I hope I do get another chance to join this board next year.

KarenGH
Last edited by krgh on August 21st, 2016, 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

November 16th, 2014, 1:44 am #2

I'm so sorry that you have had to endure such a heart break. Especially after the high of the bfp. I wish you luck on your next cycle and that you get some good donated embies from cooper.

November 16th, 2014, 4:00 am #3

I just wanted to make sure I thanked you all for you kind words back in Sept. I've been in a bit of a haze and didn't realize that I hadn't posted back on that thread

I ended up having an ectopic pregnancy and I've posted about it elsewhere, so you may or may not have seen my follow-up. I've finally just gotten back to a "negative" beta on Thursday after getting methotrexate shots and enduring weeks and weeks of b/w. This was one of the hardest things I've ever had to deal with and I am still having a very hard time with the grief and anger about it. It took me many years to move on and use donated embryos. Ever since my first positive pregnancy test, I had been so in love already. My DH was so excited. We just didn't see this coming.

Although we will never know for certain, based on the events and b/w, it appears possible that both of my transferred embryos implanted, one in the uterus and one in the tube. We will never know for certain.

I've had a hard time with the side effects of the MTX shot, but hopefully I will recover enough to be able to cycle in a few months if I am fortunate enough to match with another batch of embryos at Co oper.

Again, thank you, and I hope I do get another chance to join this board next year.

KarenGH
Karen aka Ginger, I'm not around as much as I used to be & I can't respond as often as I would like, but I am truly rooting for you. So many women who have traveled difficult paths make it to the other side & I want that for you. I hope to see you posting soon & I am truly sorry for the heartbreak you have endured. Please hang in there & as someone who did not have a smooth DE path, I mean that from the bottom of my heart. Hang in there & don't give up.

November 17th, 2014, 5:20 am #4

KarenGH
I'm so sorry for your loss. It's just awful to experience especially when it took so much to even get those elusive 2 lines. I hope you are feeling better physically soon and get another chance with more embryos. Hugs((()))

November 17th, 2014, 5:57 am #5

KarenGH
This path to achieving our beautiful little babes. I'm sorry for what you've been going through. The hope of an embryo sticking followed by BEING PREGNANT!! To the loss of hope with losing that precious baby...is just so hard. I never felt so bereft as my chemical pregnancy, it was worse that losing my first pregnancy at 17 weeks, just because I felt an overwhelming loss of hope. Then I decided to use DE, which restored some hope again. I wish you a short road back to a place where you can try again soon!

November 17th, 2014, 3:04 pm #6

KarenGH
and I hope you're recovering as well as can be expected. And I know you loved this baby. I understand that. This process is all so horribly unfair sometimes. Stay strong.