6 week ultrasound - (pg/ment)

6 week ultrasound - (pg/ment)

movingforwardhappily!
movingforwardhappily!

November 1st, 2010, 10:19 am #1

Hi everyone,

Well after lots of anxiety we finally made it our ultrasound appointment at exactly 6 weeks today where we saw one little bean with a heart beat...not strong enough yet to measure but certainly there. Apparently everything was on target exactly for where it should be. I have no symptoms whatsoever although I did have a headache and tiredness for a few days at the beginning of week 5. It all feels very surreal and not really happening. I am however feeling very very grateful that we have got this far on our first cycle. We went to Cape Town Fertility and our donor was 22 year old non proven.

Next scan is at 7 weeks and a half...9 days of worrying ahead.

Best wishes to all,
MFH

November 1st, 2010, 11:38 am #2

How wonderful! I'm so happy for you! It does feel all a little unreal still doesn't it?! But it's good! You're PREGNANT!!! Wishing you a very happy and healthy pregnancy!

All my very best!

ks

movingforwardhappily!
movingforwardhappily!

November 1st, 2010, 11:41 am #3

Hi KS I also really really wanted twins as I am one and if everything had gone to plan I would be on kid 2 by now! However I have to say that with the anxiety levels I already have I think a single is good...However I can say this with the luck of having 3 excellent blasts on ice....

Still hoping for you and twins though..Are you coping with the wait?

November 1st, 2010, 1:36 pm #4

I'm doing good! I seem to have no symptoms and then the afternoon hits! I hit a wall of sleepiness! I've gotten a few bouts of nausea, but it's always just minor and right after I've eaten. I'll take it though! It's good reassurance that something is definitely happening in there! I have 11 days until my u/s. It seems like an eternity away.

I've got (natural identical) twin nephews, so it would have been super fun to have had 2 at our house as well! But y'know I'll take what I can get after 7 years! I'm just so happy to have made it this far! Keep us all posted on how everything is going. Thinking of you and your little bean!

All my best!

ks

Lu
Lu

November 1st, 2010, 1:56 pm #5

Hi everyone,

Well after lots of anxiety we finally made it our ultrasound appointment at exactly 6 weeks today where we saw one little bean with a heart beat...not strong enough yet to measure but certainly there. Apparently everything was on target exactly for where it should be. I have no symptoms whatsoever although I did have a headache and tiredness for a few days at the beginning of week 5. It all feels very surreal and not really happening. I am however feeling very very grateful that we have got this far on our first cycle. We went to Cape Town Fertility and our donor was 22 year old non proven.

Best wishes to all,
MFH
I am so very excited for you!! Congratulations on your ultrasound and I'm looking forward to hearing your future updates!! Enjoy, you are preggers!!
Lu

Catherine
Catherine

November 1st, 2010, 3:37 pm #6

Hi everyone,

Best wishes to all,
MFH
I am so glad you saw the heartbeat, the risk of m/c goes down quite dramatically once you have.

I didn't really get any symptoms apart from cramping until about 7 weeks. If you aren't feeling sick yet enjoy, that is the worst part of pregnancy!

Hoping all continues to go well,

Catherine

November 1st, 2010, 3:45 pm #7

for all your advice and support! We saw the heartbeat at the early stages and the Dr said that even if we came back in a couple of days it would be a lot stronger. I am actually beginning to think this may just happen which is pretty exciting since we have been trying for close to 4yrs:-)

How are you doing?

Best,
MFH

November 1st, 2010, 3:45 pm #8

I am so very excited for you!! Congratulations on your ultrasound and I'm looking forward to hearing your future updates!! Enjoy, you are preggers!!
Lu
much for your kind works Lu.
Best,
MFH

November 1st, 2010, 5:14 pm #9

Hi everyone,

Best wishes to all,
MFH
Congratulations on your ultrasound and seeing your little bean. Isn't wonderful to see their little heart fluttering away!? Hope you have a smooth and easy pregnancy.

thesameboat
thesameboat

November 1st, 2010, 8:19 pm #10

Hi everyone,

Best wishes to all,
MFH
Now remind everybody after you about not having symptoms this early!

So happy for you! Good luck to you!