4 days post transfer and feel my period coming

4 days post transfer and feel my period coming

November 20th, 2011, 8:07 pm #1

Hi everyone,

I am so scared right now and feel so alone. I transferred 2 beautiful embryos on Weds. and the Dr. gave me a 75% chance of getting pregnant. Today is the 5th day post transfer and all I feel are the dull aches in my lower abdomen of my period coming. I am so discouraged and sad and just wanted to reach out to others who are going through the same thing as me.

Thanks for listening. I feel so crazy right now and unless you have been through this struggle, noone really seems to understand.

Katie

SMRC
SMRC

November 20th, 2011, 8:20 pm #2

Could this possibly be a good sign and implantation cramping? In any case, I do think you should get on the phone to your clinic ASAP (so that they can at least check progesterone levels? perhaps these need to be upped!)? Hang in there. SMRC

November 20th, 2011, 8:23 pm #3

Hi everyone,

I am so scared right now and feel so alone. I transferred 2 beautiful embryos on Weds. and the Dr. gave me a 75% chance of getting pregnant. Today is the 5th day post transfer and all I feel are the dull aches in my lower abdomen of my period coming. I am so discouraged and sad and just wanted to reach out to others who are going through the same thing as me.

Thanks for listening. I feel so crazy right now and unless you have been through this struggle, noone really seems to understand.

Katie
I had 8 transfers (including OE) in total and I ALWAYS was sure I was about to start my period and kept running to the bathroom to check. But if your progesterone levels are high enough (and they should be because of the meds) it's not possible to have your period, whether you're pregnant or not. The progesterone keeps the lining from shedding.

Please don't give up. The feeling you're having is perfectly normal and there is no way to know yet if you're pregnant.

I'm hoping for you.

Maggie
Maggie

November 20th, 2011, 9:28 pm #4

Hi everyone,

Katie
Try not to be too discouraged, you definitely still have a chance. I have felt that same way off and on since my transfer and I'm 9 weeks pregnant. So...it can be totally normal to feel that way and still be pregnant. Good luck, and keep us updated!

November 20th, 2011, 9:41 pm #5

Hi everyone,

Katie
Was when I had all that cramping. It was implantation cramping. If you're on high enough levels of progesterone, You're not going to have your period.

November 21st, 2011, 12:40 am #6

Hi everyone,

Katie
I always felt as though my period was coming too. I think that is a good sign and also can be all the meds. Your period will not come. ((())))

November 21st, 2011, 3:26 am #7

Hi everyone,

Katie
I was sure I was miscarrying. Didn't; have twins today. Hang in there! Maggie (in VA)

November 21st, 2011, 4:54 pm #8

Hi everyone,

Katie
Many women report that feeling in early pg. Hope you get a +!

Alex
Alex

November 21st, 2011, 11:06 pm #9

Hi everyone,

Katie
good sign do not give up

alex

November 22nd, 2011, 2:38 am #10

Hi everyone,

Katie
wishing you luck! stay optimistic. good luck nt