4 days after transfer - Negative :(

4 days after transfer - Negative :(

Anon7
Anon7

June 29th, 2011, 12:25 pm #1

I guess someone is going to have to break the roll we're on, and I'm suspecting it's going to be me. BOO! I hate this. If I don't have a + on HPT by Friday, I'm going to ask for a beta on Monday so I can stop all of these expensive meds. The Crinone was $843 for a 1 month supply.

I know you all will tell me it's "early" but realistically, this embryo would have emplanted in the first couple of days and be producing HCG by now. I've taken both EPT and Walgreens. One at 4am, on at 7am - both stark white.

Okay, so I brace myself and get on with the day. I've got a LOT of work to do at my job. After spending $41k so far in less than a year on this project, I need to make some cash. UGH. I'll probably cry at some point(s) today.

bigboy
bigboy

June 29th, 2011, 1:25 pm #2

the only reason im following your story is bc you were so nice to respond to my posts about DE : ) (im not usually lurking on this board)
BUT, im SORRY about your BFN!! does 4 dpt mean that you are 9 "dpo"? so...it is still early...if you peed on a frer i MIGHT be a tad (and just a taaaad) bit more pessimistic but the Walgreens and EPT arent as sensitive. - i think they detect like 25 mIu whereas the frers can detect as low as 6.3 and, with the frers, if the hcg is VERY low, it takes a minute for a line to show up. i would do a frer if you are testing that early...a lot of people dont get positives on those less sensitive tests, even the 25mIu ones, until like 11 dpo.

E&H
E&H

June 29th, 2011, 1:38 pm #3

I guess someone is going to have to break the roll we're on, and I'm suspecting it's going to be me. BOO! I hate this. If I don't have a + on HPT by Friday, I'm going to ask for a beta on Monday so I can stop all of these expensive meds. The Crinone was $843 for a 1 month supply.

I know you all will tell me it's "early" but realistically, this embryo would have emplanted in the first couple of days and be producing HCG by now. I've taken both EPT and Walgreens. One at 4am, on at 7am - both stark white.

Okay, so I brace myself and get on with the day. I've got a LOT of work to do at my job. After spending $41k so far in less than a year on this project, I need to make some cash. UGH. I'll probably cry at some point(s) today.
all my ladies get a positive on day 6, very few on day 7, none on day 4 or 5. Don't test tomorrow, try on 6 days past. Good luck.

June 29th, 2011, 2:45 pm #4

I have a friend that started testing at the same time as you. She did not get a positive HPT till 8dp5dt. She was ready to get a gestational carrier, because this was her second DE cycle and she felt it was just her. She had a beta of 136 on Monday, which was 9dp5dt and will have her second beta today.

Hang in there and believe in your embryo. You are it's momma and it needs you to believe.

June 29th, 2011, 2:55 pm #5

But I will say it again. It is too early. On my successful cycle, my beta at 15dpo was 36. At 12dpo (6dp6dt) it was only 4.7. An hpt usually needs at least 25 to show up. You're expecting waaay too much from your little embryo to be putting out an HcG of over 25 only a day after he could have implanted.

Give it a few days and then test again.

June 29th, 2011, 3:56 pm #6

If you're only 4dp5dt, then Monday will only be 9dp5dt, and it will also be Independence Day, so good luck getting a beta. Seriously, put down the pee sticks and stop torturing yourself. Listen to what the ladies here are telling you. My clinic told me to test at 14dp5dt. Even if you get a positive now, it might be a chemical. That happened to a board bud who started POAS early recently, and yeah, it's emotionally lots harder than a BFN. That's why it's really better to wait till whenever your clinic told you to test. {{Hugs}} Maggie (in VA)

June 29th, 2011, 4:42 pm #7

to say it is way too early to get a reliable result. Hang on a few more days. Yes, I've been there and I know first hand how you feel since the result of my first DE was BFN but there are so many here who get BFP's on their first cycle that I know it can truly happen - really it is too early to know yet. I am keeping hopeful for you. Take care Anon7

June 29th, 2011, 7:56 pm #8

You know I had twins but have you read I was BFN up until the AFTERNOON of 7dp5dt after transfer of a hatching blast and two others? And I even got a negative digital after a positive and was terrified it was another chemical. It is EARLY still! Most women are still negative at this point. Relax and keep having faith in your little embie. (Easier said than done, I know).

June 30th, 2011, 1:44 am #9

Try not to count yourself out just yet. I know how frustrating it can be when you invest so much time and money. But you are really doing more damage to yourself mentally by poas so early and often. There are 2 more days till the weekend, try to hold off till Saturday. This way you can give yourself a line in the sand and then come back to work next week hopefully thinking about maternity leave.
Wish you the best of luck.

Anon7
Anon7

June 30th, 2011, 2:17 am #10

We've all been there, and some of us are 'there'. It's just so hard. I'm bracing myself and what I really need is a good cry. I think I'll take a medium-hot shower and let out the worry and frustration. I know that I am lucky to have the 6 on ice in case this doesn't work, and I'm grateful for that.

BUT, I'm so exhausted - mentally, physically, financially. I need to keep all of the $$ I have and add to it, not toss more to these treatments. Clearly, I'm going to do a FET if this doesn't pan out. Another $3k ++ meds.

I will try to calm down and not be so negative. I just feel like I've been through the ringer. It is all consuming. I can't focus at work at ALL. I just need to know. Okay, I'm done for today. Going to shower and turn on my relaxation/ocean sounds tape. I've been playing this and some others a ton since the Saturday transfer trying to keep myself calm.

Good Evening All - and I'm very, very thankful for you!