3rd hCG

3rd hCG

Brigid
Brigid

May 3rd, 2011, 10:50 pm #1

See post below for my disappointing second hCG.

I got the results of my third today, and it was 468. This is 4 days post my first hCG of 164. The nurse called this time, and didn't seem the least bit concerned. She said they look for at least a 60% increase (over the 2 day beta, I guess) and mine was 65%, so that's fine. I said 'But, it's just barely enough," and she said, "yes, but it's good." So, she didn't scare me like the dr did on Sun. I feel better now, though I'd still like to get those numbers higher. That's beyond my control, though. I'm not aware of anything I could do to bring those numbers up! I have another test on Fri. It also made me nervous that I am suddenly feeling fine today -- no symptoms at all, (well, my breasts are sore, but they were during my negative cycles, also. That's the meds.) no more nausea. The nausea came and went with my last pregnancy, though, so I assume that's okay. I had no nausea or any symptoms at all until near the end of my first trimester with dd.

I did tell dd, and she didn't seem interested at all at first, but once she had time to absorb it, she started asking questions at bedtime. (Will I have to share my ipod? Can we share a bedroom? Will I get to see it being born? Does it kick you yet?) I told her I have a book with photos of babies in utero at different stages of the pregnancy, and she wanted to see that, so we looked at the photos at different stages, and I read her what it says about the current stage the embryo is at and she was very interested in that. (Maybe she's going to be an ob/gyn.) She liked looking at the baby clothes I bought the day I got my positive call and wants to help pick out more clothes for the baby. So, she is excited about it. I was a little worried after her initial reaction when I told her we were trying was so negative.

May 3rd, 2011, 11:37 pm #2

Glad to hear that your numbers are still looking good n/t

Mrs. M
Mrs. M

May 3rd, 2011, 11:42 pm #3

I got the results of my third today, and it was 468. This is 4 days post my first hCG of 164. The nurse called this time, and didn't seem the least bit concerned. She said they look for at least a 60% increase (over the 2 day beta, I guess) and mine was 65%, so that's fine. I said 'But, it's just barely enough," and she said, "yes, but it's good." So, she didn't scare me like the dr did on Sun. I feel better now, though I'd still like to get those numbers higher. That's beyond my control, though. I'm not aware of anything I could do to bring those numbers up! I have another test on Fri. It also made me nervous that I am suddenly feeling fine today -- no symptoms at all, (well, my breasts are sore, but they were during my negative cycles, also. That's the meds.) no more nausea. The nausea came and went with my last pregnancy, though, so I assume that's okay. I had no nausea or any symptoms at all until near the end of my first trimester with dd.

I did tell dd, and she didn't seem interested at all at first, but once she had time to absorb it, she started asking questions at bedtime. (Will I have to share my ipod? Can we share a bedroom? Will I get to see it being born? Does it kick you yet?) I told her I have a book with photos of babies in utero at different stages of the pregnancy, and she wanted to see that, so we looked at the photos at different stages, and I read her what it says about the current stage the embryo is at and she was very interested in that. (Maybe she's going to be an ob/gyn.) She liked looking at the baby clothes I bought the day I got my positive call and wants to help pick out more clothes for the baby. So, she is excited about it. I was a little worried after her initial reaction when I told her we were trying was so negative.
I hope I will follow in your footsteps and get good beta news tomorrow. It is so unfair that even after a BFP we cannot get off this crazy IF roller coaster. GL Friday!!

New2011
New2011

May 3rd, 2011, 11:43 pm #4

Very happy for you.

thesameboat
thesameboat

May 4th, 2011, 5:55 am #5

That's wonderful news, Brigid.

Brenda
Brenda

May 4th, 2011, 11:13 am #6

good news! congrats! will you have another beta? my omg, how many beta's will they make you do!!

Leigh888
Leigh888

May 4th, 2011, 12:46 pm #7

That's great news!

May 4th, 2011, 2:17 pm #8

I can imagine it's a pretty intense period, waiting to see those numbers go up. I think the nurse's attitude is indicative of her lack of worry or concern that there's anything wrong. I think that is a really good sign. I love the reaction of your daughter (especially the - Will I have to share my I-Pod question), and her building excitement.

Looking forward to hearing even more great news on Friday!

May 4th, 2011, 9:53 pm #9

Sounds like all is progressing nicely. Great news to hear Brigid.