33 year old donor? child ment

33 year old donor? child ment

July 16th, 2012, 2:16 am #1

I'm trying to cope with the disappointment of my failed FET by thinking about a fresh cycle. (Would have to get my DH to agree. Unlikely.) Anyway, the donor we used for the cycle that resulted in my DD was 28 at the time (good response and pregnancy) but would now be 33. Is it a bad idea to go back to her? I'd so appreciate any input...

demomone
demomone

July 16th, 2012, 2:33 am #2

was just turning 33..this was her sixth cycle..all cycles resulted in pregnancies and live births..She produced 37 eggs for us which turned into 25 day 5 and 6 blasts..I had to do three cycles to get pg and still have 15 left over. i had majaor issues with my lining but finally got it right.
I do not think age makes an issue..it would depend on her hormone levels and her health..especially at that age. Some may disagree with me but I felt fairly strongly about using an older donor for many different reasons.
Good luck to you and I am hoping you have luck in the near future.

July 16th, 2012, 11:31 am #3

So you did one fresh and 2 frozen? Why were some pushed to Day 6 and some not? Did you do the new vitrification freezing process or the old one? I froze in 2007 before vitrification and I think that may have had something to do with the BFN I just got.

BlessedThistle
BlessedThistle

July 16th, 2012, 2:33 pm #4

I don't know how many eggs were retrieved but 18 were frozen, I think 14 at 2pn and 4 at day 3 (this was in 1995). Even hanging around frozen for 13+ years with a thaw to culture to blast and refreeze, her eggs still led to two children for me - and three for the original couple, and two for the first embryo recipient.

I would go for it if her numbers are decent. Best to you!

demomone
demomone

July 16th, 2012, 5:28 pm #5

So you did one fresh and 2 frozen? Why were some pushed to Day 6 and some not? Did you do the new vitrification freezing process or the old one? I froze in 2007 before vitrification and I think that may have had something to do with the BFN I just got.
I believe they did vitrification on half of the 25 embryos..not sure..the clinic I used will only freeze blasts.

ks
ks

July 17th, 2012, 12:00 am #6

I'm trying to cope with the disappointment of my failed FET by thinking about a fresh cycle. (Would have to get my DH to agree. Unlikely.) Anyway, the donor we used for the cycle that resulted in my DD was 28 at the time (good response and pregnancy) but would now be 33. Is it a bad idea to go back to her? I'd so appreciate any input...
32 at the time of our cycle. I actually was more interested in older donors rather than younger. My first donor was 21 (I think) and her response was good but the eggs weren't very good...which led me to thinking she wasn't as diligent in her meds or as clean of a lifestyle as I was led to believe. My RE actually believes older donors tend to respond better and are past the point of immaturity...ie..drinking, missing appoinments, not taking their meds at the right time etc...
Just my 2 cents!
ks

July 17th, 2012, 10:30 am #7

never thought of that!

Dee
Dee

July 17th, 2012, 2:56 pm #8

32 at the time of our cycle. I actually was more interested in older donors rather than younger. My first donor was 21 (I think) and her response was good but the eggs weren't very good...which led me to thinking she wasn't as diligent in her meds or as clean of a lifestyle as I was led to believe. My RE actually believes older donors tend to respond better and are past the point of immaturity...ie..drinking, missing appoinments, not taking their meds at the right time etc...
Just my 2 cents!
ks
I do think there is some truth to that. I have wondered about the maturity factor myself.

momagain
momagain

July 20th, 2012, 10:06 pm #9

cycle worked for me. I froze all embryos and transferred 2 a couple of years later and have a beautiful ds. Heck, my first child was conceived at 32 when I had fertility issues.

GL