2ww lifting restrictions?

2ww lifting restrictions?

Maggie
Maggie

March 23rd, 2012, 7:02 pm #1

It's listed on my paperwork from my clinic to limit heavy lifting after the transer. Well...I have a 32 lb. toddler which makes that really difficult to avoid. Anyone have any experience on this? Sure, there are scenarios where I can limit it but completely eliminating it is next to impossible.

March 23rd, 2012, 7:59 pm #2

Just try to avoid it when you can, especially the first 48 hrs. I ended up hefting my suitcase during my 2ww, and I had twins from that cycle. Most women who conceive naturally aren't even aware they're pg during that time frame, so how likely is it that lifting would really abort a brand new pregnancy? Take care, Maggie (in VA)

smrc
smrc

March 24th, 2012, 12:38 pm #3

It's listed on my paperwork from my clinic to limit heavy lifting after the transer. Well...I have a 32 lb. toddler which makes that really difficult to avoid. Anyone have any experience on this? Sure, there are scenarios where I can limit it but completely eliminating it is next to impossible.
else who asked this question some time back on the other board (I believe it was on the over 40 board) and the responses were the same as the above poster - try to limit lifting to the extent you can, but you should be fine. Hope this gives you some comfort!

dee s.
dee s.

March 24th, 2012, 5:29 pm #4

This restriction carries over into pregnancy. My toddler was 2yr old and I taught him to climb into bed and into his high chair using a stool or another chair. I would stand by him and assist him by holding his arm. I did no lifting during my 2 week weight and during the pregnancy. I actually transitioned my 2yr old to a toddlers bed and out of the crib to avoid lifting him in and out of bed.

March 25th, 2012, 12:26 am #5

nt