When to take biotin (morning or night)?

When to take biotin (morning or night)?

February 10th, 2003, 10:19 pm #1

Since I had so much success with the MSM to reduce shedding I'm now going to get serious with biotin to speed up growth.
I have been taking 450mcg with my multi and hair vitamins for a while and I can't say it did much so far.
Today I got myself a package of 40 daily tablets with 5mg biotin each - I think I should be able to notice a difference, if there is any, by the time I finished the lot.

Now I think I remebered a post saying that large doses of biotin either make you sleepy or keep you awake (and thus should be taken in the evening, repectively in the morning). The trouble is that I'm not sure which one of the two it was, and I'm not even sure if it was biotin or a different supplement.

Does anyone happen to know?

TIA!

Cheers,
Madeleine

--
Pixie/BS/waist (if it wants to grow that far)
1cFi, dark ash blonde hennaed fiery red

February 10th, 2003, 10:40 pm #2

something Jade21 told us a long time ago and i can't remember all the details

but to take it at night because it will work better, not related to sleepiness or lack thereof

sorry i can't remember the details

Karen
6/26.5/36
2C N iii

February 10th, 2003, 10:57 pm #3

Since I had so much success with the MSM to reduce shedding I'm now going to get serious with biotin to speed up growth.
I have been taking 450mcg with my multi and hair vitamins for a while and I can't say it did much so far.
Today I got myself a package of 40 daily tablets with 5mg biotin each - I think I should be able to notice a difference, if there is any, by the time I finished the lot.

Now I think I remebered a post saying that large doses of biotin either make you sleepy or keep you awake (and thus should be taken in the evening, repectively in the morning). The trouble is that I'm not sure which one of the two it was, and I'm not even sure if it was biotin or a different supplement.

TIA!

Cheers,
Madeleine

--

27/19/20.25/as long as it will grow
2aFii

February 12th, 2003, 9:29 pm #4

TIA!

Cheers,
Madeleine

--

i take my prescription medicine at night and the doctor told me not to take vitamins at the same time. anyways, i haven't had a problem with being sleepy; in fact in my natural health magazine i remember reading that some of the b vitamins can increase your energy... who knows:)

-2a-bFii
-golden brown
-want to get some monoi and jojoba oil
-taking 1000 mcg of biotin, plan to get MSM soon

February 13th, 2003, 11:28 am #5

TIA!

Cheers,
Madeleine

--

the largest dose at night.
I try to take my
vits 3 times a day.
Morning, Afternoon, and
Evening (right before bed).

Hope this helps

[color=330066]betty
20 1/2 - 25 3/4 - 30
March 2001 - present
Light Buttery Honey blonde
1c2aM/Ciii
Medium to Coarse
Thick
My fav staight hair pic http://gallery.hairboutique.com/detail. ... 4&Go2=GO64
My fav wavy hair pic http://gallery.hairboutique.com/detail. ... 2&Go2=GO64
Hair Length Goals:
27 1/2 by Summer
30 by the Holidays[/color]

February 17th, 2003, 2:02 pm #6

TIA!

Cheers,
Madeleine

--

I've been taking the biotin at night for a week now and experienced no sleeping problems (well, at least not more than usual).
My shedding increased again though - not sure if that's related to the biotin, but I'll keep an eye on it ...

Cheers,
Madeleine

--