Star Wars Spin-Off movie no 1

Chimpo

04 Jun 2014, 18:04 #1

It's time to start the thread.

Director: Gareth Edwards
Script: Gary Whitta

Release date: Dec 16, 2016

And that's all we know so far
"I actually like Jaina/Jag best. Because they're such an imperfect fit, unstoppable force vs. unmoveable object, they challenge each other more and make one another cooler." Aaron Allston

Shinar

27 Aug 2014, 19:59 #2

One of these is supposed to be a Boba Fett movie or am I remembering wrong?

Somebody on Twitter pointed out that Fett has a grand total of 4 lines in the OT and if you add up all the characters in said lines you come to 133 characters aka less than what Twitter allows for a tweet.
“The movies will always be what brought us to this place, but these other stories kept us there. Most people just visited Star Wars. Fans that obsessed over the Expanded Universe lived there.” Phil Owen

T'Keira Lea

28 Aug 2014, 02:13 #3

I've noticed that Jen Heddle tweets a lot with Gary Whitta. The thing is I still feel like we need to know what Kasdan and Kinberg were working on to get the compass turning.

I feel like Kinberg is writing Han. They haven't confirmed Kasdan for anything so I'm wondering "is that the Boba movie?" Horn said the Fett movie was proving hard to make work. Anyway, it will be interesting for sure to see how these unfold. Because we need MORE things to speculate about.
“Bones is heading into its 7th year & there comes a point where you put up or shut up...You can’t extend that tension that long without your fans breaking." ~ Castle's creator

T'Keira Lea

21 Jan 2015, 03:13 #4

So some casting rumors break with standout female actresses!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... ing-764807
Sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Tatiana Maslany, the Canadian actress who stars as multiple replicants in BBC America's hit series Orphan Black, is testing for the female lead in the Star Wars spinoff that is being directed by Gareth Edwards.

Rooney Mara, who starred in the David Fincher version of Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, is also due to test this week among a handful of others, according to multiple sources.

Additionally Felicity Jones, who just received an Oscar nomination for best actress for her work in The Theory of Everything, is said to be on the want list, although there may be scheduling issues with Inferno, the Da Vinci Code sequel that Ron Howard is due to direct this spring and summer.
Now I'm intrigued...
“Bones is heading into its 7th year & there comes a point where you put up or shut up...You can’t extend that tension that long without your fans breaking." ~ Castle's creator

Chimpo

22 Jan 2015, 09:24 #5

The real questions are:

Why do they need new female lead?

Where in timeline do they plan to put this movie?

BTW Gary Whitta send the first script of screenplay and left the project.
"I actually like Jaina/Jag best. Because they're such an imperfect fit, unstoppable force vs. unmoveable object, they challenge each other more and make one another cooler." Aaron Allston

Chimpo

22 Jan 2015, 12:08 #6

Interesting thing is that all those actresses are in 29-31 years old range, all are around 160 cm tall and all have brown hair.

If the spin off was around the same time as episode VII and let's say Han and Leia had a daughter few years post Battle of Endor then I could see Jaina spin off movie :whistling:

Yes I know. I'm such a hopeless case :sign_busted:

T'Keira Lea

13 Feb 2015, 01:58 #7

We can all dream, Imp Boy.

Now we have Chris Weitz (Cinderella and About a Boy) in as writer. Felicity Jones to star supposedly. I still feel like the rumors of which characters are circling the drain and it won't be what any of us expected.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0919363/?ref_=tt_ov_wr

Shinar

12 Mar 2015, 19:30 #8

ROGUE ONE!

YEAH!!!! First spin-off is a movie about X-wings. NOT about Jedi. ARE YOU LISTENING BOOK PUBLISHERS??
“The movies will always be what brought us to this place, but these other stories kept us there. Most people just visited Star Wars. Fans that obsessed over the Expanded Universe lived there.” Phil Owen

jade51999

16 Mar 2015, 14:39 #9

:wub: I love that reaction Shinar
Blog: ...this is what comes next
Twitter: @priyastoric

oldjedinurse

17 Mar 2015, 22:07 #10

Tricia, it probably won't match up with our hopes and dreams, but I'm with Shinar:

ROGUE ONE!!!

If it's anything but a story with a substantial number of X-wings, fans will storm Disney HQ.

If Felicity Jones as "star" isn't the lead pilot, there will be a feminist riot.

They've pretty much limited themselves with the title, if they want to remain in business, that is.

T'Keira Lea

12 Apr 2015, 00:10 #11

You know, Rogues and Wraiths are all cool with me.

I got a chuckle out of Felicity Jones (confirmed star of Rogue One) saying she'd like a pink lightsaber when asked by MTV.

http://fangirlblog.com/2015/04/felicity ... e-is-pink/

Chimpo

20 Apr 2015, 17:37 #12

So this is actually not about Rogue Squadron or Wraiths. It's about the Rebels mission when they stole Death Star plans.

Shinar

23 Apr 2015, 15:27 #13

Yeah, as soon as they announced the timeframe I suspected it would be something like that. Oh well. I'm way more concerned about the "more grey" statements. Got enough of that crap in the EU books and we all know how that turned out. . . Stay with the Star Wars roots dammit! I don't want any of the newfangled batman and superman crap.

T'Keira Lea

23 Apr 2015, 20:42 #14

I'm still confused about what it's about. But hey, Sam Caflin may be in it!

http://www.thewrap.com/sam-claflin-eyed ... exclusive/
=P~

Solo_and_Fel

05 May 2015, 16:38 #15

I was at the panel on this one and Edwards very much emphasized that the shadow of a time when the Jedi were around to save people looms over this movie. And that this is about what happens when there's no one to come swooping in to save you, when regular beings have to step up and be the heroes. There's a lot of people involved in the production side that have experience on war movies and it really sounded like it's going to be all about those shades of gray.
I still want Blood Oath.

Mayhem Squadron Commander

Chimpo

06 May 2015, 03:03 #16

That sounds great but they will have a problem with PG-13 rating where they will have to make it more kid friendly then shades of grey.

Solo_and_Fel

09 May 2015, 05:28 #17

That's a good question. It definitely didn't sound like it was going to be kid-friendly. Although I'd be surprised if they couldn't get a PG-13. Even the short teaser they played had voices calling out to each other over a radio/comm system and they cut it so you couldn't fully understand what they were saying but it all sounded urgent and panicked and even a little scary.

And that may be what happens with this Anthology films – some family-friendly, some less so, all dependent on the story.
I still want Blood Oath.

Mayhem Squadron Commander

T'Keira Lea

26 May 2015, 00:50 #18

Well RotS was PG-13. So parents will have to decide Age of Ultron is PG-13 so that doesn't seem to stop movies from making bank.