RayS
Advanced Member
RayS
Advanced Member

1:24 AM - Sep 28, 2012 #11

Thanks Jen, had heard of it but never seen it in practice. Looks like another method for the filling arsenal ( of which I manage to lots of).

Floyd
Advanced Member
Floyd
Advanced Member

8:53 AM - Sep 28, 2012 #12

I've yet to use this method, still have a stockpile of milliput. what's the talk/glue like to rescribe? any pitfalls to be aware off.

desmojen
Advanced Member
desmojen
Advanced Member

4:30 PM - Sep 28, 2012 #13

None at all really, it is honestly as easy as I make it sound :)

It scribes like hard plastic, better than Milliput in my opinion as I've always found Milliput to be a little prone to flaking and chipping as I try to scribe it. The only real gotcha is the possibility for fumes, as some people are sensitive to the fumes from super glue. If I'm doing a big load I do sometimes use my spray booth to avoid breathing too much of it in.

Another way of using gloop is actually as glue. I sometimes mix up a batch and glue my parts together with it. The stuff that squeezes out of the joint can be wiped smoothish, or just left to dry as it is. Once it is dry, sand it away and you're done! Glued and filled in one easy step :)

Jen.

MikeC
Advanced Member
MikeC
Advanced Member

4:12 PM - Oct 05, 2012 #14

I've just tried this: thanks very much, Jen, it worked a treat, it's the easiest quickest filler I've ever used. :thumbsup:

One downside - I've not long ago bought a new pack of Milliput! :boohoo: :crying:

The Hooded Claw
Advanced Member
The Hooded Claw
Advanced Member

9:12 AM - Oct 06, 2012 #15

MikeC wrote:I've just tried this: thanks very much, Jen, it worked a treat, it's the easiest quickest filler I've ever used. :thumbsup:

One downside - I've not long ago bought a new pack of Milliput! :boohoo: :crying:
That's perfect as if you didn't buy it within the last 24 hours it will be buggered anyway!

THC (as firm an advocate of the superglue & talc method as any)

Kpnuts
Advanced Member
Kpnuts
Advanced Member

5:41 AM - Sep 01, 2016 #16

Something else I've learned, thanks very much.