Models by Grant Matthews in 2017

Grant
Advanced Member
Grant
Advanced Member

January 1st, 2018, 10:00 am #1

A bit of a lean year this year, only two kits completed (2 others started but shelved), 2 figures painted and a bit of 'art'.

No.1 1/48th World Speed Record Holder G-LYNX
The Airfix Lynx Mk7 kit converted to the world speed record configuration using the Belcher Bits set, plus a scratchbuilt instrumentation fit and water/methanol injection tank in the cabin.

No.2 1/32nd Maintainers cleaning a Lewis gun
A couple of resin figures representing RFC maintainers working on a Lewis gun. Did most of the figure painting in a hotel room in Italy. The base and 'canvas' hanger backdrop were completed back in the UK.

No.3 Sprue Heads
Having seen some of the wire sculptures around, I thought - I could probably do the in sprue! So, using the Lavazza couple as a guide for the heads (I am no artist) I used a hairdryer to soften the sprue and bent and glued to get something like outlines, leaving the brain to fill in the details. Painted with Vallejo Air Bronze and mounted on a nice bit of Cherry.

No.4 1/72 SR/A.1
Off to Italy again, so running out of time before Telford, I needed something simple to put together. The Planet Models SR/A.1 resin kit fitted the bill nicely. Rare Earth magnets used to hold it onto the pole, Deluxe Materials - Making Waves for the water, and Vallejo Air Duraluminium for the overall finish.

Spad
Advanced Member
Spad
Advanced Member

January 2nd, 2018, 11:52 pm #2

OK not so many but quality there. Really like the Lynx. and quite taken by the sculpture - bit different!
ATB
Rick

peebeep
Advanced Member
peebeep
Advanced Member

January 3rd, 2018, 12:59 pm #3

I really like the SR/A1, looks like 'Winkle' in the cockpit!