Jen's Efforts

desmojen
Advanced Member
desmojen
Advanced Member

December 24th, 2012, 4:43 pm #1

Well here we are again so soon, a year passes so fast!

2012 was a bit up and down for me, modelling time having taken a bit of a hit from Baby Ruth. I have learned, though, to make the best of what time I do get and spend far less time day dreaming or generally faffing around than I used to :)

So, first finish this year for me was the sublime little Tamiya Corsair in 1/72.

Such a beautiful little kit, it really started a bit of a 1/72 scale roll for me this year, so much so that 11 of my 17 builds were in the scale! The next finish marks another unexpected resurgence, this time for Airfix.

This one is a conversion, using the Freightdog models MkXI conversion, and the first of 7 Airfix builds this year. The buying habits reflected a similar change, with more than 30% of my total buy count! :o

Next up, one of the best kits I have built to date bar none, the Fine Molds A6M3 Zero.

Some resin tickling next, the Freightdog SR53

Swiftly followed by another Airfix, this time the F-86. I chose the road less modelled and went for the Yugoslav version.

A whiffy Staggerwing follows, the 1/48 kit from Roden, built for a customer and using Ad Astra masks for the serials and my own masks for the striping.

Speedy build of a speedy bird next, an Airfix Canberra PR9 made as a leaving gift for a work colleague in two and a half weeks.

I mixed the Hemp colour myself due to the lack of a suitable acrylic version on the market, and used a resin cockpit.

A very much less speedy build of the superb Academy F-18D next. This one had been on the dusty side shelf for quite some time :)

I don't really care for modern jets that much, especially grey American ones. But despite that, this build and the finished model are one of my favourites from the year.

Next up, first one from the Falklands GB, a pretty shiny SHAR from the Italeri kit.

Another commission now, the Inpact Bristol Bulldog.

Before the second, and third Falklands builds, the Airfix Chinook and a slightly less shiny SHAR.

Another Falklands bird now, this time from the other side. The Airfix Skyhawk with an A-4C conversion fitted.

Going back to the proper scale for a minute, my most improbable build of the year in many ways. I didn't think I'd be able to do it when I started, but this Macchi M.5 was built in less than 3 weeks to enable display at SMW.

Another one from the dusty shelf, this one from even further back, the Accurate Miniatures P-51A. I used Ad Astra masks again for all the markings on this.

I'm not allowed to show you a photo yet, but the next finish after this was the new and as yet unreleased Airfix Spitfire PRXIX. Look out for it in Airfix Model World magazine soon ;)

Last and not least by any means, another quick build. This one has been built for my little brother as a Christmas gift, a vintage Airfix Eagle Transporter from the TV series Space 1999.

So there's my 2012. Seventeen builds in all, and through the use of my maximum geeky spreadsheet of buying and building, I can see that I have managed to dent my stash to the tune of ten, so that's nice B)

Merry Christmas all, and here's to lots of happy modelling for all of us in 2013! :beer:

Jen.

Mentalguru
Advanced Member
Mentalguru
Advanced Member

December 24th, 2012, 5:08 pm #2

Very nice collection there Jen.

I love the Eagle thingy-- I don't think I've ever seen one of these built up, and you have done it proud :)

Bon holidays x

chrismac60
Advanced Member
chrismac60
Advanced Member

December 24th, 2012, 9:25 pm #3

Great models, have a great 2013
Chris

Jelly071
Advanced Member
Jelly071
Advanced Member

December 24th, 2012, 9:27 pm #4

Great Build Build Jen. i love the Eagle

The Hooded Claw
Advanced Member
The Hooded Claw
Advanced Member

December 24th, 2012, 9:33 pm #5

Damn, beat me by one!

I'd have got away with it if it wasn't for those pesky kids!

THC

Jonathan Mock
Advanced Member
Jonathan Mock
Advanced Member

December 24th, 2012, 9:56 pm #6

Ha! Love the Eagle!

Spad
Advanced Member
Spad
Advanced Member

December 29th, 2012, 12:44 pm #7

Top work as ever Jen, but loving the Corsair, Zero and the Macchi.

cheers
Rick

Seamus
Advanced Member
Seamus
Advanced Member

December 29th, 2012, 7:22 pm #8

Prolific as ever, and all to a high standard as expected, a superb haul for the year there Jen. Obviously the Shars stand out for me, but it's the 1:72 warbirds that steal the show- the Corsair and Zero are outstanding :thumbsup:

Grant
Advanced Member
Grant
Advanced Member

December 29th, 2012, 8:15 pm #9

Impressive as ever Jen. Highlights for me are the Staggerwing and the M.5.

cheers

Grant

Mike W
Advanced Member
Mike W
Advanced Member

December 29th, 2012, 8:32 pm #10

All superb but that Corsair is the mutts nuts.