All over for another year!

peebeep
Advanced Member
peebeep
Advanced Member

November 13th, 2016, 10:52 pm #1

Well it's all over for another year, I hope all of you that attended had a great time, I certainly did. I'm too pooped to write much at the moment, but thanks to everybody that contributed to the table. :thumbsup:

peebeep

phantomdriver
Advanced Member
phantomdriver
Advanced Member

November 14th, 2016, 3:14 pm #2

Yep!

Got a few bargains and chewed the fat......

Harriet
Advanced Member
Harriet
Advanced Member

November 14th, 2016, 7:05 pm #3

Not long been back ourselves - it was a great weekend. Bargains and chat - what more could a girl want? :D

Grant
Advanced Member
Grant
Advanced Member

November 14th, 2016, 7:31 pm #4

An excellent weekend. Not enough time to do all the great models on show justice, but I completed my list and didn't go too over board on 'extras'. Nice work with the labels Paul.

Now...what should I build next?

cheers

Grant

Deanflyer
Advanced Member
Deanflyer
Advanced Member

November 14th, 2016, 8:25 pm #5

It was nice to meet up with everyone again...thanks for the hospitality folks!

I had a nice relaxing two days, didn't spend much but treated myself to a few nostalgia kits: 1/8 E Type Jaguar, 1/72 FW190 and Ju52, and a 1/144 Bristol Britannia. They'll keep me quiet for a while...when I can find the time to get round to them.

Cheers,
Dean

chrism
Advanced Member
chrism
Advanced Member

November 14th, 2016, 9:42 pm #6

Well done Paul and Grant for sorting it all out. The models looked nicely spaced out with the labels too.
Took me and Paul Bradley over 5 hours to get back. We sat in traffic inching along slowly for 2 hours on the M42. So much for our planned prompt getaway! Pulled out of the car park 4.05pm, I dropped Paul off at 9pm and got home outside my place, at 9.24pm

peebeep
Advanced Member
peebeep
Advanced Member

November 14th, 2016, 11:19 pm #7

Sorry to hear that Chris, Tony and myself had a very good journey back to Essex after a bit of a slow start on the M6. One thing, I can't remember packing the car to leave Telford with it still being daylight!

peebeep

Harriet
Advanced Member
Harriet
Advanced Member

November 15th, 2016, 1:13 pm #8

Ah, Sunday nights and the motorway system ... we only use the M4 and M5, and even with the roadworks we were back in 3 hrs tops. I've been doing this route most of my life due to family being in that neck of the woods, and the "Kiddi - Bridgnorth" route is quite definitely the best.

desmojen
Advanced Member
desmojen
Advanced Member

November 15th, 2016, 5:30 pm #9

I have to say, I've never struggled so much with traffic in all the years I've been doing SMW. I missed set up on Friday because of it, then sat in the M42 debacle for 2 hours on the way home like Chris. I'd left smartly, sailed through the M54/M6 merge and passed the M5 interchange thinking I was home and dry........

A great weekend otherwise though, it seems to get faster and faster every year and I always miss as many people (or more) than those that I see and catch up with. I've returned home fired up for the projects I'm working on, and already looking forward to the first show next year. It was lovely to see those of you that I did see, same again next year? :)

Jen.

peebeep
Advanced Member
peebeep
Advanced Member

November 15th, 2016, 7:24 pm #10

desmojen wrote:...same again next year? :)
For sure. I'll also get together a diary for 2017 of shows that we might be interested in exhibiting.

peebeep