Vischulis

Vischulis

Monte
Monte

May 16th, 2017, 5:43 pm #1

I am looking for anyone that has info on my grandfather, his name was Victor Vischulis and any info on his family. I have lost the emails that had alot of info about him. They we from the Chicago area.

Thanks

Monte
Monte

May 16th, 2017, 5:50 pm #2

I am also wondering if Donald Vischulis is still on this forum, he was a big help to me earlier when I first started looking for info on my family.

Jankauskas
Jankauskas

May 16th, 2017, 6:54 pm #3

I am looking for anyone that has info on my grandfather, his name was Victor Vischulis and any info on his family. I have lost the emails that had alot of info about him. They we from the Chicago area.

Thanks
Monte, Are you refering to Victor Vischulis b. 1898 who married Stella Tamosaite 15 Feb 1920 in Chicago, Illinois? Carl J

Monte
Monte

May 16th, 2017, 7:37 pm #4

Yes I am, I started doing a little searching back in 2010 and Don Vischulis helped me alot but I lost the info so I'm back to square one.

Jankauskas
Jankauskas

May 16th, 2017, 11:22 pm #5

Monte, There are four family trees on Ancestry.com with extensive information on Victor Vischulis, his wives, and children. Carl J

Monte
Monte

May 17th, 2017, 1:37 am #6

My wife did the dna test from Ancestry and I'm also planning on doing it, thinking we'll get a membership and will check out the family trees. Thanks.

Jankauskas
Jankauskas

May 17th, 2017, 4:04 am #7

Monte, You can get a lot of genealogical information, similar to Ancestry.com(censuses, draft cards, marriages, births, deaths, etc), at Familysearch.org. It's a free site. Carl J

Monte
Monte

May 17th, 2017, 10:44 pm #8

Thanks for the info Carl, also do you recommend a certain DNA test to do?

Jankauskas
Jankauskas

May 18th, 2017, 1:23 am #9

Monte, I did the Ancestry DNA test. I wasn't very specific. My Lithuanian ancestry was identified as "Eastern European". I don't have any recommendation. Perhaps someone on this site may have one. Carl J

Star Lakavage
Star Lakavage

May 19th, 2017, 12:53 pm #10

Guys, my husband does a LOT of genealogy work, has done so for years. He is a big fan of Ancestry.com and of their DNA testing. He recommends it to many people asking similar questions. His ancestry is Scots/Scots-Irish/German. From his experience, no DNA testing will tell you more than Eastern European when it comes to those countries-they will link you to others researching a similar resultant group. My husband is really into the Scottish heritage and helps at many festivals in our area-he has been extremely helpful to those starting out. He has very mixed feelings about using other recently advertised DNA testing. Claims are a little too specific in their ads. You might be of Nordic ancestry but that doesn't pinpoint you to a specific country and you might share some traits but remember our varied American backgrounds. Same with Eastern Europeans. That helps you to narrow down the search but you've got to put in your own muscle after that. And also, remember, they do point you in the direction of others searching similar lines. Hope this helps! Star