Tamaliunas & Tamasauskas information

Tamaliunas & Tamasauskas information

monica crockett
monica crockett

March 7th, 2012, 3:15 am #1

Thanks Tom for responding, I just put a feeler out with the first post.
My mother and father came out to Australia 22/07/1949, Port Fremantle Western Australia on the ship Amarapoora. They were in a DP camp Mattenberg, Kassel, Oberzwehren, Germany.
My mothers date of birth 22/03/1923 Klaipeda, Lithuania. DP number 564029.
My fathers date of birth 27/11/1922 Kruonys, Trakai, Lithuania. Dp number 564027.
They had a son while they were in the camp Vincas on the papers (William) on the 18/05/1946.
They were married on the 17/07/1945 in a registry office in Wiesbaden, Germany.
My mothers parents were Antanas and Katrina Tamaliunas (Nee Griskas). I do not know anything about them my mother never spoke of family or Lithuania, I belive she has two sisters. One of them is Irene Laurinawitsch, I rang her once and sent two letters asking what might of happened, but no response. She lives in Mannheim. Germany.Since my mothers death I have found a few photos and the name Thiem cames up a bit on some headstones. Albert, Ana, and Eduard
I know that my father had a brother Jozef Tamasauskas and he lived in England. I do not know if there were more siblings. Their father was also Jozef.
I also believe that when they came to Australia they were in a camp in Bonegila.
I look forward to hearing from you,
Regards,
Monica.

Mark Murphy
Mark Murphy

March 8th, 2012, 9:05 am #2

Hello. I am sorry to bother you and this might be a stupid question but what exactly is a DP number and how would Ibe able to obtain it for my relatives? Also, is there any way you could provide me with the contact unformation of the office or person you sent a message to for the Lithuanian Birth Certificate? Thank you very much!

Monica Crockett
Monica Crockett

March 8th, 2012, 10:54 am #3

Hello Mark,
Thank you for responding to my queries,
DP means Displaced Person, it means that the person does not have any where to live, when the war has bombed their homes or have to leave the country due to invasion from another country.
You can get resettlement copies of your relatives that have come to Australia (I do not know what country that you are in) from the National Archives of Australia. For a fee they will send you paper work which has details of the ship, what camp they were in, copy of photo, date of birth, who was in the family that came out with the person, where they lived and type of work that they did, and brief medical details, etc.
The website is www.naa.gov.au
I would be interested in the name of your relatives and where they are from.
Regards ,
Monica

Terese Umbras Fehlberg
Terese Umbras Fehlberg

October 25th, 2013, 6:51 am #4

Dear Monica - I am in West Aust, and a few years ago I tried to help my friend Otis Tamosauskas in Canada look for his half sister Birute Tamosauskaite. Unfortunately, I have not been able to trace her and her mother after their arrival in Lennox Street, Maryborough, Qld. I believe they may have found refuge at St Mary's catholic parish.
Brone Tamosauskiene nee Donauskaite (b. 1918) a seamstress from Kretinga and Plunge and her daughter Brone Tamosauskaite (b. 1938) arrived in Melbourne on the Gen Stuart Heintzelman in April 1949 (ex Naples and previously a camp in Amberg, Germany). They appear to have come to Aust themselves.
Kazys Tamosauskas the husband and father went on to Canada and remarried.
I've tried to find out if Brone and Birute left Australia and went elsewhere, but so far no luck. I've written to Lith clubs, newspaper, St Mary's and some individuals.
Can you keep these two in mind - just in case you come across them somewhere.
Thank you.
Cheers
Terese

Sheralee Tamaliunas
Sheralee Tamaliunas

August 18th, 2016, 10:41 am #5

Thanks Tom for responding, I just put a feeler out with the first post.
My mother and father came out to Australia 22/07/1949, Port Fremantle Western Australia on the ship Amarapoora. They were in a DP camp Mattenberg, Kassel, Oberzwehren, Germany.
My mothers date of birth 22/03/1923 Klaipeda, Lithuania. DP number 564029.
My fathers date of birth 27/11/1922 Kruonys, Trakai, Lithuania. Dp number 564027.
They had a son while they were in the camp Vincas on the papers (William) on the 18/05/1946.
They were married on the 17/07/1945 in a registry office in Wiesbaden, Germany.
My mothers parents were Antanas and Katrina Tamaliunas (Nee Griskas). I do not know anything about them my mother never spoke of family or Lithuania, I belive she has two sisters. One of them is Irene Laurinawitsch, I rang her once and sent two letters asking what might of happened, but no response. She lives in Mannheim. Germany.Since my mothers death I have found a few photos and the name Thiem cames up a bit on some headstones. Albert, Ana, and Eduard
I know that my father had a brother Jozef Tamasauskas and he lived in England. I do not know if there were more siblings. Their father was also Jozef.
I also believe that when they came to Australia they were in a camp in Bonegila.
I look forward to hearing from you,
Regards,
Monica.
Hi Monica,

I'm hoping you will get this message as it has been a few years since you have posted. I believe my grand father Bronius Tamaliunas was the brother of Antanas Tamaliunas. We are pretty amazed that there may be another line of Tamaliunas in Australia!

If you are keen to touch base and swap information you can contact me at stamaliunas@icloud.com

Regards

Sheralee